Stick to it!!!! Challenge

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stick to it!!!! Challenge

Post  ElleBella on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Alright all,

I wish to start a challenge today. I know many of you are doing so great and might not need this.. but boy I do!! I need to just stick to it!! no more excuses.. no more fairy dust Evil or Very Mad !!! So if you are with me.. I want to stay on the orig 5 n 5 for the rest of the month!!! If you have to have a cheat .. have it, but do not continue on it!!

My Day 1 Like a Star @ heaven 210.9
eeek Razz ok 211 lets just say it..lol

Last edited by ElleBella on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Re: Stick to it!!!! Challenge

Post  Dmac on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I am definitely in I am going to consider yesterday my start date 2/4/13 204 lbs yesterday was perfection so I gotta count it Smile
Today 2/5/13 197
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Hello Debbie & Dmac!

This is a great idea, I am definitely in. My challenge is to stick with this till the end of the month. Not sure what I weigh today (I'm trying not to check every day) but when I started this plan 3 days ago it was 140.2. If I could get to 134 that would be a good start.

Looking forward to checking in with you all!! :-)

Challenger
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  needhelp on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 am

hey i am in been off and on i really just have to stick to it and get the weight off
160lbs ;(
starting tomorrow

needhelp

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 am

bounce bounce Great.. Im happy you are all with me.. yay lets rock it!!!

I had a plan for how we can do this challenge.. instead of daily WI.. (unless you wish to).. we can just post On Plan or a Off Plan (this way no one has to go into what happened.. Very Happy ) I think we end up stopping challenges due to feeling guilty we did not have perfect day.. for me I know that can be the case.. so I am hoping this will help us all to just relax and do our best! For WI.. do as you wish..daily.. by the week or at the end of the challenge.. no stress Very Happy

Today I had a 1/2 On plan day... Yay cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Count me in too!

Post  120-4life on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure how this works, but my challenge to myself is to stick with the 5bites x 2 for a week! That doesn't seem so daunting and seems more doable. Then I can do another week challenge, one week at a time. Starting today, Wednesday. I think this will be a great incentive for me to stick to it! Thanks for initiating it, Debbie! cheers

Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:36 am

today is day 3 for me yesterday I had a peanut butter Snickers for lunch and 5 bites of pizza for dinner and I weighed in at 192 another good loss
stay focused all Smile
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 am

im in for the month long challenge! i will need the support toward the end of the month with valentines day and a weekend away with friends at the end! xx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Ya Dmac, I love it when we all find your rythm.. yay.. Missing snow here though.. hmmm

Thin in.. You got it... we are all here to help each other!

120 4life.. anyway you wish.. just sticking to plan is the greatest challenge.. Yay

Day 1 onplan

Day 2 onplan

happy staying with it all!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Today is the hardest day for me.. I always crash and burn on the 3rd day.. not today though.. all the way!!!! cheers cheers cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  needhelp on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:27 am

i am having a hard time starting. i usually do lunch great and over eat at dinner Sad

needhelp

Back to top Go down

Dinner can be tough for me too

Post  120-4life on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:10 am

Hey Annie,

Don't be sad, it takes time to make the transition. Be kind to your body and you'll find a way to adjust. Dinner is hard for me, too. I'm trying to do the two meals for breakfast and middle of the day and just stay away from food until the next morning after that. I'll just have another cup of coffee or an herbal tea to make it to bedtime. I'm going to try going to bed by 10 instead of midnite or later because the body gets its best sleep and repair before midnite. I know it's easier said than done but so worth the benefits. It's taken me a lifetime to come to this resolve, and I can't afford to waste any more time! ha ha.

You can do it!

xx - Lucille Smile

120-4life

Back to top Go down

progress report

Post  120-4life on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:48 am

Just a quick progress report:

Yesterday was off plan with three small meals for a total of 17 bites plus agave in the coffee.

(As an aside: I learned from the Wheat Belly cookbook I just got that agave syrup is far worse than high fructose corn syrup! So that's out, too. I searched online and found that Dr. Mercola says "You can buy pure glucose (dextrose) as a sweetener for about $1 per pound, which has none of the adverse effects of fructose [agave is high in fructose] if used moderately." I haven't found any store that carries this locally though. The closest thing I've found is a sweetener the Family Dollar store sells - Family Dollar brand - in small packets whose main ingredient is dextrose, combined with a little saccharin. So I'll be using this instead of agave.)

Today I had breakfast at 7:30 and lunch at 1:00. Total bites: 13. I'm not feeling hungry now at 8:30, as long as I stay out of sight of any food. Smile It's so good I have this forum and you all to share my progress with! Thank you all.

I've decided to try just breakfast and afternoon lunch and no dinner time food. That may work better for staying on two meals a day.

Oh, and weight is down to 141 today! Yeay!

I'm putting my cat on a diet, too. No, not the 5Bite, ha, ha. But she needs to lose 2 lbs and I learned about a weight management dry food that contains no grains and that works to help cat shed weight. Luckily she's taking to it well and not complaining. Going to bed early will help both of us stay on our programs, too. cheers

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 am

Update

Day 1 onplan

Day 2 onplan

happy staying with it all!!!!

Today is the hardest day for me.. I always crash and burn on the 3rd day.. not today though.. all the way!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad nope I crashed and burned Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Day 3 off plan

K everyone.. those who are the stellerist.. great job cheers those who had the night time challenge.. dust yourself off...its all good..chin up .. carry on!!! Very Happy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:50 am

Day 4 190 so a cupple more pounds lost Very Happy yesterday i had a peanut butter Snickers for lunch and 1 for dinner
Stay focused all you five biters Very Happy
Your doing great everyone like ya said debbie if ya go off plan hop right back on .I'm with ya I'm missing snow white 2
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 am

Hi everyone!

Sorry I havent posted for a couple of days, it's been stressful times! Good news is I am doing pretty well on the plan! Not perfect by any means, but "good enough". I need to learn that good enough can be good enough because I can be a terrible perfectionist!!

My stomach is definitely 'shrinking', which is a nice feeling! But I'm still struggling with hunger, particularly at night when I can't sleep. Hopefully that will get better.

Well done everyone on sticking with it, we'll all have bad days and good days, as long as we keep on keeping on we'll be fine!

GO TEAM!! Have a lovely day all xxx
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Yay for you both.. We are all doing so well..

Dmac I think we should send out some cheers for .. SNOW SNOW SNOW lol.. I hope she is ok.. Miss you girl!!! bounce bounce bounce

K.. so fare soooooooooooo onplan today

Day 1- on
Day 2- on
Day 3- off
Day 4- on so fare..lol

Today it is soooooooooooo lovely and sunny.. great day to be on this plan with all of you..Cheers! cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

checking in with y'all

Post  120-4life on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 pm

breakfast at 8 today: 2 bites blueberries, 2 bites orange and 1 bite walnuts, coffee. weight at 140!
lunch at 2: 3 Bites ground beef, 2 bites sweet potato.

I so wanted to eat 5 times that amount! And the snickers bar on the kitchen counter was calling to me. But I was able to say no, put away all the food and make a cup of coffee to have with my supplements. Now feeling full with that little bit to eat. Amazing! I see that I need to allow time for the appestat to register fullness when I'm wanting to eat more than I need. Now to make it to bedtime without eating any more today. I can't imagine myself eating like this for life yet, though. But there'll be more than 5 bites on the maintenance program, maybe 15 per meal? Well, we're in training for that right now so I'll keep that in mind. Want to keep going downward to the goal one pound at a time for now.

It must be especially hard for those of you cooking for a family. I know when I was fixing family meals I'd be eating a meal while cooking and then another with the family at the table. So I understand if you get off plan. Record your successes, every one; that really helps me to focus on that instead of beating on myself for falling short of high expectations.

I want everyone to know I wish I could reply to every post but I am reading them all at least. I'd be at the computer all day writing (and editing) and I'm spending way too much time online already with reading emails and visiting informative sites and doing searches for too many things I want to know more about. My mind has an insatiable appetite to know things. It's like an addiction! I'm going to have to set a timer and start following a time budget for the computer! My refrigerator needs to be cleaned out and I've got to get to it now. Fun, fun! Cheers to everyone and keep counting and building on those successes! The positive thoughts give you strength; the negative ones weaken.

Love,
Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Stay strong Lucille, you're doing great! Xxx
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:26 am

Day 5 188 another 2 lbs sweet .yesterday had a peanut butter Snickers for lunch again and at dinner i had 1 bite jalapeno Cheetos and 4 bites pork chop need to really focus to keep this going thru the weekend Very Happy
Stay focused all you five biters Very Happy
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

Well done Dmac, you're doing so well!

My weigh in this morning showed a loss of 3 pounds exactly, now at 137.2. Yay!!! Very pleased with that especially as I have been sticking only quite loosely to the plan...

Keep going everyone, let's stay strong over the weekend!

Xhallenger xxx
Challenger

Back to top Go down

WOO HOO!

Post  120-4life on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Good for you, Debbie! That's exciting. Keep up the good work!

120-4life

Back to top Go down

stuck at 140 for now

Post  120-4life on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi,

Well, I was really good yesterday with just 10 bites total. Thought the scale would show another pound off but not yet. I guess it's easier to drop the first 15 pounds, then it takes some faith and perseverance when nothing seems to be happening. So I had breakfast at 7:30 because I was getting low blood sugar symptoms. Had raisins, nuts, and 3 bites snickers almond bar. That was around 6 bites total. A cup of black tea to top it off and I'm feeling good. It was a big temptation to go off plan but I managed to resist because of the snickers bar! Smile

Snowed all night with heavy winds, so that grass is showing in spots and big knee-high drifts in others, but looks like the snow has stopped coming down. 10 degrees farenheit, (-6 Celcius). Brrr!

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Dmac... Great job!! K.. weekends are the biggest challenge for me as well.. Let's do it!!

Chellanger... It is amazing what 3lbs can do for making it a great day to stay on plan.. Super Job cheers

120-4life- I find when I do not see a change on the scale I notice a change in my clothes.. when you are in ketosis it is normal to lose inches and not weight some times..Great focus!

Day 1- on
Day 2- on
Day 3- off
Day 4- on so fare..lol stayed mostly on plan.. a few extra dinner bites[color=darkblue]
Day 5- off
alright its Saturday..Thank goodness those of you in the storm last night are ok.. just some shoveling to do.. I will do that next winter .. lol
[color=darkblue]Cheers! cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 am

Good news is i dropped another 2 lbs 186 bad news is I've fallen off plan today trying to get back on now and not make a day of it
Dmac

Back to top Go down

big success 2 more lbs!

Post  120-4life on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 am

Hey Dmac,

You can afford a day off plan with that 2lb loss! Wink

I had an off plan day too. total of 21 bites. yikes! Maybe I need to "make a new plan, Stan" as the song "50 ways to leave your lover" suggests. In this case I can't "leave my lover," though. Rolling Eyes

Tomorrow's a new day. And it'll be easier for us both, right? Onward and downward (in weight that is). hee hee.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top