ChineseCabbage 5BD Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ChineseCabbage 5BD Journal

Post  chinesecabbage on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:42 am

Hello Five biters!

I've been on the diet for more than a month now and went from 199 to 180. I have a fair share of bad days - I eat breakfast sometimes and eat snacks. I would like to be 120. My problem now is I am stuck at 180 and have been for the past two weeks, I've been eating bigger bites, but I don't eat breakfast anymore, my calorie intake is well under 1,000. Though, I can't seem to give up drinking coke.

I've only had a major binge once, and that was on a Quarter Pounder and some fries, it upset my stomach and regretted binging. I've also been taking slightly bigger bites, I don't know how to measure bites in noodles and soup - I live on the stuff. I can measure bites in rice and meats but I'm not quite sure how to estimate it on soup and noodles. I've tried straight snickers week and I stopped for the lack of variety and I don't have much of a sweet-tooth. I'm more of a burger-fries-rice-protein-noodles kind of person.

Vanity is my primary motivator to lose weight, and don't judge me but my secondary motivator is my health since I'm only 18 and turning 19 soon and I don't want to suffer from diabetes and weight related diseases.

I do believe that my stomach must have shrunken, because I don't feel the hunger pains anymore starting the diet and when I have bad days, It's because of my love for food, I used to eat for taste and not for hunger, but there are times when I still have a bit of the love for taste.

I'm starting again seriously tomorrow morning and track my progress here! Very Happy

I have a few questions for the more experienced biters:

1) How do I measure bites in noodles and soup dishes?
2) How to I get past the stall? (I'm stuck on 185 - 180)
3) Is exercise advisable?

----

Weight before starting the journal:
199 lbs
Weight as of today:
180 lbs
chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Re: ChineseCabbage 5BD Journal

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:54 am

You have done so well so fare.. cheers for you..

1) noodle soup.. when soup is cooked.. use a strainer to take out some noodles into your bowl.. 5 spoon fulls of noodles.. then add 1/3 cup broth to it..that should be ok.. but one problem I see is the hunger problem. .. protien is mostly suggested due to the fact it keeps you fuller longer.. noodles are going in less than a hour.. meat 4 hrs.. just a thought..

2) believe you can.. think you have already and move on.. if your bites are to big..you know it..so change it.. see next answer for more help

3) exercise is a must to lose weight faster.. but you do not have to kill yourself.. just go for a walk daily.. stretch out your lungs and breath..

You can do this .. you are beautiful no matter what .. but you can do this.. happy biting! bounce

ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 am

Welcome to the board. I think if we all look into why we diet health is one of the reasons but vanity is to, as we want to look and feel good about ourselves and if we are not happy about it then others can see that to.

1) I think Debbie answered this question pretty well. You can look under the 5 bite discussion ore even under snow whites journal she made what is called a snickers templet to measure her food and I believe she puts a few more things to use as well, like measuring cups. I do not measure my foods or even take just five bites unless it is only a five bite food like a snickers or a cup of greek yogurt. I normally do mind by taking the calories in 2 snickers bars and keeping my calories at 600 or less.

2) when it comes to be stuck on a weight I'm not sure but sometimes I do calorie shifting as our body gets use to a certain weight and just get stuck there so sometimes putting more in(mind you I would exercise when I do this) tricks the body into thinking there's food again and it will boost you back into weight loss.

3) well when we diet exercise is an essential part of dieting, but on a very low calorie diet, if you have enough fat stores, you do not need to exercise to lose weight. I find when I exercise I gain muscle so sometimes the pounds go up but muscle also burns more calories. So the exercise is something you must decide whether or not you are up to it. Taking a walk or even yoga can be a good way to get in exercise.

Good luck, you've already lost 19lbs so that awesome..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  chinesecabbage on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for the replies!, I didn't think anyone would, lol.

Anyways, I'm so excited for tomorrows 5 bite lunch (snicker-sized). I'm definitely going to try out your method of measuring noodles ElleBella Smile. I'm going to have classes again in University so I think that will be exercise, I'll be walking out to the street corner to ride the bus, that's about a 5 minute walk. And I'll be doing a lot of walking inside campus, since the buildings and classrooms are so ridiculously far apart. I'll be spending time in the library and not in the deli Very Happy. And on days that I don't have class, I have an elliptical at home so I can get some exercise in.

Its my first serious day tomorow, woot! *fist pumps*
chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Day 1

Post  chinesecabbage on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 am

Day 1

Breakfast - Nothing
Lunch - 5 bites omelet at 12:30
Dinner - 5 bites banana fritters from a street food stall

Good 5BD day today, I put lunch off late than usual, Usually I eat lunch at around 11, but was busy watching a boxing match on tv. And in the afternoon I went out to see a friend and bought a banana fritter on the way home. I'm feeling really good about this. sunny
chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Where do you live that you can purchase a Banana Fritter.. OMgoodness yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! affraid

You are doing great girl.. keep it up.. love the pic of the cat.. is it yours?
Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Day 2

Post  chinesecabbage on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 am

Day 2

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - 2 bites hotdog, 2 bites bacon, 1 bite rice
Dinner - 3 bites omelet, 2 bites rice

I was so stressed out today for not doing any of my responsibilities. I have a bit of social anxiety which triggers my emotional eating. I didn't go to an important meeting today at uni since I knew I was going to be uncomfortable. Its weird because I'm a good public speaker but when it comes to meetings and talking to new people I get really anxious. So I woke up today, I planned to go but didn't and I felt so bad about not going I was literally going back and forth to the fridge opening and closing it and just staring at the food. Every time I did, I told myself, it's not going to be worth the confidence I'll get when I'm on maintenance, food is not worth giving up wearing the juniors sized clothes I so badly want to wear for a long time.

I really learned something today, the little binges only make you feel better temporarily, but its not worth it in the long run.

@ElleBella, I live somewhere in Southeast Asia, where food stalls spring up late afternoon for when people have their afternoon snacks, and there are also food stalls serving dinner food. and the cat isn't mine, I just found the picture on the web somewhere.

Thanks for all the encouragement

Cheers!

chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 am

Hi ChineseCabbage,
First of all welcome!!!! I've been out of town I just wanted to weigh in on your questions. If you are talking about soup w/noodles in it...I would measure out 1/3 cup of noodles exactly and then pour your broth over it to taste. The broth will not effect your hungerstat, that is it will not stretch your stomach and make your stomach beg for greater quantities of food. The broth will add some calories, but not enough to ruin your plan. The Snickers bar is equal to 5 tablespoons of solid food or 1/3 cup of food. Or just take 5 big bites and be done, whatever works for you. Since you're in a stall, measuring might be good for you. Also, replacing lunch for a bulletproof coffee has helped me get over a recent stall. See my journal for the recipe. Good luck! : ))))))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Day 3

Post  chinesecabbage on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:06 am

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - 5 bites kimchi
Dinner - 5 bites stir fried vermicelli with veggies

Tomorrow will be Day 4, and I'm going to be busy tomorrrow with leadership responsibilities at Uni, first day of classes, welcoming all the freshmen etc. Planning to do a snickers lunch tomorrow, so I'll have more energy.

Thanks for all the answers Smile, I measured 1/3 of the vermicelli and it was exactly 5 bites Smile
chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Day 4

Post  chinesecabbage on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:02 am

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - 13 bites chop suey
Dinner - 5 bites Banana Fritter

Other - Banana shake, sweetened apple tea

So basically, I was out with a friend's family for lunch, I did not want to be rude and not finish the meal, 13 bites is just about half the serving, I did not eat the rice they served. Felt my stomach stretch a little bit. Chop suey is all veggies, yet I'm quite amazed it provided me the energy for the busy afternoon.

About the banana shake, I just had to get one since it was 100 degrees out, no kidding.

I got the banana fritter for free served at the college orientation at it at 3 pm, and so far I'm not feeling hungry. I hope the 13 bites doesn't set me back too much.

chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 pm

I think you will be just fine. It's still less calories I'm sure.. Keep it up.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 pm

How did you make out.. I am sure all went fine.. Very Happy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top