View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond

Post  sexyarmywife on Sat May 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Ur doing awesome girl!!

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 am

Great job! You guys are inspiring me, I'm so excited for all of us reaching our goals!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 am

OMG! So after my spontaneous dance my dh asked if we wanted to go for a drive. I had a successful 5 bite lunch of chicken wrap and snickers. So I boiled some green tea and placed it in a water bottle full of ice so that I would not be tempted with sweet syrupy high calorie drinks or even worse ce cream.

But guess where we ended up?????? The Zoo! Can you believe it? I was so not prepared mentally or physically. It was so late in the day that we only had 2.5 hrs to "enjoy" it but it was so h-o-t!!!! I don't think I have ever been to the zoo on a diet. But I kept thinking I can do this. I just wished it was a planned trip so that I could have planned a few extra bites for much needed energy. I kept taking breaks and sitting in the shade here and there, it was hard but I survived!!!  cheers cheers cheers  3 cheers for me. I am so proud of myself.

I ended up having a new meal. It was almost 7:30 and I was drained and starving. I ordered a jr bacon cheeseburger from Wendys. I threw away the bread, rolled the meat, tomato and bacon in the lettuce and it was much smaller than I thought. But I was glad because without the bread I was able to indulge in a bite of snickers and stay Perfectly On Plan with my 5 bites for dinner. cheers cheers cheers  3 more cheers for me.

I have been reading through some older post and journals and my guess is that a lot of people fall off plan because they work out too much. If you run 3 miles of course you are going to be hungrier and 10 bites a day is most likely not going to satisfy you. I read one post where the author said she ran 5 miles and was starving so she cheated. She broke plan back and forth all of the time and could never figure out why she would always be so hungry. I am assuming the workouts really have to planned carefully around meal times in order to optimize the fuel burn and usage. But it seems to me that one can over do the exercises and thus self- sabotage the plan. just my opinion. Because after walking 2.5 hrs in the HOT sun I felt like I had just worked out and ravishing a full meal of anything was much desired.

Life will always throw us curve balls, but it is how we adapt to them that determines whether we miss or hit a home run. Day 6 was definitely a learning day. I learned that the summer will be HOT and I need to have a back up to the back up to the back up plan. I don't want a slushie or an ice cream cone to throw me off plan. I want to be armed with tools mentally and physically to think and respond to situations like a thin person. I think I can. I know I can. I will!!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sun May 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Yes you can Sexy! And congrats for dealing with a most difficult challenge! It has been super hot here too- i live in southern California- just down the steeet from Disneyland- we are finally getting a break in the weather the next few days- but MAN- the heat really can zap you! I felt so light headed a few times in the last couple days- im sure that doesn't help! So good for you for staying POP - every day you do- its that much better for your psyche and your bod! You go girl! We will prevail!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  cin123 on Sun May 04, 2014 4:14 pm

congratulations Sexy123 on your inch loss! I know its a few days late on offering congrats but that is great!
Its inspiring to hear success!

I can totally relate to you on the impact dieting has on relationship since eating is part of spending time together. I am trying to think of ways around this. Maybe order an appetizer as meal (sliders or ???), order a la carte, order sides as meal. It works okay if you can take leftovers home but sometimes when me and my hubby go out, we don't go home right afterwards so I can get a doggy bag because it would go bad.

BrieBunny, thanks for the info on the app. that sounds helpful!
cin123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Sun May 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks ladies!! I feel so strong, encouraged and optimistic.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

I think an appetizer is the way to go if you can't take home leftovers. Food is so social! But make SURE you order what you REALLY WANT to eat. I feel that is a very important part of this plan. It helps that we can truly eat whatever we want. If you get something just because it's small- but not REALLY what you want- you won't be satisfied and that will not help you mentally. So I say - get a whole meal if you have to-leaving whatever's on your plate - is better than leaving it on your butt! Haha

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  cin123 on Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm

thanks tammyjm10 - that is a great piece of advice! I will stick with appetizers as long as it is what I want to eat! That is what is great about this - no eliminating things I enjoy or food groups or anything!

cin123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:16 am

Day 7 and I am still here POPing!

B- coffee and vitamin
L- fish and snickers
D-fish and snickers

I feel good. No headaches and no runs. I did some exercise around the house but nothing big.

I think I may cut my snickers for the week in order to look good in goal #1 dress. I think if I make a few tweaks I will hit my first goal 2 weeks early. I look forward to stepping on the scale for those little rewards and to have a better idea of what works best for my body and how. But I don't want to step on the scale before then and ruin my stride until I have reached a bit of success that will keep me motivated even if I fall short or hit a wall.

Day 8 here I come!!!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 am

Woohoo, you go girl! Good job on staying POP - with that kinda discipline, you're gonna be in dress #1 in no time!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:38 am

Thanks Magic! I appreciate it.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:41 am

I'm gonna weigh tomorrow- hope for a loss! Good for you for staying POP ! I love the combo - fish and snickers!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 am

I can't wait Tammy. I am sure it will be a pleasant surprise.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Ani33 on Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 am

I've just read your diary - very inspirational! You are doing so great, I'm inspired to really go for this 100%
Best of luck on the scales x x

Ani33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Tue May 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Day 8

B- coffee and vitamin 
L- fish (5bites)
D- tuna fish on crackers and snickers (5bites)

A successful POP day, however, I was starving by bedtime.  Therefore, I need a couple of bites of solid meat or fish for my meals.  I would have done better eating a few bite culls of straight tuna as opposed to the good stuff "watered" down in the midst of non -essentials.  It was tasty but tasty will not sustain me.  So it was a learning day indeed.

Morning 9 and I look forward to getting on the treadmill before dinner this afternoon.  I will see how it goes.

Thanks Ani!  I say shoot for the stars and then modify if you need to.  We are all stronger than we think.  We can do this.  We will do this!!!'mm

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:43 pm

I learned that same lesson, now I know I need meat w/ bread at every mealtime. Together they keep me much fuller for much longer.

Good work on yet another POP day!  cheers  And you are right, we are all so much stronger than we think we are. Hope you have a good Day 9!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Tue May 06, 2014 5:18 pm

I have never heard a truer statement- WE ARE ALL STRONGER THAN WE THINK WE ARE- that is a fact! I have never felt stronger or more in control in my life! And you all really help in that regard! The support and accountability really make a difference- we are all doing so well. Stay strong everyone- and know we are here for each other! Keep posting- and most importantly- KEEP 5-BITING!! Happy Tuesday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Tue May 06, 2014 10:01 pm

My strength is being TESTED!!!!!

My mil was just rushed to the hospital with what the nurse thinks is a heart attack.  My niece died less than 30 days ago, my cousin had a heart attack Sunday night and my brother is in the hospital now with pulmonary embolism issues...so you can imagine the height of my desire to emotionally eat.

But I am here now trying to be strong.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 pm

OH. MY. GOD. That is awful! I am so sorry to hear that! My goodness- how are you even standing upright?? That is an amazing test if your strength - but wow- if you can deal with this- you can deal with anything! Keep strong! And you can probably only handle 5 bites if hospital food anyway- (sorry for the humor!) we are here for you!!!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  cin123 on Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 pm

I am sooooo sorry you are experiencing such stress and grief! I cant even imagine what things are like for you today!

Sure is a test of strength - I too would be tempted to emotionally eat.

Do you have ways of coping that you find helpful? Journaling, prayer, meditation, walk, talk to friends, etc.

Wishing you and your family well & better health.
cin123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Wed May 07, 2014 1:12 am

Thanks Cin and Tammy!  Prayer helps a lot.  But it just feels like a lot is going on and I want to grab that other bite.  I even missed the time I alloted to go to the gym.   I know if I went now I would be starving afterwards and more likely to cheat.  So I am just trying to stay focused.  I think I will call it a night early.

My mil is doing much better.  If delayed it may have been a different outcome.  She had 100% blockage so they took her straight into surgery and placed a stint.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbee on Wed May 07, 2014 1:13 am

Hi there! Just wanted to say that you are doing a great job!! Im so sorry you are going through this hard time...hugs to you!

Kim

kimbee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Wed May 07, 2014 1:39 am

Thanks for the hug Kim!  I needed that.  I am so glad you are here.  The more the merrier.  We are shedding the pounds and inches 5 bites at a time. 

This forum has been so priceless to me.  There is such support and it cures the isolation that comes with dieting...esp with a program that sounds so weird to outsiders. I just can't wait to see the faces of the naysayers once our new bodies are revealed.   Very Happy 

This diet is not only stress free (or low stress) and inexpensive, but it is also time saving for me.

I was thinking today that the forum to me is like what I think the AA sponsorship is.

"With it we can help one another to succeed and arrest the disease called Obesity** one day at a time regardless of the nature."

**addiction

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna on Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 am

you are so strong! I'm sorry you are going through so much stress, but you are doing great!! we are all here for you!! you can do this, and are doing this. you are right when you say this is less stressful diet, in a strange way it helps that when life gets n the way and brings on it's own stresses, this is now one less thing to add to that. we have each other to turn to.
Like you said, you are doing this to break the cycle of illness in your family and be healthy. You are well on your way. be nice to yourself, we are all proud of you!!  I love you 

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Wed May 07, 2014 4:05 am

Omg, you are in my thoughts, I'm sending positive vibes your way. I'm so proud of you for keeping strong and staying focused - I know it's not easy.

Many, many hugs and well wishes. You know if you need us, we'll be here.

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top