135 is the magic number!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

135 is the magic number!

Post  MagicNumber3 on Sat May 03, 2014 3:34 am

Hello all! Thought I'd join this forum for some additional accountability and to connect and commiserate (haha) with others on the 5BD!

I actually started 3 days ago (4/30/14) and am ending my 3rd day. So far, so good! Today was the most difficult of all, but with some positive self-talk and a couple glasses of diet soda, I worked my way through it. Wink

My starting weight was 168.8, today I was down to 167 even. So nice to see a number below 168! I've lost 60 pounds over the last 4-5 months, jumping back and forth between calorie counting, raw dieting, and eating the same exact thing every day (got tired of counting calories, so I'd eat the same thing since I already knew they'd fit into my daily calorie limit!). I'm so happy that the 5BD has broken my 2 wk "plateau" and I'm looking forward to continuing til the end of this month at least.

My goal weight is around 135-140, which is on the higher end of "normal" for my height (5'3"), but I build muscle quickly and have a larger/voluptuous body type and frame, so anything under 130 may be too small for me.

Today I had:

5 bites corn dog
5 bites crumb donut
5 bites chili fries

Not at all healthy, I know. But I had serious cravings, so I indulged! Also, I eat 5 bites 3x a day (at noon, 3pm and 6pm) instead of 2x.

Can't wait to meet everyone. Here's a toast to us keeping on plan and soon meeting our goals!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Re: 135 is the magic number!

Post  Sexy123 on Sat May 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Congrats on the awesome weight loss thus far and 3 successful days in 5bite.  Very Happy 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sat May 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Great job! I don't eat at all "healthy" foods- but i feel likenthat is the true secret. You get to have ANYTHING in the world and it still works. No more guilt. No more having a different dinner than everyone else! Its very freeing- don't feel bad at all in your choice of foods. Its what keeps us on plan! Bring on the chili fries! Haha - happy Saturday! And welcome- we can all do this together! Cheers!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 am

Thanks guys!  Smile 

Today was a pretty on-plan day:

5 bites soy chicken buffalo wings
5 bites soft pretzel and 1 bite of chocolate
5 bites chili fries (leftover from yesterday!)

I weighed in at 166.0 today, woohoo! Another pound down! Might not weight again until my "official" weigh in day - Weds, but we'll see. Curiosity always gets the best of me, lol.

Tammy, you are so right. I shouldn't feel guilty about eating my favorite foods - that's why I chose this diet in the first place, I was tired of being restricted! So from here on out I will enjoy my chili fries and corn dogs and chocolate guilt-free.  Smile  Thanks for the warm welcome!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sun May 04, 2014 4:08 pm

There you go! Great attitude! I believe too that this is why it works. We like our faborites. Try to cut out whole food groups- or only eat low fat or no sugar- etc- and how long does that last? Oh yeah- it DOESN'T ! Haha thats why we are here. We will prevail! Glad we are in this together! Happy Sunday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:14 am

Done with day... 5?! Unbelievable - the days are flying by! Today was a 25 bite day (I planned to have 25 bites today - tomorrow and Tuesday will be 10 bite days to compensate). I went out to eat with my family, and no one knows I'm counting bites, so I planned 10 extra bites today for lunch. I didn't even need the extra 10 bites - my stomach has already shrunk so much that they were actually pain to get through and I still feel stuffed!  No  But I have a family full of big-mouths and I knew they'd more than likely have not-so-nice things to say about this diet, so I'm keeping mum about it for now.

So today:

5 bites buffalo wings
5 bites donuts
15 bites club sandwich

The scale was down to 165.8 today. Only a .2lb loss, but seeing a new number is still exciting! Not sure if I'll show a loss tomorrow with the extra bites, but I'm not too worried about it. By my official WI day on Weds, all my bites will have evened out.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:53 pm

It's the top of day 7 and I weighed in at 163.6.  cheers I can't believe it's been a week already since I've started!

Day 6 I ate:

5 bites of turkey wrap 2x
Oodles of Diet Sprite and water

I've also been doing HIIT workouts every other day since Saturday. I don't know if exercising is advised on this diet, but I really like exercising and giving it up might affect my mood a little (it's the only emotional release I have since I stopped turning to food for comfort). So I'm keeping my workouts light and/or short. So far working out hasn't made me any hungrier and I hope it stays that way!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Tue May 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Awesome magic! Sounds like you are doing great- and yes- if exercise makes you happy- you should definitely not stop! Keeping it light is a good idea- just because you are running on not much food! Keep posting! Have a great Tuesday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 pm

135 is my number also. I will probably need a little longer due to age but that's okay. As long as we get there.
You have been doing pretty good.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbee on Wed May 07, 2014 1:11 am

A week has flown by and you are doing so well!! I want to get to 136 because that is where I feel great, so we have a similar goal Smile

Kim

kimbee

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna on Wed May 07, 2014 2:54 am

Wow! look how great you're doing! way to go!! Smile 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Wed May 07, 2014 4:18 am

Thanks, everyone!

Kim and Daani - that's awesome, with 5B I'm sure we'll all reach 135 before we know it!

Today I had:

5 bites Subway ham sandwich 2x
A forkful of grapefruit (<20 cals) - I felt nauseated and grapefruit always cures that feeling for me

I also walked on the beach for an hour, from one end to the next and back (with pauses along the way to admire the hunky surfers  Laughing  Wink  ).

So week #1 has officially come to a close. Bring on week 2!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  birthday june 16 on Wed May 07, 2014 4:40 am

This is awesome! And motivation!!

birthday june 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Melham1 on Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 pm

MagicNumber3 wrote:It's the top of day 7 and I weighed in at 163.6.  cheers I can't believe it's been a week already since I've started!

Day 6 I ate:

5 bites of turkey wrap 2x
Oodles of Diet Sprite and water

I've also been doing HIIT workouts every other day since Saturday. I don't know if exercising is advised on this diet, but I really like exercising and giving it up might affect my mood a little (it's the only emotional release I have since I stopped turning to food for comfort). So I'm keeping my workouts light and/or short. So far working out hasn't made me any hungrier and I hope it stays that way!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

I am definitely going to be keeping up with you!!!!! we have about the same to lose, weigh about the same and I, too, have a curvy body type (chesty and hippy.)

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I will not be offended if you don't answer...

Melham1

Melham1

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Fri May 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Thank you, birthday! And Melham - I'll be 26 in December, not offended at all! Glad to find someone here w/ a similar body type!

Day 8:
5 bites bagel
5 bites chicken wrap
5 bites chicken wrap

Day 9:
5 bites corn dog
5 bites corn dog
5 bites corn dog (can you guys tell this is one of my favorite foods? lol)

So it's the beginning of day 10! I'm still on plan and haven't waivered yet, although the scale has been tempting me to have a depressive binge (but I won't!). The scale hasn't moved much since Tuesday. Stayed at 162.6/.8 until this morning, and now I'm 163.2. I'm happy to see a drop, any drop, but admittedly tired of seeing 163! So I'm putting the scale away until my official weigh in day, which is next Weds. This'll be a challenge because I'm such a scale addict! But I know I need to do this for my sanity, and to help me stay focused mentally.

Hope everyone's having a great Friday! TGIF!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Been away for a few days! I'm down to 160 now.  cheers  I cracked and weighed myself this morning instead of tomorrow morning. But seeing the loss has lifted my spirits, so I'm glad I did! The 150's are so close I can taste them.

Day 10:
5 bites chicken wrap 3x

Day 11:
5 bites corn dog
5 bites chicken tender 2x

Day 12 (Mother's Day):
5 bites egg scramble
10 bites corn fritters at Cheesecake Factory

Day 13:
5 bites chicken wrap 3x
Few forkfuls of grapefruit (<20 cals)

It's been 2 weeks - incredible! My appetite is next to nothing, these days. The first few days I'd be anticipating the next meal, it was all I could think about. But now as long as I stay busy, I don't even realize it's meal time until my alarm goes off (I have an alarm set on my phone to eat my bites at 12, 3 and 6). I think me having a set schedule with my food has helped me a lot.

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  birthday june 16 on Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Congrats!

birthday june 16

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Thu May 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Thanks, birthday! Smile

Day 14:
5 bites Spicy McChicken w/ no mayo 2x
5 bites chocolate bar (wasn't very hungry last night but I craaaaved chocolate, so chocolate was my dinner)

I weighed in at 159.2 yesterday morning! Officially in the 150's! I can't tell you when the last time was that I saw 150-something as my weight. I couldn't tell you (before very recently) when the last time was that I saw anything under 189, so every time I hit a new decade in weight, it's extremely exciting and so new. I'm up a few ounces today, probably because "Aunt Flo" came to visit yesterday afternoon, and I'm terribly bloated and icky and crampy today.  Crying or Very sad Hopefully when she leaves, she'll take those ounces and a couple more pounds with her, lol.

Hope everyone is having a happy Thursday!  alien 

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top