Missy's Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missy's Journal

Post  Star on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 am

Ok, I have never done anything like this before in my life. I am not even sure I am doing this "diet" right. I just know that I need to do something and I need some encouragement and accountability.

I had a black coffee this morning for breakfast.

I went to a meeting and there were lots of treats there. I ended up having one very small chocolate truffle.

I came home around 1:00pm and made myself some lunch. I was famished. I made the most delicious pastrami sandwich. I made a half sandwich. I sat down at the table and ate it very slowly. I think it took about 8 bites.

At 4:00pm I was famished again. I had one teaspoon of Peanut Butter.

For dinner I had bites of refried beans, salsa and tortilla chips. I would say 10 bites.

Later, I had two bites of a peach cobbler. I am doing all I can to distract myself because I want to eat more.

Ok now for the nitty gritty. I am 5'4" and this morning I weighed in at 196.6 Ugh!!! That was hard!!!

I hope and pray this is the answer I am looking for to getting my health back. Take care all

Star

Back to top Go down

Re: Missy's Journal

Post  UKCityGent on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:13 am

Missyhope

There are alternatives to the 5 bite - 10/23/34 bites - whatever you feel comfortable with

I think herbylife has some great strategies (i think she started with 80 bites and then reduced regularly) - im sure she will come soon (she also has a great website)

UKCityGent

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Welcome Missyhope! The 1st day is always hard but it'll get easier, you'll see...bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Missyhope- Welcome!

As, UKcitygent said, I did start out with a lot more bites (around 80) and worked my way down to an average of 23 per day. It would have been much much harder, I don't know if I could have started out with 23 bites per day, but by gradually working my way down each week, I have gotten used to small portions. Some people I think have more self discipline than me and are able to jump right into 10 bites a day!!Very Happy 

If you didn't already see it, my blog here has more info http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2013_12_01_archive.html
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Star on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Thank you Herbsgirl. I will take a look. Today is shaping up nicely. I am going to take it one day at a time. I just made the yummiest oatmeal. I mean fully loaded. Seeds, Coconut, almond butter. It was delicious. I ate a few bites and gave the rest to my husband. I can't believe how satisfied I can be with a couple of bites. Its like a miracle. Ha! Ha! Anyway, I have several holiday get togethers this weekend. I get excited about not worrying about if there will be food I can eat etc. I have even not gone to gatherings in the past because I didn't think I could handle not eating anything. To me that is really sad. I don't want to live like that anymore. I am finally realizing it is about the amount not about the content. I get excited about that. The possibilities are endless!!!

Star

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 pm

You are getting it Missyhope!

Its all about how much we eat, not what! When we scale down the amount of bites we eat to a small amount, it makes us want every bite to taste most delicious! I am becoming quite picky at times, I don't want to waste my bites on this or that Laughing !!! I want my bites to be just what I am craving or tastes good to me at the time
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 pm

You are doing so great.. Day 3 coming right up.. you can do it.. When I go out I just take 1 bite per item.. and I have 10 bites and enjoy.. Yum Enjoy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:27 pm

Missy, you are off to a fabulous start!!! I am sooooooooo proud of you!
This diet works! Eat what you really want to eat! It's soooooooo fabulous...totally unlike any other diet you have experienced!
If you stay on plan, you will lose and lose quickly!
Go with a bite plan that is manageable for you and then work on reducing it from there.

Good luck!!! You can do this!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm

How are you doing today? bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce  Weekend days can be challenging .. you can do it!bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:40 am

Missy, you are missed!  Sad  Sad 

How are you doing????  Question  Question  Question  Question  Question 

Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down