Smhsince91's Slim Down!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Smhsince91's Slim Down!

Post  smhsince91 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

Been doing good today. And I'm not starving myself which is great. I really like the 5 bite diet but I can't really follow it right now. I think the diet is really good for people who are trying to lose 10-20 pounds. I will get there eventually! I've had about 155 calories so far. I plan on eating dinner tonight which should be around 300 calories and then if I get hungry and can't handle it, I have apples for snacks. The only thing I'm having problems with boredom and emotional eating. I guess I never realized how much I snacked. Anyways, I will be back on later to update Smile

Update: Still doing good. Haven't ate anything since lunch. But I haven't been hungry either which is great. Not being hungry really helps me make better food choices. They say never go into a store hungry but I think it's also true when you are at home. If you're hungry at home and you break down, you are going to eat everything in the house! Since I've been doing good today I think I am going to weigh myself in a week. I will probably update again later tonight. I've noticed the more I post on here, the better I do.
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:57 am

You keep eating like this and you will lose weight very fast. Great job on finding your hunger. Cheers!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks! I think I might have found something I can follow long-term. I'm done eating for the day so I'm going to calculate my total calories for today.

B-Nothing-0 cal
L-Grapes, Apples, and Cheese-155 cal
D-2 White Castle Cheeseburgers-310 cal
S-Few bites of Steak and Cheese Buritto-150

Total Cals:615

Ain't to bad for my first day at counting calories. Best part is I didn't get really hungry. Today was very easy....I just hope tomorrow is a good day.
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:07 pm

As the 5 bite diet is around 600 calories, you are right on target.. great job!!flower  VLCD (very low calorie diets) are great for those that need to lose a larger amount of weight.. you are right on target for a 3-5lb a week loss.. if you have a day you pop up to 800 calories you are still going to lose 3lbs a week.. I have a whole bunch of paperwork on this as my dr has tried getting me on it. With my stomach issues eating smaller portions is key to keep me out of pain.. Keep it up and you are going to be a skinny mini before long.. Yay
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Having another good day. I feel full and happy right now. I'm hoping to have another low calorie day! I am aiming to lose about 10 pounds a month. Of course I would love to lose more than that but realistically I think 10 pounds is a great goal. So far today I've had about 260 calories. Dinner will be about 300 calories. So, hoping to have about 560 for the day. For lunch, I ate a hot pocket which had 4grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein. I'm hoping I stay full for a few hours longer. I was surprised at how full I stayed yesterday after eating fruit. Well I will be back on later to calculate my calories.

Update: I'm still doing good. I haven't ate anything since lunch which means I'm right on track. I try to wait at least 4-5 hours between meals. I have also been drinking a bunch of flavored water. I'm not going to focus on the scale this time, I'm going to judge how good I'm doing based on how many days I stay on plan. If I stay in my calorie goal then I did good. So right now I've got one day under my belt and working on the second. I've calculated that it will take be about 6 months to reach my goal weight. So 6 months of dieting perfectly! If I do it perfectly, I will reach my goal in time for Christmas! Wouldn't that be the perfect present to myself? Anyways instead of counting down pounds, I will be counting down days until I reach my goal weight. I have 177 days to go!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 am

So it's time once again to calculate my total calories for the day. I had more calories than I wanted but I must say, I still did pretty good and I'm happy with how today turned out. I just listened to my body and when I was hungry, I ate.

B-Nothing-0cal
L-Hot Pocket-260cal
S-Cereal-260cal
D-Steak and Cheese Buritto-300cal
Sweets-Few bites of peanut butter Klondike bar! 260cal

Total: 1080cal

So, I think I did pretty good all in all. I had to guess at some of the calories. I didn't measure the cereal but I just had a couple of handfuls and I only had a few bites of ice cream but the whole bar was 260 calories, so I just added it in there. I'd rather be over than under my cals. My total calorie limit is 1200. So as long as I stay under there than I'm doing pretty good.
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Day 3!

Post  smhsince91 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Okay, so I started counting my days because I have such a weird schdule. I'm a night owl lol I wake up late in the evening and go to bed early in the morning. It makes my posts hard to follow. So from now until I go to bed, is considered day 3 for me. Anyways, doing great so far. I do alot better when I wake up at a normal time for me. Yesterday, I woke up really early and of course, ate more lol. But I feel I've been doing great these past few days. I must say, I love this diet plan that I'm on right now. Hopefully the good streaks continue!

Update: Still doing great. I just ate lunch and feel great. I've had about 420 calories so far. I just have dinner to eat and then I'm done for today. I'm having a corndog for dinner which is about 190 calories. So I should have about 610 calories for the day. This diet is making me nervous though. It's to good to be true, I hope I lose weight! Anyways, sorry for the long posts but I do way better when I post here often.

Another great day Smile I feel very satisfied with my progress so far. Instead of having a corndog, I ate some garlic cheese toast, few bites of spaghetti, and a piece of cheese. I'm very nervous about tomorrow. I have to be up very early in the morning and I eat a lot more! Hoping and praying I don't overdo it tomorrow. But I just bought a fresh bag of apples, so hopefully I don't do to bad!

Total Calories: 940
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 pm

I like that you are feeling good about your plan.. I also eat fruit for snacks as it keeps my energy up and the fiber does fill me and heck its low in calories.. its great you eat as you want as one day you will be at goal and you will need to be able to stay on track to not gain back any weight. I am only eating 600 calories but still eat what I want.

Great Job you!!

Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Day 4

Post  smhsince91 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Sounds like you are doing good, Debbie! I'm trying to cut back on eating though. My appetite has decreased a little. I want to aim for 800 calories or under. I think if I can keep this up, then I might be able to start the 5 bite diet sooner than expected! Anyways, so even though I had to wake up extra early, I'm still doing good! I got hungry when I came home but I was so tired, I decided to take a nap instead of eating. So far I've had about 220 calories. My meal plan is to eat a hot pocket which is 260 calories for dinner tonight and an apple or piece of cheese if I get really hungry. Hoping to get about 600 calories tonight. I really wanted to weigh myself today! Anyways, I'll be back on later as usual.

Update: Almost went into a full night binge! But thank goodness I was strong and talked myself out of it. I'm not hungry but my partner brought home some really yummy desserts and snacking foods! I did enjoy a sweet treat but I started to feel like I was losing control, I wanted to eat everything in the house. I just relaxed and took a deep breath and imgained all the pounds I would lose if I stuck to it! I think I'm fine now. So far today I've had about 770 calories. It's more than what I wanted but isn't to bad for today. I've been drinking more water and less diet pop but I've been very tired and getting a bunch of headaches! It makes me feel lazy! I'm guessing it's the decrease in caffeine. Anyways, so I will probably be back on later. Wish me luck!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Day 5

Post  smhsince91 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Okay so I am trying to add a weight loss ticker to my posts. I hope it works. It would motivate me alot! It didn't work :(I will just have to use one on a different site. But anyways, I'm having a good day today!

Update: Still doing good. I'm trying to eat light today. I need to lose this weight fast! I feel so tired all the time. It feels like it takes all my strength just to get out of bed and clean! But I don't want to drink anymore diet pop. Diet pop makes me hungry! It's good every now and then but I'm trying to drink mostly water.

Update: So I did alright today. Certainly not my best but tomorrow is a new day!

Total Calories:1090
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Day 6

Post  smhsince91 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Okay so having a great day. Last night I did cheat a little bit and ate some sweets! I want to change my goal to about 600-800 calories a day. I think I will get better and faster results if I stay within that range. I'm nervous about weighing myself but I think I'm going to go ahead and weigh myself soon, only because I need to know my  starting weight. I think it will be easier after I weigh myself. Because right now I have no idea what I weigh. And the thought of not knowing is killing me! So the next time I go to the store, I'm going to pick up a pack of batteries.

Update: So, I've already had about 900 calories! Ahhhhh! It added up so quickly! A few bites of this and that and then bam! I was at 900 calories. I am shocked and surprised. I suppose if I get hungry, then I will take 5 bites of something. That way I'm not starving and my calories won't be sky high.

Last edited by smhsince91 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 pm

I weigh every single day and write it down w/the date and the basic diet I followed that day. I have done this for over a year and it helps me to pick up on trends and how I sometimes sabotage myself. I draw a line to segment off the weeks and really look at the last day of the previous week and compare it to the last day in the current week. If between these two I have lost, then I know I'm on track and I don't stress about little fluctuations during the week. It keeps me accountable to myself on a daily basis.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 am

Thanks, Snow! I usually lose about 7 pounds and that's when I tend to sabatoge myself! It's crazy! That's a very good idea about writing it down. I haven't done that. I use to weigh everyday and when I didn't see no pounds lost, I would go crazy! But maybe if I wrote it out and seen the progress, it might help.
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 am

Well, tonight I went out and bought some batteries for my scale lol I couldn't help myself! Anyways, I weighed in at 168!!! OMG! I'm so happy right now! This is the smallest I've been in two years. So I now have a starting weight to go on. So I probably won't weigh in for awhile! Smile Smile Smile I did however, eat more than I wanted to today. I'm going to keep a close eye on my calories tomorrow, that's for sure!

Starting Weight:177
Current Weight:168

Total Calories: About 1520
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Awesome! Congratulations! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Dasher on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Keep it up!

Oddly enough I just threw out the batteries for my scale, to remove the temptation to weigh in. I should have just sent them to you.

Dasher

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks, Dasher! Lol I don't like to weigh myself everyday. If I do, I will get frustrated. So, I'm trying to weigh in like once or twice a month. Just to ensure that my diet plan is working!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 am

You two are cute.. How is you doing love with all?
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Day 7 Disaster!

Post  smhsince91 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:45 am

Hey, Debbie! I am doing really good. I weighed myself and lost about 9 pounds. I am no longer in the 170's! But I must say, today ended up being a horrible day (diet wise) I don't know what happened, it's like I'm self-sabotaging. It's crazy how our bodies work. I've set a new weight goal now. My end of summer goal is 157. But I have a family members birthday in about 2 weeks. So I'm doing a short 2 week goal which is 162. Right now, I weigh 168. So, that's about 6 pounds in two weeks which I think is pretty doable. I just found out that dark chocolate is a great appetite supressant. I'm planning on testing this theroy asap. Anyways, tomorrow my 14 day challenge begins. I want to stay between 400-500 calories. That sounds kind of low but it's just going to be for two weeks. I hope tomorrow is a better day!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Keep on going, you're doing great!!!! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Day 8

Post  smhsince91 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:17 am

Today is day 8 since I began dieting but day 1 of my 14 day challenge! I hope to lose about 6 lbs. Anyways, I've been doing really good today. Hopefully I can keep it up. My next weigh in will be the 19th. 53 pounds to go!

Day 1: Good
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:33 am

You idea is great.. I can give you a great idea for a food that is sooooooooooo low in calories. If you love to cook you can make it your self.. veggies soup clocks in around 50 calories per cup.. you can have to cups for 100 calories and be full for a long time.. anyways.. I love to eat soup as it fills you for a long time.. good luck honey.. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:16 am

Veggie soup would be good for me, too! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:29 am

MMMM! Veggie soup sounds so good. I love soups especially chunky soups with lots of veggies! But I think I'm ready to try the 5 bite diet again. Only this time I'm going to try the snickers bar for a few days. I've noticed that I can refuse and avoid big meals but I just can't say no to sweets lol! I'm just going to try it for a few days to see how it works. Hopefully I will get sick of sweets and not want to eat them anymore! I'm going to get the snickers dark chocolate because it's supposed to surpress the appetite. But now I can't stop thinking about some yummy soup!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:11 pm

LOl.. you are so cute.. the snickers way is great .. fast and filling.. good luck girl!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top