DotyGal's 5B Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DotyGal's 5B Journal

Post  dotygal on Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Today starts day 3 for me and I am so inspired by others journals I thought I'd do my own.
DAY 1 (5/19)
Coffee with cinnamon and multivitamin in the AM (read about 5BD and decided to start right away)
Lunch: 5 bites of quesadilla (tortilla, chicken, refried beans, cheese)
Dinner: went out to eat with family...hubby got meatloaf with baked potato...I had 5 bites of his meal. We normally split anyway, but he was super happy I didn't eat half like i normally do! Wink

DAY 2 (5/20)
Coffee with cinnamon and multivitamin in the AM
Lunch: 5 bites of turkey sandwhich (turkey, grainy bread, pepperjack cheese, tomato, lettuce). Gave some to dog and tossed the rest.
Dinner: 6 bites of chicken/rice/mushroom dish. 1 bite red beans and rice.
So on this day I did something unwise...I decided to make Red Beans & Rice (cajun dish) in the crockpot...thinking "what a great meal to sustain me for 5 bites and it makes a lot". BAD IDEA...when you're not eating all day and you smell something cooking in the house...it just makes you think about food too much. I think I may not use my crockpot for a while. THEN the beans were still hard by dinnertime so I had to improvise and make something else. I took 5 bites of that and put the last bite in a tiny tupperware, but then while waiting and smelling food, had a moment of weekness and ate the last bite...but when the crockpot dish was done, around 8PM I wanted to try it to make sure the flavors were there.

DAY 3 (5/21) - Down 2.2 pounds!! Yay!
the rest....to be continued!

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Re: DotyGal's 5B Journal

Post  Sexy123 on Wed May 21, 2014 1:59 pm

What a great start and welcome!  I don't normally like writing everything I eat.  However, sharing it with others going through the same thing really has been helpful.  The accountability really goes a long way.  

Have a Happy 5 bite day!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh and I love the addition of cinnamon.  Smile

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Wed May 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Yeah...I probably will fade off...but for my first week or so I figured I'd keep track!
YES! The cinnamon makes it more indulgent! I was doing half and half, but now I'm getting used to it just black with cinnamon.

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  JESSIEGREENE4 on Wed May 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Have to admit that I also am getting used to coffee with out creamer and just stevia in the raw, sometimes I add a 0 calorie food flavoring like caramel. It also seems to be helping with the am hunger pains... stay strong Very Happy 
JESSIEGREENE4

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Wed May 21, 2014 3:04 pm

Good suggestions JESSIE! We have some sugar free Torani syrup I buy at Cost Plus World Market...Mmm. I have an Almond Roca flavor I'll have to try for tomorrow's coffee (totally forgot about it)!

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

You were faster. I was just going to suggest the Torani sugar free flavor syrup. I got the sample pack. 6 huge bottles which should last me way past this diet. I like the hazelnut best.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Thu May 22, 2014 5:18 pm

DAY 3 (5/21)
Lunch: 5 bites of turkey sandwhich (turkey, grainy bread, pepperjack cheese, tomato, lettuce). This time just made on 1/2 slice of bread so I didn't have excess to throw away.
Dinner: 5 bites of bite red beans and rice.

So my hubby is inspired and ate a large salad for lunch and had 6 bites of red beans and rice for dinner. Man I sure hope he joins me on this. He's at the largest weight he's ever been and I'm worried for his health. I lost 2 more pounds today...I'm now 1 pound lower than my stuck plateau weight I'd been at for several months which makes me SUPER happy!!

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Tue May 27, 2014 1:26 pm

This morning starts Day 9 now...I was super worried about the weekend, but I did pretty good!
Friday: (lunch) 5 bites chicken/tortilla roll-up; (dinner) last of the red beans and rice
Saturday: (lunch) split chicken fried chicken with hubby...took 4 bites then 1 bite of potato; (dinner) We were out watching a concert at an amphitheater. So had 4 bites of cheeseburger 1 bite of chips.
Sunday: (lunch) 5 bites of bean-burger topped with egg on toast; (dinner) 4 bites monte-cristo, 1 bite fried okra - and as a bonus walked to/from the restaurant.
Monday: (lunch) 5 bites chicken/tortilla roll-up; (dinner) crawfish boil at a friend’s house. This was rather hard to determine since everything came out at odd times. The hubby and I figure that a bite of crawfish would be about 4 of them (since the tails were rather small). So I had 8 which would figure to 2 bites, then a 2 bites of a small red potato, 1 bite of a cheddar biscuit. I should have been done but then the hostess comes around with wings and put one on my plate. I ate like 1/2 a bite of it then went to do the dishes for them (keep myself busy and helped them out as well) and was able to discretely throw the rest of the wing away.

I didn't weigh myself today, but yesterday I went up about half a poiund...which isn't too bad considering I did have some wine and beer throughout the weekend, which of course was not perfect on plan, but I stuck to the bites. The hubby followed what I did over the weekend, but instead of just 5 bites he feels since he's bigger he should have 7 (which is what he did). He's still not 100% on board...so I talked him into this week doing the 5 bites for dinner with me, but lunch is either 5 bites OR a healthy salad however large he wants to make it. He loves salad so he seemed to be happy with this compromise.

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Wed May 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Day 10 this morning. I weighed myself this morning and I'm just what I was the last time I weighed myself - loss so far is 4.5 pounds, but I've been on a mini plateau for the last 4 days or so. On one hand that's not too bad being that I was eating richer foods for my 5 bites and had beer and wine over the weekend, but I thought after yesterday being on such a good path my weight would go down. Also this morning I am ravenously hungry!! Drinking my coffee and cinnamon, but holy cow!! I'm ready to chew my arm off! Also I'm getting a lot of headaches and not sleeping...although I have been having issues sleeping even before doing this. So of course I didn't walk yesterday because I'm so tired. I know I should see the doc about my sleeping issues, but being that I'm about 10 pounds heaver than the last time I saw her I am waiting a bit.  Shocked  This is week 2 and I think I've read that a lot of others have issues with being extra hungry and headaches in week 2, right?
Anyway yesterday: (lunch) 5 bites chicken/tortilla roll-up; (dinner) 2 bites fish/3 bites spicy cauli mash with corn.

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu May 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Are doing 10 bites to start off?
Don't worry about the alcohol.
I have a cocktail every night and as long as I am true to my bites, I lose.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Snow - Great to hear you are loosing and having your cocktail as well! I am doing 5 bites for lunch and 5 bites for dinner. I weighed myself today and I'm going down (7 pounds total) so I am much happier than I was Wednesday!!  Very Happy 
Thursday: (lunch) 5 bites chicken/tortilla roll-up; (dinner) 5 bites southwest shepherd's pie

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:18 pm

So today starts week 3 for me. I didn't weigh today, but plan on it tomorrow. Overall I am VERY proud of myself this weekend! I had my 5 bites twice a day except sometimes for dinner when we were out with friends or like yesterday we were at a BBQ and it’s hard to keep track if I had 5 or 6 bites. LOL – I’m a talker! I need to come up with some sort of tracking plan when I’m in an environment where I might lose track. I’ve realized that now it’s become a habit for me…that 5 bites twice a day isn't a big deal anymore. A week or so ago I was thinking…”oh no I can ONLY have 5 bites now” but now it’s…”WooHoo! I’m about to get 5 bites! What do I want?! Let’s make em GOOD”! And Saturday I had brunch with my sister (she has always been the skinny one) and I asked if she would be willing to split. So I ate my 5 bites and she ate her whole half portion. She noticed I had food still on my plate. I just told her I’m eating what I want, but that I’m working on portion control and it was working for me. She was thrilled for me (I wasn’t going to point out how little my ‘portions’ were and that I’m only eating 2x’s a day). Anyway I think I've gotten over the mental hurdle and now feel GREAT about it! We can do it!!

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  stephpresley on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:29 pm

I have an android phone and I use an app called "80 bites". It keeps tracks of your bites. I keep my phone in my lap when I am out with friends and press the bite button every time I take a bite. I use it for almost every meal.

stephpresley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top