Finding My Way Back!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding My Way Back!!

Post  16Again on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 am

Hey, everyone. (Oh, wait. This is a journal... Hey, Me -- AND everyone)

I'm going to be using the "Check In Page" to lay down daily Stats. I'll do the Daily computations over here.

Here I plan to muse (if not AMUSE).

I'll talk about Very Low Carb and Exercise and, of course, the Glory of PORTION CONTROL.

I'll wail here, and whimper here, and exult here, and be prideful and humble and humiliated here.

Sounds fun, huh?

I'll be jumping into others' journals (if they'll have me) with encouragement and cheerfulness.

Thought for the day: When we GET THIN, we will be the road-map and inspiration for our families and friends! And the object of jealousy for our Less-Than-Friends Shocked

Blessings,

Marc

Day 01 = (0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 215.0 lbs (starting point)
16Again

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding My Way Back!!

Post  Snow White on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey Marc,

Welcome! Love your thought for the day...SO true! That's what we're going for here! Feel free to jump in on our low carb 30 day challenge. You've posted here a long time ago, is that right?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm

]color=indigo]LOL.. you are very cute with your banter.. Nice to have you here![/color]
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Q: Got "issues," much?
A: Well, um, yeah I DID. Not so much, now.

And, though I've answered my main obstacles, I don't want to put them out there and infect anyone's good times. So I tell y'all what: If or When I see them crop up in anybody's threads, I'll put in my 2 cents there. If they don't show, the better we'll all be. How's that?

Well, in reading through many of the journals and Challenge posts, I see we've got a whole crop of Low Carbers (LCs) and Very Low Carbers (VLCs). That's new -- and refreshing. This is just an observation amounting to nothing, as I don't want to alienate anyone who opts for the "Balanced-Food-Pyramid" 5 Bite plan. Or the "Luscious-Snickers" 5 Bite plan, either. But being a newly dubbed Diabetic, I'm going to be writing from a VLC perspective, for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to take this post into exercise, for a bit, because I'm onto something that's got me truly inspired. It's Body Weight Strength Training which means NO EQUIPMENT (well, maybe a chin-up bar, if I prove too heavy for the awning frame in the back yard) and ALL DONE AT HOME. Specifically, I simply don't want to get HUGE like a Body Builder; and, truth be told, that'd be impossible for Anyone at an 18.5 BMI, which Doc Lewis recommends.

The point is, if I get Stronger while I'm Shedding Pounds of Fat, each exercise becomes Easier in the process -- Doing a pull-up of 215 pounds (of which, I can't do even one now. Weak? You betcha!) is far harder than someone strong doing pull-ups of 132 pounds, and that's where I'm heading. Committing to getting Strong has brought me Back to the 5 Bite Diet, so I can actually DO all this stuff (and more)!

So not only will I be able to do MORE As in MANY, but I'll be making them more difficult, progressively, to get stronger.

The pinnacle of the program I'm doing, will have me doing One-Arm Push-ups, One-Legged Squats (where my butt hits my ankle), One-Arm Pull-ups, and Hanging, Straight-Leg, Leg Lifts (like a gymnast).

But for the moment it's got me standing, arms length from a wall and leaning forward 'til my forehead "kisses" the wall; that's MY push-up for only 10 repetitions. I'll be adding repetitions to this for a month or more, until I do 3 Sets of 20 repetitions, and then move myself over to my kitchen counter top, and start over again with only 10 reps. It could take me 9 months to a year before I try my first One-Arm Push-up.

They (all Four) start out this gently. I'll simply progress, getting stronger, as I get leaner. Cool, huh? Way gentler (and slower) than P90X!!

And if you're thinking "That's not for women," just check out Demi Moore doing One-Arm push-ups (et al) in the film, G.I. Jane... Training Scene from G.I. Jane And SHE's no competetive Female Body-Builder.

Ultimately, and this is just me philosophizing, I think it's important, as a SPECIES, that we all get really, REALLY STRONG, not just so we can Escape danger -- But so we could pick up a medium sized Child and carry them to safety, too!! That's getting strong for More than just ourselves.

[Note: I'm getting this program from Convict Conditioning (Kindle Edition) by Paul Wade.]

Thought for the Day: If we RAN FOR the HILLS, would we MAKE IT?

Blessings,

Marc

Day 01 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 215.0 lbs (starting point)
Day 02 = (-2.7) = 02.7 lbs lost. Current Weight: 212.3 lbs (Yipee!!!)
16Again

Back to top Go down

Hi Snow White

Post  16Again on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Snow White wrote:Hey Marc,

Welcome! Love your thought for the day...SO true! That's what we're going for here! Feel free to jump in on our low carb 30 day challenge. You've posted here a long time ago, is that right?

Yes I used to post here, a LOT. But that was before I learned how to type more succinctly (as my post, above, proves). Shocked It's still all here in the archives, though why anyone would want to read it, would be beyond me.

As for the "low carb 30 day challenge," I just figured it was too late to be in on it; but since I'm going to be Low Carb for Life, well, I don't mind if I do. Thanks!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:26 pm

ElleBella wrote:]color=indigo]LOL.. you are very cute with your banter.. Nice to have you here![/color]

Thank you, so much!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Yay you dropped 2.7 lbs already.. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!! Your work outs sound great.. I have a 7 yr old that is 50lbs.. she is soooooooooooo tall.. I lift her into my jeep all the time.. hee hee.. fun stuff.. I am doing body pump at home.. (les mills) .. it helped me drop 60 lbs in 3 months back when I lived in Europe.. I put some back on but not all.. I am also doing the 100 pushup challenge.. I can now do 23 full plank.. at my weight I assumed it was not possible...but I am wrong.. Go check it out on google.. fun stuff... you can also do 100 squats.. and lunges.. pushups also ..very easy going.. slow and steady..

Keep up the Excellent work bounce
Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:49 pm

Marc we are all starting the challenge over .. we still have 20 days left to it.. so make it a 20 day challenge.. we all had some really crazy life stuff that is finally getting back to normal.. so just join in.. no worries! Laughing
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Day 01 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 215.0 lbs (starting point)
Day 02 = (-2.7) = 02.7 lbs lost. Current Weight: 212.3 lbs (Yipee!!!)
Day 03 = (-2.1) = 04.8 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs (WaaaaHOOOO!!!!!)
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

It must be great to be a man.. You lose so fast!!!!! arrrg.. No kidding.. Wahoooooooooooooooooo for you .. Yay bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks ElleBella,

It IS great to be a man. But there are a lot of things we men "silently" envy about you ladies.

Like the chance for friendships that aren't based on "posturing" and "competition." The opportunity to BE our emotions and set them free. Like, being in touch with the "nurturing" aspect while being strong, still, and wise when the opportunity arises. Big generalizations? Sure. But true enough even for all that.

Not sure I'd want to cry at Lifetime Movies, though.

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. By the Bye, Your leaping smilies just reminded me... I have an old mini-trampoline ("rebounder") in the rafters of the garage. I'm going to yank it down, brush off the webs, and "Bounce" this evening for my cardio. bounce

P.P.S. Which reminds me of another great thing about being a man: No HOURS spent looking for just "the right" Sports Bra.
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:23 am

Congratulations!!!!!! 5 pounds in 3 days!!!!! Keep it going!!!!!!!!!!! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 am

You are a card.. Lol.. great sense of humour.. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce away..lol have fun!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Not a SetBack... a Springboard!!!

Post  16Again on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Okay, weirdly, the previous day's "Point-One Pound" (+ 0.1 lb) weight gain was like a sling-shot pull into the biggest One Day weight loss for me on this Diet. 3.1 POUNDS!!! Yipee!!

I was a little down by seeing the "gain." But without really thinking about it, I threw myself into work and never thought about food for the rest of the day.

I ate nothing. Just my post-workout cup of coffee (with Heavy Cream).

This morning (11:15) I Bit 5X into a cold lamb chop (leaving probably another 5 bites for this evening)

I'm happily on plan.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Please eat your bites! I have gotten into trouble fasting recently. My hair is falling out and I should also mention that I have very long hair which is my trademark and I am very upset about it! I believe it is falling out due to the lack of protein from fasting and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it without blowing my diet.

Also, very, very proud of your success!!!! bounce bounce bounce You are doing a stellar job and are an inspiration to all!!!!

I went ahead and started my chart on my journal today. I think the chart will be motivational as well.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Thanks, Snow White

Post  16Again on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, the weight loss is on track. Thanks for the "stellar" reviews.

And yes the "Chart" is so uplifting.

I'm going to drop over into Your Journal to discuss your Hair Loss issue. I've compiled tons of research on Low Carb Dieting AND on Fasting. I've helped others with this problem and I'm sure I can help you.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Marc, I hope your doing well and have a great 4th of July... Happy independence day to all US citizens...
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Yes me too.. Happy 4th Marc.. You are doing so great....keep it up cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks for the Holiday wishes, "mom" & "Elle."

I just realized, today, that I haven't even looked at my own journal for a while since I'm so caught-up in writing for the current "Challenge." Still it seems obvious that THAT thread will come to close (when a new "challenge" hits the boards) and I'll want to see this place as recording my ongoing process.

Okay so a little history on the recent "car crash." I was the passenger when a car "Sped" out of a commercial driveway (though his view was blocked by a panel truck, parked at the curb), into the "passenger" -- yes, MY -- door. Ooof!

So laying around the house was in order for a few days.

Now, "How does this tie into the '5 Bite Diet'?"

Let me tell you.

To eat much, when bored, sets up a whole sequence of unintended circumstances. Let's just say, had my brain been involved I would have "Dry (no water) Fasted." But adding Food and Liquid to a Tube which must find Exit, while the need for transporting that Tube from a bed to an entirely different room, at a snail's pace, in a posture reminiscent of the guy (furthest "left"), below is just STUPID!!

I really could have used those days of Slow Intestinal Tracking.

But, I'm back on track. I'm standing at about the "missing link," between 2nd to the Left and Center, praying for a quick return to "Homo sapiens sapiens." I'm not supposed to exercise (even "stretching") until then. So that'll slow me up some.

I'm just going to have to make the "Diet" do all the work for now. ((sigh)).

Blessings,

Marc

16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:57 am

The diet truly does most of the work anyway. I don't feel any guilt for losing weight without exercising and I'm almost to my goal of proving that it is possible to lose 50 pounds without regimented exercise. Although, I will be adding exercise once I meet that goal in order to add some muscle so I won't be skinny fat. Don't feel guilty for not exercising, let the diet work for you. If I can lose about a pound a day w/ no exercise (when I'm 5B faithful) with my PCOS, I'm sure you will have no problem!!!! Keep on going, MIGHTY WARRIOR!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 am

It is so great that you are ok and that laying around for a week or two is all your need to do..Thank goodness for that.. I am sure you will drop it with or without the exercise. You are so upbeat and positive.. I imagine you will be shifting into your exercise before long. bounce Although we are all here to drop it quick.. sometimes life just does not work that way.. things come up.. sunny
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Marc, I'm sure you will be back to normal in no time. Dry fasting is so hard, just doing it for 18hrs is hard enough especially when you add exercise to it. My back went out in March and let me tell ya I never knew the true meaning of how important your back truly is. I mean I know it's important but when you cant use it then your pretty much can't do much at all. I'm glad you were not hurt badly. I second what snow said you do not have to exercise to lose weight on this diet so don't sweat it..Just 5 bite and you will be down.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 am

Hey you.. What's up.. you ok?? I sure hope so.. Have a great day.. flower
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:03 am

Well Hi There, Y'all

Well, this is embarrassing. Confession time. "Forgive me Mothers, for I have Sinned:

• It's been 12 days since my last 'Confession'." Shocked
  • I weigh EXACTLY what I Weighed 12 days ago.
  • I've been bed-ridden with (1st) the accident 'till last Sunday, and (2nd) Migraine until Wednesday
  • Both a mild 'depression' and a concurrent inability to 'give a damn.' Twisted Evil

So, now, my "evolutionary posture position" matches below:
"D'oh!!"

Bet you're all happy for the "Fig Leaf"!!!!! Embarassed

But I'm Back!! Sort of... Today I ate piggishly. Tomorrow I'll certainly be above today's 213.1

So tomorrow's Weigh-In will be my ZERO day for a New Chart!! Since the Challenge is OVER (and I got beat), I'll post my chart here. Stay tuned for a slight change.

I'll catch-up with you all, in your journals (even recent returners and newcomers). Sorry to abandon you.

Blessings,

Marc

Thought for the day: Before you reach down to pet the CAT rubbing your leg, in the dark of night, in your front yard, check first to make sure it's not a SKUNK!

Stay Alert!
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Goal Wt:144 // Goal BMI 20.0

07/20/12 Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 213.1 lbs // BMI 30.2 (pre-strictness)
07/21/12 Day 01 = (-1.0) = 01.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 212.1 lbs // BMI 30.0 (Yipee!)

Actually better than I thought it'd be so I edited my chart.
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top