Starting off on the RIGHT foot...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starting off on the RIGHT foot...

Post  kimikat3 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm

So I'm home a bit early today. Have a meeting with my counselor (via phone) in about a half hour. Finally starting college! Yah! LOL! I did my whole adult life completely ass-backwards! Had my daughter... 10 years later I got married ... And @ age 33 I'm starting college. Yikes! Oh well, I figure better late than never. ☺

I've been feeling kind of sluggish today. I did t eat breakfast this morning (thought if give it a try), and I was fine. Drank lots of water and I felt satisfied. Went to a Thai restaurant for lunch with a girlfriend of mine. Ordered a chicken dish... Ate 5 bites and boxed up the rest! (HUGE accomplishment for me!!!). Not sure what the plans are for dinner yet, BUT I do know how much I look forward to seeing a loss on that scale every morning.... So whatever dinner will consist of, it will be within reasonable portions.

B: Iced Water
L: Thai Chicken (5bites)
D: ??? (5bites)
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 am

I'm sooooooooooooooo proud of you for going back to school! That is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 am

Wow that is sooooooooooooooo great.. You did your life the best way it could work for you.. so give yourself a pat on the back cheers .. Good job on your food.. you will see the lbs just dropping now Basketball ..

Cheers!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Kim your doing an awesome job keep it up. I know you feel like a failure when you eat over the five bites but the awesome thing about the diet is it teaches you portion control and even though you ate more than five bites it was still a smaller portion than you would normally eat(per your entry). So if you want to lose massive weight, I've found, you stick to the strict 2 snickers a day(calories or just the bars), if you want to still lose weight regular and not miss out to much stick to the smaller portions and get in a little activity. You hardly ever gain on this diet unless you go all out on a full on binge.

Your life ,like Debbie said, is the best way it could work for you. I'm very excited about you going back to school, hey I started after 2nd marriage and 2 kids at the age of 32 and I'm graduating this June.. It's a great reward and it show's your child that education is important no matter when you go back. It makes them look up to mommy, who else is going to teach our girls how they are to be treated and how much education truly matters in life to be a strong independent woman.. You are doing great keep it up and show everyone what you are made out of..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Thank all of you for the words of reassurance.

OMGooosh!!! I just types up a looonnng entry and it didn't save! Ughhh! Does this happen to you guys? This is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened to me. Soooo frustrating!

Anywho... I had wrote about a nightly hypnotherapy session that I have been doing. Gastric weightloss... Suppose to make u "believe" that uou have gastric lap band surgery. Subliminally make you limit you amount of food intake. So I'm not sure if it's working, or if it's the 5bd that has become 2nd nature to me... But I absolutly cannot splurge! I have tried, and I physically can't! The food starts to taste different and I just can't swallow it! Very crazy!!!
Anywho... No weight loss this morning, actually a slight gain. But I'm very happy with my results from my first week and anxious to see next weeks results!
Day 1: 211.9
Day 2: 209.7
Day 3: 208.8
Day 4: 208.4
Day 5: 207.8
Day 6: 207.0
Day 7: 204.8
Day 8: 205.0

Last edited by kimikat3 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't save)
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Ohhh... So disregard my previous post staying I CAN'T eat more than 5bites...
I just proved myself way wrong...
Big-Mac and medium fries... REALLY??? yeah... Really. Ughhh... Okay... Just a trip in my travels... Gotta get my shiz back together...
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 am

Oh no worries.. I had mcd's today also.. was so tired from my daughter dance show.. that it look so good.. LOL.. oh dear,. Lets just get back on plan tomorrow honey.. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  chinesecabbage on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

Mcd's won't significantly hurt your progress, I mean, you cant gain 10 pounds after just eating a BigMac, and besides you'll lose the weight faster than you gain with the 5BD. Hats off to you for the progress Smile
chinesecabbage

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the support friends!!! Well yesterday was a tricky one with my food intake. I tried not to stress too much about it... And my weigh in this Mormon was toooo bad. Definaltey not a loss, but a slight gain (again).
I'm making the conscious desicion to get back on the wagon today... Smile

Yesterday's intake:
B: 5 bites f jimmy deal low cal reakfast bowl
L: Big Mac & Med fries, unsweetened iced tea
D: 8oz blended strawberry margarita... Chips & salsa
( ordered dinner, but boxed it up immediately)
Day 9: 205.2

kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Honey this is bound to happen,.. we are all used to eating much more than 5 bites.. I am one that can not do it.. I binge if I do.. regaurdless off my medical issues.. I have changed over to 10 bites break..10 lunch and 10 dinner.. believe me you will still knock off the weight doing a few more bite.. and it keep me from binging.. I at micky d's but I at it in 10 bites.. did not eat the rest.. it was a late night binge of potao chips that got me.. (movie night).. Anyway you will still have those days when you must have this or that.. so take 10 yummy bites and push it away.. 5 bites burger and 5 bites fries.. way better than the 50 bites it normally takes to eat!

You are a Warrior cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 am

So... After a weekend of loosely following my 5bites... I have gained in small increments. Time to buckle down. Tomorrow starts back on 5 bites strict. I'm ready to see me below 200!!!
Thinking about starting to weigh weekly instead of daily... Any thoughts on this my fellow warriors???

Day 9: 205.2
Day 10: 205.4

Last edited by kimikat3 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't save)
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Got my book in the mail yesterday... Couldn't put it down! Read te whole thing last night. This diet is very "do-able"... I'm starting it without breakfast today... Strict 5 bites... See how long I can go.

Weighed this morning:

Yuck.

kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:00 pm

You can do it! It's probably just water...push your fluids and it will be gone tomorrow and maybe even with a loss. I love, love, love the book!!!! I especially love the part where it says that staying on the 5BD for one day is the equivalent of running on a treadmill for 6 hours straight!!!! That should help with motivation!!!! But sometimes, we just decide and I mean decide to go off of it...I don't know why...I wish I could figure that out! Like Dave, he never cheats! It's a woman thing, we just can't control ourselves with this and I don't know why! What are we lacking that causes this? B/c generally if you think about women and men, who is the more faithful, dedicated being? I think women, b/c men fall big time with big things all the time...like fidelity, trust, etc. But women? Women are true blue to bitter end usually. So, why can we whip this consistency with the diet thing like they can so easily? I'm confused and I'm really angry at myself for being outdone by the opposite sex! No harm against Dave personally of course! ; )))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Snow! I need to really commit and stick with it! I decided to go full steam yesterday morning and skip breakfast... I drank an ice cold diet Pepsi followed by lots of water. I ate my 5 bites at lunch and tossed the rest of my food in the garbage. By 2:30 I was (subconsciously I'm sure) NEEDING something sweet. I grabbed a skinny cow snack (120 cal) and nibbled on that. Come dinner time I was ravenous!!! Starved!!! Cranky!!! And irrational!!! When I got home from work I sat down to do my homework and get it out of the way, so I could have some time with my family during dinner... By the time dinner was ready I was out of my mind hungry... FOUR slices of pizza later... (yes... 4) I was feeling glutinous and guilty. Knowing that I didn't NEED all of that. That if I would have had ONE slice and used a fork to eat it, I would have been much better off. I haven't weighed myself this morning... Yet. I'm going to.. Because I believe in accountability in my choices. I jut don't WANT to.
Anywho... I'm going to give it another try today... I think I might have 3 bites for breakfast... 5 for lunch and 5 for dinner. Maybe allow myself to adjust again. Idk. I was loosing pretty good before and that was B, L & D 5 bites... So I know it works... I just need to find the way to make it work for me... Until I can adjust enough to knock breakfast out of the equation.
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:15 pm

So.... Not what I was thinking the scale would read...
205.5!
I'm actually down a pound from yeaterday morning's weigh in... Odd... But I'll take it.
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Kim, If you need breakfast eat your five bites during breakfast. I eat breakfast and lunch and then not dinner or vice verse, I find that eating when I'm hungry whether it be morning or night. I try not to eat after 5 and just fill up on water. You can do it, for sure you just have to find which 5bites work for you to keep you from being so hungry. Just keep you chin up butter cup and you will see results.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Kim, some people have had a lot of success with pushing lunch back as far as you can and then that way you eat dinner sooner and don't have to wait as long. Like could you hold off and eat lunch at 1 or 2 and then have dinner at 5 or 6? One thing I know is that around that dinner hour you have to eat, you can't wait or you will eat too much! Also, remember when you are feeling cranky and irrational, that's your body burning fat, so good job with that! : )))))) Excellent that you still lost, wonderful!!! Keep going girl, you'll figure out how to do this and make it work for you. Also, I have tried sugar free life savers when I really want something sweet and sometimes that helps. Some people like gum, but I'm not much of a gum chewer. Keep going, mighty warrior! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for he suggestions ladies!!! I think what I'm going to try and do is eat breakfast/lunch @ 10:30 or so... And then have a lunch/dinner around 4:30ish... That way I'm having two meals and they are still 4+ hours apart. I think that just might work.
I noticed in the book, he states to take your five bites in 1 minute??? Holy Moses! Do you guys do this??? Why is he suggesting this???
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Do you recall the page number on that? That is not jumping out for me right now...but I do remember him saying he eats fast and gets it over with and moves on when I was on his slimming station forum. I do eat fast but longer than a minute for sure! : )))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 pm

I forgot my book @ work.. But it is in the "Pearls of Wisdom" section... Wink
I assume since I'm only having 5 bites... I wanna enjoy those bites and savor them.
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm with you, I try my best to savor...also I couldn't find my book last night! I'm going to keep looking for it! I am somewhat of a book whore and I have books stacked up all over this house! My husband probably "put it away" and that's why I can't find it! Good luck today and stay strong! cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Me too girl.. savour .. enjoy and delite in all my bites.. lol.. have a super Friday
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Sooooo been off the wagon since my last post... ( or maybe even before that). Starting over (again) tomorrow. Going to weigh once a week, not daily. And going to ATTEMPT to stick to a strict 2 meals... 5 bites! I'm going to be commited! I saw how gas I could lose before... I'm ready to do this!!!
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:37 am

You are going to be great..!! This diet is very hard.. we have been eating 3 to 5 times a day for most of our lives.. so just shutting it off is hard... One step at a time we will all make it!! cheers

ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:16 pm

ElleBella wrote:You are going to be great..!! This diet is very hard.. we have been eating 3 to 5 times a day for most of our lives.. so just shutting it off is hard... One step at a time we will all make it!! cheers

I agree with Debbie, just keep focused and you will love the results..

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top