New to the 5 Bite Diet - Couple Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to the 5 Bite Diet - Couple Questions

Post  Cut23 on Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 pm

I found out about this diet by Googling "9 bite diet". A colleague of mine, who I haven't seen in awhile, has lost 80 pounds over several months by eating 9 bites of whatever he wants one time a day. So anyway that's how I stumbled across this. So I have a couple questions before I start.

1. I just turned 50, is this weight loss system healthy for someone my age?

2. I currently weigh 205 pounds, all in the mid section, on a 5'8" small frame. (2 years ago I was 175 and running 15 - 20 miles a week and thought I looked great and felt good) All the sites I visit say that I should weigh anywhere from 122 -164 lbs. Does this sound right?

3. Do any of you run or do any other aerobic activity? If so do you increase your bites on run day or do you cheat on those days?

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

Cut23

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the 5 Bite Diet - Couple Questions

Post  Daani on Wed May 14, 2014 11:38 pm

I am over 50 and there are a few other people the same age around. If you have no major medical issues like diabetis then you should be fine with this diet. Is it healthy you ask. Having a lot of pounds to much is unhealthier. This diet is not something you should do for a very long time anyway. If you read from the good doctor or watch his video you will find out that the faster you get this weight loss done you can maintain and live "normal" again.
I don't do any exercise at the moment but we are renovating the house. I get all the exercise I can handle Laughing 

Just start and you will find out how motivating it is to see the scale go down. If you get light headed the first few days, happened to me, drink lots of water. It helps.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Thu May 15, 2014 1:12 am

According to Dr. Lewis your ideal weight is 121. He doesn't provide any variables it seems for age or gender. I think a BMI of 18.5 is the goal.

My goal weight has always been 123 thus my forum tag name.  However, per Dr. Lewis my goal weight should be 114.  Sooo I have decided to shoot for my goal of 123 and then pump myself up to lose those extra 9 lbs as my ultimate goal.

I think he recommends limiting exercise to 30 minutes.  I know that must be hard for a lot of people who are so accustomed to doing more. However, that MORE did not provide the results in the time frame a lot of us were looking for.  So I would suggest if you can modify the diet and still lose weight at a pace that satisfies you, then go for it.  However, I think the longer one is dieting the easier it becomes to cheat or quit.  Therefore, my preference is to follow what he says works best.  Lose fast and get to goal.  Then I can do whatever I want to do within reason of course. BUT in order to lose the weight fast...the diet has a simple formula and it works.

I wish you the best and look forward to reading about your progress.  You can do this!!!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

re: new to 5 bite diet

Post  Houndy on Thu May 15, 2014 12:47 pm

I think Dr. Lewis may be a bit extreme on his ideal weight calculations. According to his calcs, Dr. Oz should lose 40 pounds (Dr. Oz currently weighs 180). I'm all for losing weight, but 140 lbs for a 6 ft man is nutz and would not be attractive to me.... ok, I guess that is TMI. Har!
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Thu May 15, 2014 2:17 pm

I wonder if that 6ft man was 190 but still had an 18.5 BMI if that would be ok?  I would assume so because it is the fat we are trying to lose.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  ja619 on Thu May 15, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm a male, 5'9" and per the charts and my Doctor, my weight should be 170lbs at most. Well I'm 45 y/o and the last time I weighed that low was when I'd cut weight as a high school senior for wrestling. I was skin and bones back then, and miserable. I'm shooting for 200lbs, then I'll re-evaluate at that point. I just want to feel better and hopefully extend my life.

ja619

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top