What have I got to lose... Oh yeah!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What have I got to lose... Oh yeah!

Post  Mareh on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:19 am

Hi everyone! I decided I would track here with you all for not only support but also accountability! My family and friends all think I am crazy but I have read to many posts and seen to much in my obsessive research of this diet to know I am not!!! I figure I have tried portion control before with measuring... And it didn't work. I haven't really stuck with most of the diets I have been on ... So I figure ... What have I got to lose by trying this... Umm 126 pounds!!!!  I could list a lot of things that I will use to keep me on track but my two main things are proving that I can do this to myself and everyone else... As well as losing 126 pounds and starting my 30s happy and healthy!!!!  I currently have half of my weight to lose! Looking forwarding to talking with you all and enjoying the support of other "crazies" like me! Haha!!! My goal is to lose all of it by my 30th birthday! I have 468 days!!! I can do this! Smile
Female
CW - 251 lbs
GW - 125 lbs
Height 5' 5"
28 years old

Last edited by Mareh on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Re: What have I got to lose... Oh yeah!

Post  Mareh on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:32 am

Cheated a bit with my coffee today... I can't do black but I slowed the creamer WAY down! Only 3 table spoons instead of pouring until the color was right... And no sugar! It wasn't my norm but It was manageable. I tried black and I just couldn't do it. My coffee only had 105 calories.

Lunch - 5 bites of my daddy's lasagna. Yummy! Crappy day to start a diet with my parents coming to town to visit and bringing his famous lasagna. But with as much meat and cheese in it it was pretty filling and I was proud to not be the only one that was so full I couldn't even breathe! Yay me!

Dinner - 5 more bites of lasagna. Finished my plate.

I have drank so much water today my eyes are floating and some diet Mountain Dew! Love my caffeine! Odd thing is I haven't had any hunger pangs all day and I expected them... Also realized I eat most of the time out of boredom! That has to stop!

SW - 251
CW - 251
GW - 125
Total lost - 0

Last edited by Mareh on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added weight stats)

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  jennyfire79 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Way to go staying on track with family around! That can be difficult since food and family always goes together. Good luck today and look forward to reading your post.

jennyfire79

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello! It's funny how many people give you a whaaaaattttt? face when you tell them you are on the diet. For me those are same people who don't say a thing when they see me overeat. Overeating is socially acceptable but drastic diets aren't.. Hmmm

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 pm

I just wanted to put in a quick note to document how excited I am to have lost and pound and a half on my first day! I will update this post a later on... With my day of food. I am working second shift today so my day is only beginning. I think I am gonna make it a snickers day! Smile

SW - 251
CW - 249.5
GW - 125
Total lost - 1.5 cheers

Update: I did quite well today! My breakfast was a cup of coffee with a bit of creamer in it equaling about 105 calories. Lunch and dinner were a regular size snickers bar each. It actually equaled out to 6 bites for me. I finally started feeling the hunger today. But then work got busy and I forgot about it! I woke up at 1 today which was 12 hours from my last meal and didn't eat a snickers bar until 6! That's amazing! I ate the second bar on my way home a little while ago. So it really worked out well. I just don't know if I am going to do the snickers bars again because anything sweet on an empty stomach always gives me heart burn... And I can feel it starting. The lasagna that I ate yesterday just seemed to be a much better option! So I think I will stick to food and not candy bars... Simply because of the heart burn. I was thinking a hotdog or maybe some hot pockets for tomorrow's meals !! Smile FYI I am in Florida so I am 3 hours ahead of the posting times here on the site.

Last edited by Mareh on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with my meals)

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sassycasswl on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:18 pm

travelbug, I couldn't agree more! People have no problem watching you put on weight FAST, but if you lose fast they become all concerned and have so many defeating comments to share. I hate that. I don't care any more because they don't have to live in my body. Hahaha

P.S. I've lost 7 pounds in three days already! Yay! I couldn't be more happy! Wink
Sassycasswl

http://thesmarterdiet.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BrieBunny on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 am

Mareh, you sound just like me when it comes to creamer! Pouring until the color is right. Lol. I can't do black either. Yuck!
I was going to try and give up my coffee, but I think just one cup in the morning won't hurt.
Good job keeping up with the diet. I can't wait to see your progress. Congrats Sassy on the 7 pounds! Wow!

BrieBunny

Back to top Go down

Day 3

Post  Mareh on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:56 am

Today went sooo much better! I stuck to protein today and I really didn't have much of the hunger pangs! I didn't drink as much water today but that was mainly due to being incredibly busy at work tonight! Smile my day started at 1 pm. I am not really happy that my weightloss is less than the first day with only eating the snickers yesterday! But at least it was a loss and not a gain so I will accept it! That time of the month should be here tomorrow so that's probably why!

Breakfast - my version of coffee! Lol! It had creamer in it of course.

Lunch - 4 chicken nuggets and honey mustard sauce (because I was eating slow I took little tiny bites and made it to 8-10 bites instead of 5 normal bites)

Dinner - 2 cheese Krystal's - 6 bites. And I was so full after eating them that I was miserable! Smile

SW-251
CW-248.8
Total lost-2.8 :cheer:

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Congratulations on your good start. It gets even easier after the first few days I heard.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Melham1 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Sassycasswl wrote:travelbug, I couldn't agree more! People have no problem watching you put on weight FAST, but if you lose fast they become all concerned and have so many defeating comments to share. I hate that. I don't care any more because they don't have to live in my body. Hahaha

P.S. I've lost 7 pounds in three days already! Yay! I couldn't be more happy! Wink

RIGHT?! They sure do.

Melham1

Back to top Go down

Day 4

Post  Mareh on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:14 am

I weighed in this morning at 247! YAY!!! That is 4 pounds in 3 days! That is HUGE for me since I have PCOS and I am a binge eater... It makes it almost impossible for me to lose anything at all!!!

Today went just fine. I had my normal coffee for breakfast. One of those small raviolli cup things for lunch and 5 chicken nuggets for dinner. My day started at 1 pm (I work second and third shifts) so I wasn't even hungry until about 7 and then again right at midnight. I try to hold off until hunger pangs strike and I can't tame them with a bunch of water. It really seems to be working out quite well. Maybe just maybe this is going to be the diet for me! I know now that even if I slip up and eat more than I should then I know how to get right back to it the very next meal or day. =) I am one happy girl tonight and actually look forward to stepping on the scale tomorrow! =)

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

Very happy for you Very Happy Keep it going Very Happy 

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Thu May 01, 2014 2:51 am

Today didn't go so well. I woke up with a .2 gain! I don't really under stand it aside from it being that time of the month... But I did sorta stay on the diet! Lol! I had my coffee this morning and then for lunch I had a biscuit with sausage gravy! Yummy!! Except it was more like 10 bites. I made my bowl to big... But I stopped when I was full and I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat dinner. So I sorta waviered and sorta not. I am still happy with it and will keep up with the diet! I am not going to let a bad day take me down!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Thu May 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Great attitude Mareh! Stay focused on the positives and what works for your body and the weight will continue to come off.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Thu May 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Woke up this morning to a 1.8 loss! Much better than yesterday! Total lost is 5.8 pounds over 5 days! I'm one happy camper! I also have a couple of events that are coming soon that I am setting goals towards! My husbands family has a reunion coming up on Memorial Day weekend. So I want to be down 30 lbs by then and then June 21st we are doing a huge Cook out at my place. I want to be down 40-50 by then! I can do this!!!!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Great job- and great attitude! Yes- we CAN do this. And not only CAN we do this - WE NEED to do this! We are all over the torture and constant yo yo dieting. I want this to be the last diet we ever do! Great going ! Keep up the good work!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Thu May 01, 2014 11:46 pm

I might as well go ahead an fill in my meals for the day. Lol! I had some left over sausage gravy for lunch. It has so much sausage in it that I just are it by itself. I am skipping dinner because I am gonna have a few drinks tonight! Smile in total I have lost 5.8 lbs and I am completely happy with it!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Fri May 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Yes you can! Those goals don't sound unreasonable at all! This is a one day at a time situation- every day that you stay on plan is such a great day! You feel better- you look better- and it just makes me feel so happy- i know it shows! We can do this together- its so great to have a place where we call all share our stories. Makes such a difference! Happy Friday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Fri May 02, 2014 2:31 pm

That sounds like a very reasonable goal! Everyday we stay on this is one step closer to awsomeness! So glad we have this forum to help us along. Great to have support and being able to vent when we need to.! Keep up the great work- you are doing great! Happy friday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Even though I had several drinks last night still woke up weighing one pound less! Smile 244.2 today. 6.8 pounds lost!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 on Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Yeah!!!!!  cheers 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm

It's so hard to keep my days from running together but I think when I wake up today it will be the weigh in for day 7! One week! I wasn't sure I would make it that long! I worked over night last night but didn't sway from the diet! Yay! I found mini corn dogs in the freezer section! Perfect single bite things for work. So I ate 5 of those and then for dinner just now I had a banana. I have started getting cramps in my legs and feet at night while sleeping. Oh and I also had coffee as usual for breakfast. I am just now going to bed after working over night. Talk to y'all later!!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 on Sat May 03, 2014 3:12 pm

So weird! I also have been having leg cramps at night! Not sure what causes them. Not enough calcium? Oh well! Small thing for a big payoff! Congrats on a week down! Me too ! I feel really accomplished. Have a great Saturday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh on Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Good evening y'all! I just woke up and it is the day I weigh in for the first week! 243.8! 7.8 lbs down in a week! Yay!!!! I have never lost so fast! I have PCOS... And along with binge eating and boredom eating I have never really lost much of anything over just a week! I feel like I am on top of the world! This is gonna work this time! I know it!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 on Sun May 04, 2014 1:16 am

That's fantastic - what an incredible loss, keep it up!

I'm also a binge/boredom eater and so far this diet has really been keeping my bad habits in check, I'm so excited! Like you, I feel like this is the answer to my problems!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top