Hi- I'm a young one... here's my story:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi- I'm a young one... here's my story:

Post  darkshines on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 am

Hello, my name is Morgan. I will be 19 in a little under two weeks. My story is probably a lot different than yours, but I need support just as much.

Last winter/spring, I had been living with a boyfriend who turned out to be abusive. It started subtly, verbal things, ignoring me, etc.... Then he started monitoring my food intake. Obviously, this was not good. I have always been a skinny person, and since I am so young that is sort of to be expected. I don't exercise a whole lot due to my schedule and my clumsiness, but I have never weighed more than 140. I am 5 ft 9. Anyway, over the three months that he was making sure I stuffed my face with biscuits and gravy to chicken fried steak... I began to binge when I was alone too. This is what has really packed on the pounds. Since I have moved home (about two months ago) the late night bingeing has continued, and while I am not fat, I am certainly not content with my body. I used to feel pretty and confident, now I feel self-conscious and average. I have made a habit of going to the gym every day and doing the elliptical for 30 minutes, but I need more. I am not content- especially since my jeans are still uncomfortably tight and being in college I don't have the money to buy any more of them...and I am kinda pear-shaped so my backside, when I see it, depresses me.

I have recently been "dating" an old friend of mine who is deployed in Iraq. He will be coming in on his r&r leave on June 24th, exactly one week after my 19th birthday. I really would like to be back to the old, "hot" Morgan by then, even if I am the only one that notices, because it would really REALLY help my confidence levels. I want to feel good, not just look good. And to do that I would like to at least get down to 120 pounds- my weight before I moved in with the abusive ex last winter.

I had tried the five bite diet Friday and Saturday (the last two days) and, thanks to following religiously, I dropped from 132 to 129.6 over night. However, when I weighed myself this morning, it was still 129.6. I'm guessing it was because of the diet hot chocolate I drank around 8 pm and the glass of chicken bouillon I had made earlier in the day for my throat (salt makes you retain water weight I hear). Anyway, I was so discouraged by this lack of change that I fell off the wagon and ended up eating about 1700-2000 calories today. Not exactly a binge, but my stomach isn't feeling too hot about it, and I feel disgusted with myself. I wasn't even eating out of hunger. I was eating to fill the disappointment, hating myself the whole way. Plus, it wasn't exactly nutritious food. And time is running out!

So, I decided to find a forum to join to have some support. I have watched the webisode countless times and read the book. I just need to buck up and stick with this. I believe in this diet and that once I get over the hump of day 3, and continue to see weightloss, I will be in control. But I would GREATLY appreciate support of others through this. After all I only have a few more weeks till my birthday (who doesn't want to look good for that?) and then the ultimate test- when my boyfriend sees me when he's back from Iraq.

Please help me!
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi- I'm a young one... here's my story:

Post  Phil on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Morgan

Welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the previous relationship you had... But i'm glad ur out of it now Smile

we are all different ages (i'm 21 for example) and we all have different experinces to share and offer advice/ opinions on different things and hope that you will contribute Smile

hopefully we will see you around the forums more often

Welcome!
Very Happy
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

thanks!

Post  darkshines on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:47 pm

thank you so much! =)

today is my first day back on after my train wreck of yesterday.
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

HUG

its okay, u are in control now and u will make this happen. Im 25 aswell, we are all from different stages of life, some students, some parents... but we all just want to make a change.

you can do this! please read thru the stuff on this forum, its helped a lot of us out just knowing that this struggle is normal, and okay, and that its expected. It helps to know what to expect, and to know that we're all rooting for u
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

aww thank you!

yes, i sincerely hope that no one else has been in an abusive spot. i left the day after he flat out hit me, so it couldve been worse, but i hope im the only one here with that experience.

i love tea too! and thank you so much ive been reading through as much as i can. its very uplifting and comforting and hope i can make some great friends through this process. =)
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Welcome to the group! This is a great group...very supportive. You can definitely get to your desired weight. Good luck!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top