Blaqpepa's Journal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blaqpepa's Journal

Post  blaqpepa on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:06 pm

So Friday was my brother's birthday, and well, I king of went overboard, then and yesterday with left over cake, and pretty much not counting supper. And the scale has gone up a bit because of it. Thankfully not too much, but up nonetheless. I tried to get back on track today, but ate a lot more than 10 bites. Even though i did overeat, I'm glad I still counted to get a perspective of how much food gets me full. And surprisingly, it's not really that much when I drink chia water/juice before the meal.
I really want to get to my first goal by my birthday, so I need to really focus, and start apply some willpower, or at least praying that God give me the strength to walk away once I reach 10 bites.

Breakfast: chia water
lunch: 7 bites
Snack: watermelon
Supper: 9 bites beef stew with basmati rice, butternut and zucchini.
Total bites: 16 bites

Day 1 - 1/1 - 68.6kg (151.2lbs)
Day 2 - 2/1 - 68kg (159.9lbs)
Day 3 - 3/1 - 67.7kg (149.2lbs)
Day 4 - 4/1 - 68kg (149.9lbs).......oh dear Sad
Day 5 - 5/1 - 67.8kg (149.4lbs)
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Birthdays are cause for celebration! So don't worry about that. You are doing great!!!

It's strange for me with the chia seeds. A while after I drink them, I get this terrible hunger! I really want to keep drinking them for their health benefits, but I can't handle being so hungry and eating too much! I think my hormones are out of whack in regard to hunger and this may be what is causing the problem with the chia seeds.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 am

It is totally ok that you ate more bites on a special occasion! Take a look at the recent post on my thread. I have lost weight eating 40, 50, 60 bites on special occasions, then going back to my regular eating pattern

Don't give up you are still committed!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:49 am

Thanks to Herbsgirl's great plan, I've decided to redo my goals starting today. This way I can include fruit in my counts, and gradually move down without setting myself up for failure. And I don't have to stuff enormous bites into my mouth out of desperation....  pig   Embarassed 
I think I'll also officially weigh myself every Monday, even though I know i'll be on the scale every morning. I'll also be decreasing bites every 2 weeks just to give myself enough time to adjust and keep a somewhat steady pace.

wk1- 30 bites per day-- Jan. 6-12
wk2- 30 bites per day-- Jan. 13-19
wk3- 28 bites per day--Jan. 20-26
wk4- 28 bites per day--Jan. 27-Feb 2
wk5-  26 bites per day--Feb. 3-9
wk6- 26 bites per day--Feb. 10-16
wk7- 24 bites per day--Feb. 17-23
wk8- 24 bites per day--Feb. 24-Mar.2
wk9- 22 bites per day--Mar. 3-9
wk10- 22 bites per day--Mar. 10-16
wk11- 18 bites per day-- Mar. 17-23
wk12 - 18 bites per day--Mar. 24-30

Goal: 30 bites
Breakfast: chia juice
Lunch: 7 bites salami sandwich, 5 bites nectarine
Supper: 14 bites of Puthu and Inkomazi
Dessert: 4 bites of Milo chocolate
Total: 30 Bites  Smile 

Exercise: 1 round of Tabata Kettlebell Swings & 15 lady pushups

Week 1 - 67.5kg / 148.8lbs

Last edited by blaqpepa on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding food & Exercise)
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 am

That sounds like a great plan!
 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 am

Yay for all you being on plan.. Yay
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Good plan Blaqpepa!!!!! Keep on going!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce 
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Today was a good day bite wise, i'm just really hoping that by the end of week 1 I've lost some, cause going from struggling with 10 bites, to eating 30 feels like I should be gaining some weight. Let's hope that's not the case!!
I also feel like i'm wasting my bites on unhealthy food, as yummy as it is. I've run out of bites and i'm craving a mixed green salad with lots of rocket and watermelon for dessert Sad

Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: 5 bites nectarine, 10 bites mcdonalds spicy cajun chicken burger
Supper: 15 bites mcflurry
Total: 30 Bites  Smile 
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Some days you just have to eat what you want! You can have a salad tomorrow. There's always tomorrow.

I was worried about gaining, too. There is no harm in taking a peek at the scale just to check in.
With your 30 bites, do you feel satisfied? Do you feel that 30 bites is less than you used to eat before you tried to lose weight?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:42 pm

I wish you well on the 30 bites.. You are going to so great love..xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks so much ladies.
SnowWhite, these past couple of days 30 bites has actually felt like quite a lot because I've been eating really dense, rich foods. I'm sure if I ate salad i'd be feeling a lot different.
I checked the scale today, and I was up 200g, but i'm not going to worry about it until the first week is over, so i know whether or not to go down next week.
The one thing I am happy about is that I've managed to stick to the 30 bites and have not gone over.

Lunch: 6 bites steak with carrot salad, 7 bites yoohoo waffle
Supper: 15 bites vetkoek and atchar (south african dish of savoury fried dough with pickled mango)
Total: 28 Bites   Very Happy   bounce bounce  Very Happy
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 am

I think the weight will probably fluctuate a little within the week...you should be fine.
Your South African cuisine sounds yummy!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Today was a very productive one for me. I even baked sesame buns for homemade burgers to my hubby's delight Smile Not so much to mine, went a little over on my bites.
The scale went up another 100g this morning, which I'm really trying not to freak out about. But I'm forcing myself to wait until Monday morning to make a verdict about having another week of 30 bites, or going down a couple.

Lunch: 7 bites muesli with yogurt
Snack: 7 bites watermelon, 4 bites nectarine
Supper: 16 bites homemade burgers
Total: 34 bites  Mad  No  confused  silent 
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:07 pm

I have done it both ways, I have weighed everyday and I have weighed weekly. FOr myself, I like to weigh daily, then I can make changes to my bites ect so I can meet my goals.

But everyone is different!

Keep on going!!!!!! bounce bounce 
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 pm

Your weight will probably be down tomorrow b/c of the watermelon & nectarine. I think it will be fine.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:58 am

So last week was 30 bites, and my weight seemed to go up everyday by 100g/200g. And then on Thursday night I started a new workout program called Les Mills Combat, and the weight I gained during the week started to come down slowly again. So today I weigh the same as I did last week when I started the 30 bites.
I also think the gain came from coming from between 10-16bites and then all of a sudden upping to 30. I also found myself eating more bites on days when I ate before 12pm. But the days that I held off until midday, I managed to stick to 30 bites.

So I'm thinking I'm going to go down to 28 bites this week, a week ahead of schedule, and see how things go. It's my birthday this coming Saturday, and I'm still so far away from my intended goal for my birthday, but I'm not going to let that discourage me. Anything can happen between now and Saturday.

Goal: 28 bites
Breakfast: grapefruit chia fresca
Lunch:
Snack:
Supper:
Total:

Week 1 - 67.5kg / 148.8lbs
Week 2 - 67.5kg / 148.8lbs

blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I got to thinking, when I started with the 80 bites, I was very heavy like over 200 lbs. Its no wonder that it takes a lot less for you to lose! You are 148 something, so that explains why so much less! The heavier we are the more we can eat and still lose and the less we are the less we eat and still lose!

How is it going for you? This board seems really quiet!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:36 am

Wow!! There are so many new people since the last time I was on here. Welcome to all of you! And all the best on your 5 bite journeys!

The last time I was here I was trying to work my way down to 5 bites, unsuccessfully at that! And fell off the wagon big time!!! So I've decided to not wait till Monday, as I seem to always tell myself and never do it, and restart my journey a fresh, yet again!!!

I'm not a coffee drinker, so I start my mornings off with Nomu Skinny hot chocolate with a little milk, and then will wait till lunch and supper for my 5 bites.

Day 1 - 12 June: 63,9kg

I'll update tonight after I've had all my bites.

Last edited by blaqpepa on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi girl,

Nice to see you here. Let's do it right this time without any excuses and even if we ever cheat, let's keep on going untill we get where we want. bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:04 pm

I think the biggest lesson I'm learning is that even if i cheat, to just carry on when my next meal comes, and not throw in the towel completely.
I had too many bites at dinner, but i'm not going to cancel today, and call tomorrow day1. Tomorrow will be day2 and I'll do better. I'm learning to be kinder to myself, and not having so much negative self-talk.
Today is my first day, and I'm struggling, but i need this, and cant keep letting myself down! 63,9kg is a lot on my little 4'11 frame.

Day 1 - 12 June: 63,9kg  

Breakfast: Nomu skinny hot chocolate
Lunch: 5 bites omelette with cherry tomatoes  
Dinner: 10 bites of gluten free hotdog

Last edited by blaqpepa on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:01 am

I just want to give you a big hug and tell you that I'm proud of you. No more day1!!! Yay!!!! sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny flower flower flower flower flower flower 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 pm

AAAhhhh thanks Claire, I'm glad I didn't just give up.

Today was a good day, stayed on track, and didn't over "bite" Smile But my weight didn't go down from yesterday. I need to tone down my supersize bites. I seem to be overcompensating on the lack of bites by taking really really REALLY large ones. I'm hoping they'll become normal in due time.

Day 1: 63,9kg (15 bites)
Day 2: 63,9kg

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: 5 bites gluten free hotdog
Dinner: 5 bites bean soup

blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:38 am

So I woke up this morning starrrrrrvvviiinggggggg!! I really hope today goes well. Drinking my skinny hot chocolate, praying the hunger goes away. Oh dear.
On the up side, the scale's started moving down. I'm going to start writing my weight in lbs as well, cause it looks like more weight lost that way 0.6kg vs 1.3lbs, hahahaha.

Day 1: 63,9kg/140,9lbs (15 bites)
Day 2: 63,9kg/140,9lbs
Day 3: 63,3kg/139,6lbs  

Will update food later once I've eaten. Just needed to express just how awfully hungry I am, lol Laughing Neutral No Crying or Very sad

Breakfast: Nomu Skinny Hot chocolate
Lunch: Snickers (yummmm)
Dinner: 5 bites bean soup & gluten free bread

I had a Resveratrol after every meal, which made my stomach feel as though I had eaten a feast each time, and took all hunger away for hours. I literally only ate dinner because I told myself I had to eat, not so much cause I was hungry! Talk about saving grace after this mornings extreme hunger. Definitely going to have one after every meal from now on. I finally feel like I can do this.
Taking my husband to his favourite theme park tomorrow for Father's Day, rollercoasters galore all day. Praying in advance to stick to 5 bites of lunch and dinner. I don't want to get into the habit of adding extra bites for special occasions. Especially not this early in the game!

Last edited by blaqpepa on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating food entry)
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:05 pm

So Father's Day turned into a complete FAIL!! I not only abandoned 5 bites, but didn't count at all, and went to town on the popcorn at the theme park, and buffet dinner later that evening. And this morning of course the scale showed just how bad I had been. But today I went back on track, and being bloated from all the food yesterday, managed to wait until dinner to have all 10 of my bites. I'm truly understand why people plan more bites for special occasions, it's so important to help with control. Oh well, lesson learned for next time. No self-bullying or negative talk, just keeping calm and keep 5 biting Smile

Lunch: Nomu skinny hot chocolate
Dinner: 10 bites chicken salad and chips

Day 1: 63,9kg/140,9lbs (15 bites)
Day 2: 63,9kg/140,9lbs
Day 3: 63,3kg/139,6lbs
Day 4: 62,8kg/138,5lbs (didn't count, next days weight shows)
Day 5: 63,7kg/140,4lbs affraid 

Praying it's just water weight and will be gone again in less than a few days  Neutral Crying or Very sad 
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  FatSick&NearlyDead on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Even with the little hiccup, you didn't gain much weight. That means your body is still responding well to 5 biting. Like you said, the most important thing is that you pick yourself up and keep on chugging.

You got this!!!

FatSick&NearlyDead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top