I am loving this diet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am loving this diet

Post  JC2014 on Thu May 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here to the forum (and forums in general). I started the 5 bite diet this past Saturday, so I'm on my 6th day of the diet today. A little background: I had a baby 10 months ago and was overweight when I got pregnant so I have at least 40 pounds that I'd like to lose and probably 20-30 more to get to my "ideal" weight. The pounds have been very hard to shed prior to this diet.

But now... I've lost 9 pounds in 5 days on the diet! I'm amazed and so excited to kept it coming off. Sometimes I feel hungry but it's not been to bad, certainly a lot easier than I thought. I've always had trouble sticking to a diet and the ability to eat anything I want but only a limited amount of bites (and 2x a day) makes me feel like I'm not being deprived. It's so nice to feel in control.

JC2014

Back to top Go down

Hi JC2014

Post  ControlIt on Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 am

Welcome! I started this diet and the forums a week ago Saturday.
I'm on day 12.
I was eating breakfast the first week and I only lost 5 pounds.
I think that was my mistake.
I started at 201 pounds. I was 197 pounds Saturday.
I did the 5 bites today but I ate a sandwich with low cal bread, lt mayo, cheese, deli ham and turkey.
I think diet soda might be hindering my diet now. I guess I'm easing into it slowly.
Do you drink soda?

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I am loving this diet

Post  JC2014 on Fri May 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi ControlIt! Thanks for the welcome. And great job on losing some weight! It feels so great doesn't it? No, I haven't drank soda or diet soda for a couple years now. I used to be addicted to diet Pepsi and drank several cans a day. Now I drink water and tea mostly plus a morning coffee. But I remember that i used to feel like diet soda (or anything with fake sugar) hindered my weight loss.

I'm a big breakfast eater so not eating breakfast is probably the hardest part for me too. Also, for me, I feel like I need fat, protein and carb in order to fulfill me and sustain me enough to get to the next meal without freaking out and eating everything in sight ; )

Some of the things I've eaten are cheeseburger from in and out, lasagna, Mac n cheese with beef, chicken sandwhiches, and loaded baked potato soup. I bought the little tiny snickers bars and if I need sweet then I take a bite less of my food and then have the mini snickers. Prior to this diet even thinking about those foods would cause a ten pound gain lol. But on my first week on the diet I feel like those choices help sustain me longer than something like a low carb bread Sandwhich and that way I stick to the 5 bites. Also, it keeps me from feeling dreprived. And now I'm 10 pounds down after 6 days! Although there was a day or two where I had a small spoonful of peanut butter because I felt like I was going to pass out ; )

Are you really sticking to the amount of bites besides having breakfast?

JC2014

Back to top Go down

Re: I am loving this diet

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top