Newbie from Maine - Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie from Maine - Hello!

Post  120-4life on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello, Everyone!

Thank you, Phil, for creating this forum. I hope to be a helpful contributor as well as receive gifts of insight and support from everyone's posts.

I am a 71 yo woman recently retired from work in Assisted Living as a personal caregiver, mother of 4, grandmother of 3. I've been lugging around an extra 30-40 pounds of fat for years that I need to get serious about "releasing," as Dr. Lewis puts it. I just started this nice simple 5 bite program 5 days ago and so far have released 5 lbs - now weighing in at 150! Feels good. My goal weight is 120. I love the book and what Dr. Lewis explains about the way the body turns everything we eat to sugar or fat (that can be converted to sugar when we restrict our eating to 5 bites twice a day), to feed all the body's energy needs, along with a superior multi-vitamin and mineral supplement (I want to add that it's important that the supplement is of a high quality and come from organically grown whole foods so it will actually be assimilated . Otherwise it's just money down the toilet. Smile

I'm convinced this is a safe and healthy way to release the fat quickly and be done with it. I don't want to be spending my day counting calories and planning and preparing diet meals. As we know now, it's not about the calories but about the portion sizes. We have been programmed by traditions and the food industry to believe we need so much more food than we really do.

I will post my experiences on this journey in the journal forum section. I wish everyone great success and a lifetime of optimal health and well-being at their ideal weight!

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie from Maine - Hello!

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Welcome, it is so great to have you.. You are doing so well cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Thank you, ElleBelle!

Post  120-4life on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 pm

And how is the 5 Bites going for you? Are you posting in the journal section? Is there a way to access a member's posts in one place?

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes it is the location where we all post.. join in.. bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

what I meant

Post  120-4life on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering if there's a way to find an individual member's posts displayed together in one place, so I can read them all on one page rather than run down the pages clicking on each post individually. Sorry for the lack of clarity in my question.

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top