Howdy from Texas...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howdy from Texas...

Post  Fleming426 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 pm

First time I ever heard of the 5-bite diet was a few days ago when Dr. Lewis was on Dr. Oz... makes sense to me, so I ordered the book... not sure when I'll be starting, I've got a day trip coming up Thursday, so I figured I'd wait 'til after that... anyway, glad to be here... I hope to get to know all of you & get some great tips for making this diet work... I've been on lots of other plans... the only one that was a success was Ideal Protein (very low carb, low fat), 4 years ago, I lost about 70 lbs... I kept it off pretty well for a couple of years, then my dad passed away, & food became my comfort... now I'm not quite back to where I started, but getting way too close... I'm ready to get control of my life & my eating again...

hugs...
Fleming.........

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

re: Howdy from Texas

Post  Houndy on Tue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Howdy yourself, welcome aboard! I've been on the protein bandwagon myself for years but after awhile it doesn't work as well anymore.
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy from Texas...

Post  Fleming426 on Tue May 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Houndy, thanks for the warm welcome!.. same for me, protein/low-carb isn't working as well this time... I'm just hoping 5BD will give me a big kick in the seat of the pants...

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 am

Welcome Fleming!  
If you could lose 70lbs before, I think you will do beautifully on 5 bite.  Less thinking.  Less planning.  Less stress.  Sounds like a winning plan to me.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Sexy123 wrote:Welcome Fleming!  
If you could lose 70lbs before, I think you will do beautifully on 5 bite.  Less thinking.  Less planning.  Less stress.  Sounds like a winning plan to me.

Thanks Sexy123... I'm ready!!!..  bounce

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Houndy on Tue May 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Hey Fleming, you must have access to some mighty tasty BBQ there in Texas! I had some "burnt ends" last night myself.  Very Happy 
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 on Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Houndy wrote:Hey Fleming, you must have access to some mighty tasty BBQ there in Texas!   I had some "burnt ends" last night myself.  Very Happy 

Yes, there's some great barbeque to be found around here... I think a lot of states have their own special version, though, & I imagine it's all great... but what I like here you might not like, & vice versa... so, I never claim or argue that Texas barbeque is the best... it's just what suits my taste buds...

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Houndy on Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm pretty sure I've never met a BBQ that I didn't like... but it does work well for this diet!
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 pm

flower  Hey folks, I'm back... I had just got started on 5BD in May & my mother invited me to go to Colorado with her... I do fine on diets when I'm home alone, but when Mum is around, there's just too much temptation... so, 5BD went by the wayside & after a second trip to Colorado & another one to Ireland, I'm finally ready to get serious again with 5BD... I re-read the book a couple of times in the past few days, just to get all that info back into my brain, so tomorrow's the day!!!..

I also just read The Skinny Gut Diet... lots of good info in there, too, if anybody's interested... helpful principles I can incorporate into 5BD...

Anyway, I'm glad to be back & am determined to follow through this time, all the way to the end -- or 135 lbs. -- whichever comes first!..

Hugs...

Fleming.......... sunny

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Good luck. Stay strong.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  buffy2327 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi welcome Very Happy
I seen the Dr. Oz episode to back in April and I started may 1st and never looked back. I also tried so many yo yo diets an nothing has worked like the 5 bites I started with out the book jus t jumped right in lol I still want to get it though . Best of luck when you start.

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks, y'all... it's a little tough re-starting... when I started 5BD back in May, I just jumped right in & everything was cool... but this time, I find I'm having to ease into it, cutting back a little bit every couple of days, & then finally I'll settle on 5 bites... I guess I got too used to pigging out with my mum!!!.. I'm getting there, though... my tummy is already a little flatter, even if it still has a long way to go before it's REALLY flat!!!..

Hugs........

Fleming.......... flower

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:24 pm

One day at a time. You will get there, just don't give up.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top