tammyjm10 's journey to sucess !

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: tammyjm10 's journey to sucess !

Post  dotygal on Thu May 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm a carb-o-holic...so between the Monti Cristo, fries, pasta and garlic bread I seriously am in awe!

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Thu May 22, 2014 7:31 pm

You are doing so great. I am not sure I would have had the will power. Can I borrow some from you when we go to Europe this summer? Please!!! Very Happy 

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Thanks so much Doly and Daani! It's so funny- I was never the girl with the willpower before- I think honestly the farther you go with this- each and every day that you can put behind you with only doing 10 bites it gets better and better. It makes you WANT to stay on plan. And I feel like because I am journaling and talking to you all- it makes me WANT to stay good and accountable not only for myself but for everyone out there in 5-bite land! I know I would just let myself down if I couldn't follow through on yet ANOTHER DIET- and I just don't feel like going down that road. Yes-they definately notice how little I am eating- and yes I have had to explain it to most of them so far. I am sure they think it is just another crazy "Tammy phase" and I will come back to the dark side- HAHA - but I really want to end this torture in my head of "I hate the way I look" "I'm embarrassed to go out anywhere" I don't look good in anything" blah blah blah. It's an over and over dialog that doesn't shut off. NOW when I get out of bed each day I feel GREAT that I have made it one more day. I don't have that dialog going on in my head anymore because I am DOING something about it. It makes all the difference. And yesterday I officially made the 4 week mark! One whole month of staying on plan. I never ever would have believed it! That feels better to me than stuffing my face with an entire plate of pasta-bread-dessert etc. it's so funny- being with my friends for an entire day- made me remember how bad my eating patterns used to be- for example- on Disney day- they had gone out to breakfast before meeting us there- and they had had pancakes ,sausage,biscuits and toast- then 4 hours later they had full portions of the Monte Cristos and fries PLUS my other 3 portions that I didn't eat- PLUS A FULL dinner of gobs of pasta ,meatballs, garlic bread and salad! I swear it must have been 4-5 thousand calories for each of them!!! In contrast I probably had 800. I watched them eat it all- and It just confirmed everything. No wonder I got to 260 pounds! It really shows you some perspective. Yes- it was hard- yes it's also difficult to make your five bites last through the dinner- you have a lot of sitting around watching everyone eat time- but it's ok- because I felt great leaving the restaurant after our day- and they all had stomach aches! So honestly-this won't be forever - we will be able to eat more bites once all the extra weight comes off- and I DO believe in having some off times on vacation. I have a couple trips coming up this summer- and I want to relax a bit- but not TOO much. I may have some extra bites - but I'm still gonna watch it. And too- I don't think we would be able to eat a whole restaurant portion of ANYTHING now because we simply don't put that much food in out stomachs anymore. Which I love. Bring it on! We can do this guys! we are here for each other. We just have to take it one day at a time! It's all mental. Keep your chin up and know there IS a finish line. Let's help each other reach it! Have a great Friday everyone!

Yesterday's lunch- 5 bites peach yogurt with granola and fresh peaches on top

Yesterday's dinner - 5 bites chicken thighs with vegetable gratin

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sat May 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Morning everyone ! Well- my vow to stay off the scale lasted for under 24 hours. Haha. Golly- can't I last longer than THAT!? ok- so I will do better tomorrow. Anyway- successful day yesterday. Feeling good and hopeful. Feeling in control. So happy for the first time in a long time- we have NO PLANS for the weekend! Yay! I feel much happier and more in control when I am home and can do my own thing. Not that I have no control when I'm out- I'm just happier when I am home under control and don't have to explain!
Of course tomorrow is like a national holiday at my house ( the Indy 500 ) my husband is a super fan- and I must admit over the years I have become one too. We used to have an Indy 500 party every year to watch the race - but he always complained it was too noisy and he couldn't watch the race or hear it! Haha- so we nixed the party this year and he is excited to watch it with just me. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
SW-260
CW-236
Days on plan-29
Pounds lost-24
Yesterday's lunch-5 bites vegetable gratin
Yesterday's dinner- 5 bites pizza

Last edited by tammyjm10 on Sat May 24, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not all message appeared.)

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sun May 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Hey peeps! Well- so yesterday I took two extra bites of bacon and brussel sprouts with syrupy sugar syrup- I absolutely could not help myself! (Ok- I probably could help myself- I just acted WEAK!) this morning- I did NOT stay away from the scale- and ended up a pound heavier ! I know it's not a TRUE pound- but I am still upset with myself! Not again! I will behave. Anyway- still feeling good- I already know I can do this and be successful- so I am gonna keep going! Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Happy Indy 500 day!!
Yesterday's lunch- blueberry biscuit with bacon inside-5 bites
Yesterday's dinner- chicken tenders-3 bites brussel sprouts with bacon-4 bites!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal on Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Wow! Your Bacon/Brussels sound awesome! I make them as well but with goat cheese and no sugar (although the sugary version you have sounds SOO good)! Congrats on a successful weekend and I think 2 bites extra out of an entire month of being so diligent is not going to phase you! Perhaps you can consider it a mini-reward for a month well done! Ha! You even swayed me after reading your posts to go have a Monte Cristo this weekend. I talked the hubby into splitting it with me and I ate my 5 bites and pushed it aside.

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Tue May 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Wow Doty! Good for you- I KNOW it's hard sometimes to put the food down- I had a similar struggle last night eating my trigger food- rice! Haha it's crazy right? I would rather have rice than almost anything else on earth. And no- not good for you rice- but plain white rice with tons of butter and salt! I still haven't lost any more weight the last three days which is kinda bumming me out- so I have VOWED not to get on the scale this whole week. I just need to stop obsessing about it! Anyway- hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't do too much damage! Stay strong! New week- new attitudes!

Yesterday's lunch- 5 bites vegetable gratin
Yesterday's dinner- 5 bites chicken Cassandra with rice and 1 bite cheese bread.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JESSIEGREENE4 on Tue May 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I hate throwing food away (obviously) lol so as soon as im done I dump and inedible amount of salt on it and shove my napkin in the middle, otherwise I would pick the whole time other people are finishing their plates. I dumped half a shaker of salt in my mashed taters and gravy the other day at a restaurant, people were looking at me like I was nuts then I silently dropped the rest of my chicken fried chicken (I only ordered the 4 oz) in it and stuffed the napkin on top....  Question I got two (ya know that much salt is bad for ya) before it became apparent what I was doing and then some ( hey good idea) anyway it worked for me cheers congratulations on the self control it can be uber tough!!!!
JESSIEGREENE4

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Tue May 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks Jessie- it CAN be über - tough! Haha. Good idea about the salt shaker. I just need to keep the same steely attitude I have had this whole time. This week I have felt myself waning a bit. I have no idea why. Almost like I just think a few extra bites won't hurt. I need to remember that it WILL hurt- and I must be strong. I need to get past these feelings and get my mind right. I hate that I even think this way- even if I don't act on it. Crazy right ? Hope everyone has had a great day! Keep five biting !

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Hello Friend!

I missed you.  It's funny.   I have been gone but it seems we are both going through the successful blues. Crying or Very sad 

But we will keep each other motivated and keep POPing along to goal.  We can do this.  We got this!!!!!

We have come this far and we will be a great motivational resource for our families and others who read this blog and are looking for inspiration from someone who is ahead of them on this journey.

So thanks and kudos to you for sharing your journey and for an awesome start. cheers  cheers  cheers

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  FatSick&NearlyDead on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Tammy you really give me hope. I look forward to reading your journal everyday because it makes this 5 bite thing so real for me. To see you drop this much weight in this amount of time is just awesome!!!

FatSick&NearlyDead

Back to top Go down

Post  buffy2327 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

i hope you make it back soon tammy miss your updates!  Very Happy  

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5