Smhsince91's Slim Down!

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smhsince91's Slim Down!

Post  smhsince91 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 am

Okay so today is actually day 2 of the diet. And let me just say the first day was horrible! I was so hungry that it hurt. Literally, I was really in pain! But I managed and stuck with it as best as I could. Day 2 is going alot better. I'm still hungry but it doesn't hurt like it did yesterday. So far this diet has taught me that hunger is a very important part in the weight loss process. To be honest, when I first read of this diet, I thought it was insane! But after doing some research the idea behind this diet actually makes sense and I agree with it (for the most part). I love that fact that there is no more counting calories or points. I can go to the store and grab whatever I want as long as I only have a few bites. So all in all it's a great diet with simple rules. It's nice to able to stop thinking about foods and what I can't or can have. I'm hoping I can stick with this. So on a different subject, my scale broke Sad But lucky for me I did get a weigh in before it croaked. I guess it's a good thing because now I can't weigh myself everyday. It's a habit that I can't break lol! So I guess that's it for now. I shall return and update on my progress. Bye for now Smile

Tuesday 5/7/2013: CW:177.6lbs GW:110lbs Got a long way to go!!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Re: Smhsince91's Slim Down!

Post  ElleBella on Wed May 08, 2013 3:58 pm

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooo great.. I can not handle the hunger and headaches.. eeek.. you are doing so great... Keep it up and you will be finding all your clothes falling off.. yay cheers

Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Thank You.

Post  smhsince91 on Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

Debbie, Thank you for replying! Just having someone to talk to and relate is great motivation. I know what you mean about the headaches and hunger pains. The first day sucked so bad. My head was throbbing and I was so tired. I'm still very tired and sluggish but I'm learning to accept the hunger pains. I'm actually surprised at myself. I'm a person who lacks will power and is addicted to sweets lol! But I think I'm doing pretty good. I hoping to lose this weight fast! I can't wait to start going down in pant sizes. How long have you been on this diet? And how has it worked for you?
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 pm

great Start I Look forward To Following Your Journey Do You Have A Lot To Loose ?
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Thanks Dmac!

Post  smhsince91 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 am

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it and it's a great motivatior when people ask about your weight loss journey. I feel like I have a lot to lose. Right now I weigh 177.6lbs. I really want to get to about 100-110. I believe that would put me close to 18.5 on the BMI chart. So right now, yea it seems like a lot lol. How long have you been on this diet and does it get easier? Also, do you have any tips or tricks that will help while on this diet??
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

DAY 3!

Post  smhsince91 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:37 am

Can't believe I've made it to day 3 lol! A lot of people have said after day 3 it usually gets easier. I hope this is true. Today was okayish. For lunch I had some fruit and cheese and then dinner I had some spaghetti and two bites of garlic bread. I will admit, I did get a little carried away while eating dinner. I probably had about 15-20 bites!!! I'm just guessing on the number because I didn't really count. I still feel good about today because I still ate less than I normally would. I guess for me, personally, I have to slowly fall into a routine. I intend to eat less and less everyday until I can sucessfully eat 10 bites a day. I am working hard to improve my health and appearance. Little by little I'm better choices that will hopefully help shed these pounds. My first goal is to get in the 160's. I will be getting another scale soon, so I will be able to keep better track of any weight loss. Okay so that's it for now. Day 3 complete Smile
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

You are doing fab.. I have been on and off this diet for I think a year.. I have stomach liver issues so most times I just can not eat.. lol... I know, if you stick to plan you will lose fast.. I have read so many success stories.. you are well on your way.. finding the right rhythm is key for sure.. cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  smhsince91 on Thu May 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks. I did have a weak moment yesterday! But I think that's normal when starting any diet. The first few days or sometimes even weeks are just hard to get used too. But that moment is in the past and I'm looking forward and aiming to make better choices today. Sorry about your liver problems, that must be so hard. I've never had any experience with those health problems but I know it's not good. Do you take any medication for it???
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

DAY 4!

Post  smhsince91 on Fri May 10, 2013 2:13 am

I did great today. I think my appetite is finally changing. I can't wait until day 7, that will be my first offical weigh in. Yesterday I did have a weak moment and ate some ice cream sandwichs! But what is weird is that I felt really bad about doing it and promised that I will try harder. Usually if I cheat on a diet I just give up and start my old eating habits again. It was different this time though. This diet has taught me to have strength and willpower, and that's something I never had before. Can't wait to lose my first 10lbs! I hope that's soon! Losing my first 10lbs will be a huge motivator. I think that's why diets never worked for me, because the weight loss is soooo slow. I tried going on a calorie counting diet and kept my calories at a "healthy" range. But it took a whole month just to lose about 4-5lbs. It was driving me insane. I'm hoping this diet will be a little quicker lol. I want to lose about 75lbs. It just seems so far away sometimes. I will be back tomorrow to update. Smile

smhsince91

Back to top Go down

DAY 5!

Post  smhsince91 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm super worried about tonight and tomorrow. I'm going to a birthday party and spending the night with some family members! I'm going to be surrounded by awesome food temptation and everyone is going to pressure me into eating! I believe they are having a grill out (which happens to be my favorite foods! ahhh!) So I'm kind of freaking out lol. I think I will be able to manage avoiding all the food, but what I'm worried about most is all the people.They are not people who diet or even respect that one is dieting, so they will keep trying to give me food. I won't even be at my own house, which sucks because I will be so bored and if a craving does set in, I don't have any emergancy low calorie food with me! I guess this is a real test of my will power. I hope I do good. I plan on eating just before I leave so I won't be hungry and start shoving stuff down my throat. I am also going to take a few snacks with me. I can do this (I hope)!!! I will be back on tonight or tomorrow to update on how I did at the party. But as of right now, I'm still doing great. I am kind of on a plan now. Like I try to wait until at least 6pm to eat my lunch because we have late dinners. I make dinner around 11pm-1am. I know sounds weird, right? I cook around my boyfriend's work schdule and eating habits. He usually don't get off work until 11pm and he likes to wait a few hours before eating lol. Well, enough of my rambling! Wish me luck!!!! Bye for now!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Luck.. for sure.. have a super time..xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat May 11, 2013 5:33 pm

How did you do.. I hope you just let go and had a great time.. life happens on every diet.. Jump back on your plan the next day and no harm has been done.. You are going to reach your goal.. smaller portions right into the 5 bite when you are ready. it is hard for sure but we can do it!.. yay Have a Super day!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

DAY 6!

Post  smhsince91 on Sat May 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks for checking up on me Smile I did an okay job. I ate a cheeseburger with some bbq chips and one chocolate cupcake! I could have done worse I suppose but I'm actually kind of proud of myself for not overeating (which I tend to do) The weird part of all this was I didn't really want the food. It smelled great but honestly I wasn't hungry and I didn't want it. I think that's why I didn't over eat. I only ate it because everyone was looking at me and saying "aren't you gonna eat anything?" So all in all I think today was a good day considering the circumstances lol. I will probably be back on later to update on how the rest of my day went. Bye for now Smile
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 am

congrats On Doing So Good At The Party
Dmac

Back to top Go down

DAY 6! DISASTER!

Post  smhsince91 on Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks Dmac Smile But today actually turned out to be very bad. One of my worst days yet! So after the party I came back home and tried to relax. But I kept thinking of all those calories in what I ate today. I felt so bad. I thought I would use this as a cheat day, and just starting eating whatever I wanted! Nothing really tasted good, so I just kept finding stuff to eat! I'm embarassed that I ate that much and couldn't control myself. Today just sucked Sad The party threw off my whole routine. I'm no quitter though. Today is in the past and tomorrow will be better. I'm hoping to get my new scale tonight because tomorrow is weigh in day! I'm actually kind of scared of what numbers will be. I know I messed up today but hopefully I lost something! Anything! Guess I will see tomorrow morning!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun May 12, 2013 12:50 am

You Might Want To Wait A Exta Day To Whigh Because Of retaining Water From The Cheat Day
Dmac

Back to top Go down

DAY 7 WEIGH IN!!!

Post  smhsince91 on Sun May 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Well just like to start off saying, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommy's out there Smile You guys are awesome! So I did my weigh in today and I'm actually kind of disappointed. I only lost 3lbs Sad I guess that's pretty good because I'm not doing the 5 bites perfectly. I'm slowly going into it and eating less. I plan on going hard this week though! I'm doing a mini weekly challenge for myself. I'm so close to my first weight loss goal. I want to be anywhere in the 160's!!! I haven't seen the 160's in two years! Alright, time to put my game face on and do this!

Hey, Dmac, I just now seen your comment. I already weighed myself lol! But thanks for the advice. I hoping to never cheat on my diet again but that's probably not realistic. If I do, I will use your advice and try to wait a day or two before weighing.

I forgot to post my weights for today.

SW: 177.6
CW: 174.0
Total Weight Loss:3lbs

smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

I think you did great.. cheat days happen to all of us.. No worries .. head onto your good day and carry on... Great job 3lbs gone you do not have to think about again.. cheers cheers cheers cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 pm

3 pounds is great! You have to do what you can do to sustain this...it is sooooooooooo hard!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

DAY 8!

Post  smhsince91 on Mon May 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey thanks guys for posting a reply. It really helps me to stay motivated when I have people cheering me on. Yeah all in all I'm happy that I'm losing 3bls lol better than gaining weight. I've decided I want to weigh in every 3 days. Seeing any kind of weight loss really keeps me focused and keeps me on track. So I will post my weights Wed. morning. Today was okay. I wouldn't say good but certainly not my best or worst. I went to my daughter's headstart graduation and of course they were serving food. So I ate a hotdog with ketchup, a few chips, and 2 cookies! I didn't want to stop! But I forced myself too. I just kept thinking, how am I supposed to lose weight if my body never gets the chance to burn the stored energy we know has fat! So I plan on eating as little as possible tonight. I know I messed up tonight but I also know that I'm still low on the calories and if I don't splurge anymore, than I might have a chance of still losing some weight this week. Well as always, I will post an update later tonight or tomorrow. Bye for now Smile
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 pm

You are doing great.. do not look back, only forward.. you will find your rythm fast and all will fall into place.. cheers cheers cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

DAY 9!

Post  smhsince91 on Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

For some reason I'm craving sweets today! I've done good and not cheated but the cravings do suck. I feel better writing about it. I just realized that craving is just a feeling and I'm not really hungry. I just want it. It's my body crying for comfort food. Which we all know, comfort food will not help me get to mygoal weight. It will only make me feel better for a moment. But being my goal weight will make me feel better for the rest of my life! I've kind of stressed today, so that is probably contributing to my cravings. I hope the scale is good to me tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for another pound gone!
smhsince91

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Good Job Staying Focused On Your Goal And Not Giving In To The Cravings And Remember They Will Go Away
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed May 15, 2013 4:01 am

What exactly are you craving??? Sweet or savory???

If you're craving sweets, you could try some sugar free lifesavers or jolly ranchers...very low in calories...like 5 calories per candy.
This will sound nasty, but if you are craving savory...salt has zero calories...you can pour a couple of granules of salt into your hand and let it dissolve in your mouth...wash it down with a glass of water after it has dissolved.

Comfort food is a real problem...I love it...but there is a reason why they call it comfort food...it eases the pain of a hurt, sometimes so deep you can't even bring it to words and sometimes we stuff down our feelings with food. I've done it a lot. The thing I don't get is that I was not a fat child, but I feel the bulk of my trauma occurred when I was a child. Not that I dwell in the past because I don't. But, you can't fully escape whatever causes you to overeat. I believe that. At least that has been truth for me. I only transfer it from one thing to another. Compulsive overeating, fasting, restrictive dieting, compulsive eating, etc. When I say restrictive dieting, I don't mean 5 biting, I mean one meal a day. I was skinny until I had my first child...maybe I just had a good metabolism and now my metabolism sucks. But actually, I was down to 130 (not perfect, but better than now) after having my 3rd child, so I can't blame this weight on them...I'm just saying that I never had a weight problem until after giving birth.

Hope you have a super 5 bite day tomorrow! cheers cheers cheers
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed May 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Wow Respect.. You did it.. When I get a salty crunchy craving I reach for a dill pickle.. 5 cals.. and filling .. when I am craving a sweet one I reach for sugar free candy or pop.. most times you can find the candy for under 5 calories.. I found a creamy strawberry yogurt one for 3 cals.. works wonders when sugar craving hits..

So you see you can have a 5 calorie filler when You need it will not derail you at all.. Great job!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top