Snow White's Journal Part 2

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Snow White's Journal Part 2

Post  blaqpepa on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Snow White wrote:Not back yet...but when I am, fasten your seat belts!

I saw this saying on pinterest about not overeating because of your feelings and not eating less and exercising more because of your feelings...just "feel your feelings."

Okay, so if I just "feel my feelings" what does this mean? Lay in bed all day crying???
At some point you have to get up and stuff it down. How can you do this without medication, food, alcohol, etc.????
To some extent, I think all people stuff their feelings. If I sat here feeling my feelings, my true feelings, I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.
I would love your thoughts on this, seriously!
v

I know exactly what you mean. I'm in the exact same space emotionally right now. Suppressed memories have been brought back to light, and now I'm pretty much stuck, not knowing what to do. My first instinct being to eat and then eat, and then eat some more. But i know I can't do that. And i don't want to spend hours/days in bed crying and "dealing" with these feelings. So I pretty much do feel stuck. And fighting the feeling to binge seems to be making me feel worse about myself, the whole situation, and not knowing how to deal.
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Oh my ladies.. Hugs hugs and hugs

Hey Darling girl.. Today is a Bright shining day her in Kelowna.. I am still sick but feeling great. Will take my kids our for some fresh air later  Very Happy 

wishing you a great day love ..xoxoxox
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Herb'sgirl: That sounds a lot like cognitive behavior therapy that they use on people with OCD...I'm sure it could work with this. I will look into the book.

Debbie: I do have the Secret, but somehow felt that it contradicted our faith. Since we have the same faith...you feel comfortable with it, that is does not contradict our faith? I may need to look into that one again.

Blaqpepa: I think the past permanently changes our emotionally DNA and certain situations and times of year can cause memories and feelings to come back up. I don't think we can really deal with a lot of it. We can destroy ourselves trying to deal with it...there is no sense to be made from many things. Moving on is key! That's why that quote confused me so much because at first it makes sense...like you should be able to "feel your feelings" and not eat to stuff them down. But some things are so horrible and senseless that if you linger with feeling those feelings too long you destroy yourself. It's like whatever happened to you, you make it happen over and over again by trying to feel what you feel about it. I don't want to feel some things anymore. I want to move on and rise above it. Let's try to focus on that and really get our minds right for the new year. I don't want to enter 2014 with anything weighing me down anymore. I'm ready for a change.

Much love and hugs to you!!!!
Thank you all for supporting me!!!
 I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:28 am

I think that is ok for our faith as it does bring up that god is the energy in two places.. or more I think .,, hmmm .. I love it for just being forward thinking.. out of the past into the future.. xoxoxoxo love you
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Happy Sunday! flower 
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:06 pm

http://obesitycoverage.com/weight-loss-surgeries/gastric-bypass/5-ways-to-prevent-stretching-your-stomach-after-gastric-bypass

This link contains some interesting info about how to avoid stretching your stomach back out.
Some interesting things to note were to not drink any carbonated beverages and to not drink anything when you eat...interesting.

Since the 5 bite diet is also known as the gastric bypass diet, I thought I would research a little about how the real patients continue to stay successful with it. Another thing I read on the Mayo Clinic site was that they should eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time. That sounds pretty on target with what we are doing. Although 1 cup is a lot. Maybe that could be a goal to never eat more than 1 cup at a time no matter what.

I started taking chia seeds yesterday. I mixed them in a smoothie yesterday...but I'm off plan. This morning I mixed some chia seeds with water and drank it. I immediately felt hungry and I'm never hungry in the morning...not good. Hopefully it's just because I'm off plan right now. I would like to incorporate chia seeds into my diet because they have many benefits like omega oils which are vegan, protein, skin, clearing out your intestinal tract, and I have even read of gray hair turning back to it's natural color! Sold!

Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:26 am

Great info.. Wow drinking chia seeds.. I can not drink them as the texture makes me gag..lol.. but they are super great for you.

I will check out your link.. Hugs lovely lady xoxoxo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:45 am

Yeah! The texture is...ummm interesting...but tolerable. I'm interested to see if it really can turn gray hair back to it's natural color!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

I glanced over that article, keeping our stretch receptors sensitive is important! Ive heard that chia seeds are good!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Ok, I'm back on plan today!!!!
I decided to try to incorporate some of the info in that article I posted the link to...
I am eating 1 cup of food (vegan). I'm not drinking anything with my food and I'm making myself wait 45 minutes after eating to drink anything. I'm going to stop drinking 1 hour before eating.I am also doing the eat slower bite app---1 bite per minute.

I'm hoping this will make the 3 day break-in a little more tolerable. I want to start with 1 cup of food this time. Then lower a little each week until I'm back to 1/2 cup per meal. I'm focusing on healthy vegan food (but food I love and really want to eat).

I have been soooooooooo off plan...bite-wise and even not vegan. I need to eat vegan to keep my blood pressure in check. So I'm back now and my mind is in the game, but I'm easing back into it on my own terms. I think this will work for me.

b- a couple of sips of orange juice
l- 1/2 cup peaches (25 calories)
  1/2 cup brown sugar oatmeal (160 calories)
d- will post

12/30- 194.9
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Good job getting back on plan me to I read that article I'm sticking to my normal 5 and 5 but I'm going to not drink 1hr before and after I eat and I'm going to not drink diet soda anymore
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Well done on getting back on plan. And thanks for a good read, that was a good article.

About the chia seeds, I like to sprinkle them on whatever I'm eating. They add a nice crunch without altering the flavour of my meal, and it definitely eliminates the texture from drinking them with water.
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Dmac: Let's see how the not drinking around the meal goes! It may actually help. But I think it will be a discipline like anything else.

I had really good intentions for today, but I got the shakes really bad at around 3pm...so I had some vegan snacks to try to calm the shakes down. Maybe it's just too much for my body to shift back to vegan & small portions at the same time. Right now I'm committed to eating only vegan and really claiming that back into my life. I will keep trying with the portions, but I may just need to stabilize with the vegan food. I will keep trying, but there is no way I can take the shakes like I had today...I had to eat. I feel bad, but at least I am eating healthier.

Blaqpepa: Have you noticed the chia seeds giving you any benefit???
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Sounds like a great plan love.. 1 cup a food is what ww says also.. oh and its really like the ramekin diet.. lol.. so yes I think you can do this one!! Yay Sorry for your shakes.. eeek

Hugs love ..xoxoxo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:18 am

Thanks, Debbie! I hadn't thought that it was like the ramekin diet but I guess it is. Not to sure what to do about the shakes. I think I'm going to just do the best I can. I'm glad that I have shifted back to full vegan. That's important to me. It's not hard, just a commitment.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:08 am

Hey SnowWhite, I've actually found that when i sprinkle chia dry on food, it helps me up my water intake, and satiates me quite a bit.

This morning I had a glass of grapefruit chia fresca and it's midday now and I'm still so full. I'm thinking about having a glass before every meal, to help me stick to 5 bites. I thought i'd hate the texture in water/juice, but it's pretty much like strawberry seeds (or at least that's what I tell myself while i'm trying to down it, hahahah)

Let's finish 2013 with a bang, sticking to our plans, and opening the way for an awesome 2014!!!
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:01 pm

You are stepping your way right back Snow White! I have found gradually is the way to do almost everything! Have a wonderful on plan day! Very Happy 
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:11 pm

I had shakes on the ramekin diet.. I just measured it into a 1 cup measure and poured in my glass.. was a great serving. Yay for getting back on track love bug.. so love your energy!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Happy New Year Snow White! Heres to a wonderful year and a fresh new start!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14 pm

12/30 194.9
12/31 194.2
1/1 194.2
1/2 195.5

Clearly not counting is not working! If I don't count or measure, I gain. If I do count/measure, I lose. I have gained nearly 30 pounds in nearly 6 weeks. This is unbelievable. It took me 16 weeks to lose this weight.

b- nothing
l- 3 tortilla chips w/vegan rotel, 1/3 cup lentil soup mixed w/ 1/3 cup water
d- planning 3 tortilla chips w/vegan rotel, 5 bites vegan pizza

Drinking the chia seeds with water before a meal sounds great or even after if you're still hungry. I tend to be hungrier at night, so I may try finishing my dinner meal w/ a glass of chia water!

I watched the Secret on Youtube yesterday. i'm going to try to use the power of attraction to lose this weight. I have gratitude in my heart that I will achieve my goal weight of 100 pounds. I am visualizing myself at this weight and I look fabulous! I am grateful for how fabulous I look and feel!

Back to the 200 squat plan & also starting the 200 sit-ups plan...

Today I did 60 squats while fasting.
I did the sit-ups test on the exercise ball...I could only do 20 which is "poor." It will take some work to work up to 200! But I'm in!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you have a great day on plan!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:14 am

Yay for you love.. I am happy you see yourself with your amazing body love.. I am grateful too.. Yay.

I am proud of you for getting back to your plan.. I am still not there .. will be soon though..  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Happy New year Love..xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm

12/30 194.9
12/31 194.2
1/1 194.2
1/2 195.5
1/3 192.0 ...and we're off!!!

b- nothing
l- baked potato in 1/2 cup measure w/vegan rotel & vegan sour cream
d- planning Mexican food out...not sure if I'm going to bite or measure

Quote from http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-eating-slowly-may-help-you-feel-full-faster-20101019605 (from Herb'sgirl's blog)

"Stretch receptors in the stomach are activated as it fills with food or water..."

So...I'm confused a little bit...Dr. Lewis says liquids and even yogurt & soup do not effect the hungerstat. But this article and the other one I posted about how gastric bypass patients keep from stretching out their stomachs states that liquids do stretch the stomach. I'm with Dmac totally on giving up sodas based on what the article I posted said how they emit a gas that stretches your stomach out. However, I am having difficulty not drinking during the meal. It definitely could be that even though I am only eating 1/2 cup of food that I stretch my stomach way out with the water. If so, this could get really complicated like measuring 1/2 cup of water and drinking 1/2 cup every 30 minutes until I have drank my 8 cups for the day. Hey, I'm willing to give it a try to see if it could help. It certainly could help pass the time b/c I'd be more worried about drinking my water than eating my food. That might be a nice change. This may seem like I'm obsessing a bit and I am...I just gained 30 pounds in 6 weeks. I have to figure out how to lose at the same rate I gained.

Here is another site that says you should not drink with the meal. Stop drinking 30 minutes before the meal and don't drink until 45 minutes after the meal.
http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=22419

Have a great day on plan, everyone!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Its going down!!!!

Here are two videos you might like!

These ladies talk about a smaller volume of food and not drinking too much water, they believe too much water will stretch the stomach like you was saying!
 http://vimeo.com/34045178

http://vimeo.com/33985259

Years ago I signed up for the 80 bites system, and I think they said no more than 10 oz of liquid at one time and/or with a meal?
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Great job on getting the ball rolling and the weight going down.

Not drinking liquids with meals is a tough one. I drink a lot of water, and find that it helps me be full after my 5 bites. It also helps with hunger during the day. I don't know. And with this heat here in South Africa, it seems that I'm constantly thirsty. ugggggg
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:30 pm

12/30 194.9
12/31 194.2
1/1 194.2
1/2 195.5
1/3 192.0 ...and we're off!!!
1/4 194.9...ugg!

I fell off the wagon yesterday big time!!! I really think it was eating a baked potato for lunch. It just did a big sugar dump in my system and then around 3:30 I just could take it anymore!!!

I got up really late today...so I had lunch right away and didn't have to worry about stopping drinking 30 minutes before the meal. I did not drink with my lunch and then waited 45 minutes to start drinking water. Then I have been drinking 1/2 cup water about every 30 minutes unless I forget. I'm trying this today to see if it helps at all. I should say I'm attempting this today.

b- nothing
l- 1/4 cup lentil soup, 1/4 cup vegan rotel w/ 3 tortilla chips
d- planning 1 slice of vegan pizza, 1/4 cup vegan rotel w/ 3 tortilla chips

Herb'sgirl, those videos were great! Who knows this water thing could really be something????

Blaqpepa, I agree I drink all the time and really thought I was doing a good thing. But according to those videos that Herb'sgirl posted above, the hormones don't know the difference between food and water they just know that your stomach is full and stretched. There must be something to it if this what they tell gastric bypass patients.

I don't know why Dr. Lewis has such a differing opinion on this water thing.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top