Day 9 - dealling with chronic fatigue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day 9 - dealling with chronic fatigue

Post  120-4life on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm

On this fat-releasing diet I'm focusing on establishing a lifetime change in the amount of food I eat every day, rather than on calories or whether I'm eating enough to supply all the essential nutrients. I think that's where we get bogged down in justifying eating larger portions than we need. My main challenge is and always has been fatigue, even after a good 8 or 9 hours sleep. But with chronic fatigue trying to overcome it with food has not really been a solution, at least for me. I do take the recommended mult-vitamin and mineral supplement, and I'm just taking it one day at a time and experiencing how my body is adjusting to a new relationship with food and working on using the fat stores for energy. I'm looking at this as an exciting adventure taking me to a new place where I will feel better and have more energy. I know it won't happen overnight but each step following the 5 Bites is taking me closer to that new place.

This morning I felt dizzy and weak as I walked around after getting up so I had breakfast at 8:30 that consisted of a teaspoon of raisins, half a slice of sprouted grain bread with butter and peanut butter. I put a teaspoon of Agave nectar in my coffee instead of the Stevia which I just don't like. I feel full and satisfied with this. Instead of going back to bed I sat here and wrote this post. My energy level is better and I can stay up and get dressed for the day!

I weighed in at 147 this morning when I got up. It fluctuates and goes up during the day but I see a decrease every morning so far.

Yesterday besides my two small meals I also had 4 ounces of Kefir before bed. That seems to be good for my stomach for the night.

Another thing I need to do is get a chiropractic adjustment. I've had chronic back issues over the years that are energy-draining and the adjustments help with that. My chiropractor uses the Activator method, combined with muscle testing (kinesiology) to determine where the adjustments are needed. It's wonderful and very effective. This is my main health care therapy.

Until next post,
I wish you well.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 9 - dealling with chronic fatigue

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:45 pm

It sounds like you are moving in the right direction.. thankyou for sharing.. Very Happy

Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

thanks for your reply

Post  120-4life on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm

Thank you, Debbie!

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 am

Great post! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Last edited by Snow White on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 am

Your Welcome ... Very Happy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Thank you, Snow White!

Post  120-4life on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I appreciate your interest and support. It helps me stay accountable! Smile

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm

How are you doing today bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

A sleepy day today

Post  120-4life on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 am

Hi ElleBelle,

Thank you for asking. It was a frigid 8 degree day (outdoors that is Smile) of cat-napping with my cat, and zero motivation to do anything! I did take a bath and get dressed, did the dishes, and wrote a post here for the journal. Just so tired. I think my energy is going to fighting a probable flu virus that's settled in my throat. I hope it clears up soon. I've been drinking a lot of herbal tea and taking natural supplements to help my body. Just accepting what is and not beating myself up for wasting the day. Reading the "goal-getting" ebook I bought recently. It is an excellent motivator and has powerful tools and suggestions for setting and achieving my newly-defined goals. Making a to do list for tomorrow. Will go to bed early for a change and get up early and get going on the list!

If I were'nt on this diet I'd be binging on sweets right now. Thank goodness I'm not doing that! It would only be feeding the virus. Instead I had dinner at 6 pm of 2 bites sausage patty, 1 bite refried beans, and 2 bites fresh orange. This too shall pass. Smile

And how are you doing? I will check your recent posts.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm

I am sad you are sick.. so not fun.. good job on keeping your self on plan and taking good care of your self.. I find drinking sleepytime tea helps keep hunger pangs down and tastes so good.. the vanilla one is great!.. Back to health for you in no time.. hugs

Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

feeling much better today

Post  120-4life on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 am

I like the sleepytime tea, too. I often use two teabags to a cup for more taste. Thanks for the kudos, sweetie! I am feeling much better today, definitely getting my energy up again. Hugs to you too!

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top