encouragement needed please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

encouragement needed please

Post  Annna on Mon May 05, 2014 12:22 am

Hi, today is day 3. no headaches, not hungry, no cravings. just ... blah- the mind is a funny thing, almost feels like I'm punishing myself.  Sad 
this morning was tough at church, felt lightheaded, just kind of "off" wanted to eat something for emotional support, but took a nap instead.
I'm just feeling a little down, dis heartened i guess. I don't own a scale, but will be weighing myself tomorrow at work. I've done little things like a self mani, rented a movie.. etc.

I don't think it helps that it was almost 90 today, and I'm not ready for shorts weather yet. Feels like it's another summer feeling self conscious but trying to hide it, judging myself. normally I would binge to make me feel better. but I don't want to blow my heard work. I've scoured the web for results of others to encourage myself. not a lot out there unfortunately.

any words of encouragement? I'm going to get a scale on Friday any tips on what kind is best? my first day weighed in at 260.
has anybody else experienced these 5B blues?

Annna

Back to top Go down

Re: encouragement needed please

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 12:49 am

No blues here and I am sorry you are feeling this way. Be strong! U can do this.

1. Perhaps go online shopping. I love to go window shopping online for clothes I look forward to fitting into. 2. Set goals and the rewards for meeting those little goals.
3. Look at before and after pics and stories of anyone who has lost. It doesn't matter what they did (don't deviate from this awesome plan). But reading the stories of others who have won the war against flab helps me. For a quick, "I can do this if they did" pick me up I will just look at images online.
4. Pray for strength, encourage yourself and remind yourself of your motivation for wanting to lose weight and be healthy. A close relative was rushed to the emergency room today for a genetic ailment. Initially, I wanted to stress eat but then I reminded myself that I am doing the best thing I can do to help alleviate my risk factors for illnesses and diseases.
5. Listen to music and sing.
6. Look at old pictures or do something new or call a loved one.
7. Read
9- a million. Do something anything that will keep you motivated,encouraged, and confident that you can and will stay on track. Do u know why??? Because it works and U DESERVE it! sunny 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Thanks Sexy

Post  Annna on Mon May 05, 2014 1:14 am

Thank you so much!! You're right even though I've been a little down today, I've stuck with it.
I would have loved to comfort eat a couple of bowls of cereal, but I didn't I stayed the course!
And thanks for reminding me why I'm doing this, and that I got a direct message in church today.. the sermon was about getting rid of the weight that weighs you down & keeps you from running your race!

and thanks for the great tips.
I hope your close relative is ok, and recovers well and soon. You did great not giving into the stress eating.  Smile 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:21 am

Well kudos to you! Just think, if you made it through today, you can be POP everyday.

I just found another relative was rushed to the hospital last night. I feel the stress and you know what I am doing. I am on this forum for strength. Then I will make sure my kiddies are ready for school tomorrow. Then I will call it a night. I will cut the evening short and not allow old habits make me regret a rash decision. I have come too far to mess things up and that 11th bite will not help my family or me.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna on Mon May 05, 2014 2:06 am

Sexy123 wrote:Well kudos to you!  Just think, if you made it through today, you can be POP everyday.

I just found another relative was rushed to the hospital last night.  I feel the stress and you know what I am doing.  I am on this forum for strength.  Then I will make sure my kiddies are ready for school tomorrow.  Then I will call it a night.  I will cut the evening short and not allow old habits make me regret a rash decision.  I have come too far to mess things up and that 11th bite will not help my family or me.

stay strong,, you CAN, and ARE doing this!! that is why we are here to support each other when it gets tough. it will be worth it, not just for you, for your family. for your relatives. break the cycle. you can do it.

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks so much!!! I made it through the night. One day, one bite at a time. I love this support!!!!  I love you 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Mon May 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Hey sexy! You are so right when you said " that 11th bite wont help me" -a truer statement has never been said! Also- we have to remember that what you said about health and disease are also correct. We want to do this to look better- but there is a much biggger picture. We need to remember that. I need to be here for my family. Sorry about your relatives. Terrible thing. But congrats on not stress eating. That is me too. Big time. Stay strong-stay focused- we are all here for you! Have a great Monday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top