Number of bites?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Number of bites?

Post  R.C.B on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm

I know many people have tweaked the plan- anyone found that you cannot stick to 5 bites twice a day at all but can still control your portions with another number of bites or meals?  So interested in successful tweaking!
ETA: I've found that I can more easily do 5-7 bites 2-3 times a day. (I allow myself the extra bite or 2 if I'm reallyyyyy wanting it; and if we're all eating out for breakfast or I'm just really hungry in the mornings or if, living in FL, we're going fishing bright and early (4-5 AM) and will be on the water all day, I will allow myself breakfast to keep the energy flowing because extra coffee isn't so friendly on a boat full of boys hehe) I've found that since I WANT to lose weight I really only take advantage of these "extras," as needed or on special occasions, (2 bites of birthday cake? yes please!), and that the tiny bit of leniency has really prevented binging episodes all together this time! cheers sunny 
R.C.B

Back to top Go down

Re: Number of bites?

Post  katya on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm

I just started and am tweaking it a bit. I have a hot chocolate for breakfast (my form of coffee). 5 bites for lunch. 1 cup of green smoothie when I get home from work (water, spinach, banana, blueberries), and then 5 bites for dinner. I find that the hot chocolate and smoothie take the edge off so that I am satisfied by the 5 bites at my two meal times. If I get good results, I will keep it up; if not, I will have to get more basic with the 5 bites. This is only day 2, so we shall see!
katya

Back to top Go down

Hi RCB

Post  ControlIt on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I just started 5BD yesterday. I allow myself breakfast. 1peice of light bread whole grain and an egg. 7 bites is good if I am eating out..sometimes 10 then I do less bites for dinner in the evening. I also ride a bike so I allow a few extra bites for that day. It's working so far. I think you are terrific for trying the plan.  Very Happy 

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Number of bites?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top