Day 14 - I miss my bedtime snack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  120-4life on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Last night I weakened and had 5 bites of Asiago cheese before bed. I just love that cheese and just couldn't resist indulging. I was willing to slow down the weight shedding a little, but this morning the scale showed I'm down another two lbs. - now at 140, with 20 lbs left to go! The aches in my back and legs and knees are easing up and it feels great to be 14 lbs lighter - and all in just 14 days! I love sharing how I've been averaging a lb. a day's reduction with friends and their shocked reaction, especially when I tell them I've got 20 more lbs to go. Smile They say I look slim already and can't see that I need to lose so much. I carry the extra weight distributed so it doesn't show but I know it's there. I remind myself of how internal organs are surrounded and inhibited in their function by the stored fat that doesn't show and what a boost it will give them when no longer hindered this way.

I think the bedtime snacking has been my downfall and will be my biggest challenge in maintenance (overdoing it, that is). I am learning that I have a resistance to going to bed at a sensible hour. It's related to the old thought pattern of feeling "not good enough" and needing to wait until I'm not able to stay awake to give myself permission to go to bed. Also there's the feeling or belief that I need more information before I can speak about anything. At 71 you'd think I've accumulated enough information, especially from the hundreds of non-fiction books I've read over the years.

But I'm learning that you don't have to be a walking library of knowledge to justify your existence and presence here. On the contrary, it's probably better not to have a lot of knowledge and instead have a knowing that comes from your heart and be able to express that with love, gratitude, and compassion. This is so clearly proven in the wisdom the 10-year olds express in the video I shared yesterday. If you didn't see it, here's a direct link to the YouTube site for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXk-Hi5ayw&feature=player_embedded 

Other than that, listening is the best form of communication! How easy is that!

I'm sharing these thoughts because they are connected to my recovery from my overeating issues and maybe some of you will identify with it and be encouraged from the insight. Smile

From my heart to yours.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 14 - I miss my bedtime snack!

Post  Snow White on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm

I stay up quite late as well and fall asleep in the chair before I allow myself to go to bed. I never just put myself to bed ever. I have a lot of trouble going to sleep. I have ringing in my ears that keeps me awake due to excess scar tissue. My doctor has given me a prescription that helps me stay asleep, but not go to sleep. Also, I feel really ramped up from my job and just want some time after my kids go to bed to wind down and veg out a little before I have to wake up and do it all over again.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

It's awful not being able to get to sleep

Post  120-4life on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:22 am

Dear Snow White,

You have a heavy load to carry as a working mom, along with the responsibility of a classroon full of children to teach? I don't know how you working moms do it today.

It's awful not being able to get to sleep and you need your sleep as a top priority to take care of yourself first. No one will be served by your getting sick from lack of sleep.

Have you tried playing soft, soothing music to override the sound of the ringing in your ears?

There is a practice of singing a sacred ancient name for God that works very well for me when I can't fall asleep or if I wake up and can't get back to sleep. It's very easy to do and might be helpful to you, too. Here is a link to a short free presentation of this practice:

(It works with Windows Media Player) http://cache.eckankar.org/windows/video/MiraclesInYourLife.wmv

Just copy and paste in your browser. If this appeals to you, try it for a few days anytime you're feeling wired and/or can't sleep. Here's what you do:

With eyes open or closed, take a few deep breaths to relax. Then begin to sing HU (pronounced like the word hue) in a long, drawn-out sound: HU-U-U-U. Take another breath, and sing HU again. Continue for up to twenty minutes. Sing HU with a feeling of love, and it will gradually open your heart to God and to divine assistance.

Hugs!

Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 14 - I miss my bedtime snack!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top