A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello all, I will say this my weekend has been crappy I've eaten anything and everything when ever I had found a chance to eat. My dd had to stay in the hospital for 2 days due to an infection she got after surgery. They think she may have been sick before they did it and it just made her worse. She's doing some what better today but still in a lot of pain.

Debbie she had her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes placed in her ears. 3rd time for tubes, 2nd for adenoids(didn't know they grew back)

Monday Weight in for the Week
weight 190.2 1.2lb loss from last week but up 1lbs from the daily weigh ins
BMI 49.3 down .2%
Muscle 30.6 (same)
chest under 35 (up 1/2in) over 39 (same)
Waist 35 1/2 up 1 inch
hips 43 1/2 (same)

So I'm up 1.5 inches and down 1.4lbs from last Monday.

I'm happy with these stats as I was for sure I would be up 10lbs the way I was eating off schedule and stuff. My nerves got the best of me and I didn't do so well, Saturday was horrible dd had a 103 fever, her oxygen was down to 87% a she was vomiting every 1 hour to the point nothing coming up. I am now back on schedule with my 5 bites and hopefully can be down to 185 by next Monday that's what I'm shoot for anyway.

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Oh dear one.. how old is your dd honey.. that poor thing.. poor you too love.. gosh what a messy weekend.. You are great to refocus and get back on plan.. its at least one thing we can control right.. God bless you and your family honey.. wishing for a speedy recovery all around.. xo

Now go and get some much needed sleep! Sleep

Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:46 pm

What a stressful weekend!!! I feel so bad for your little girl. I hope this week goes better for you both. Hang in there! You've got a whole week to reach your next goal, I'm sure you can do it.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm

I didn't know that adnoids could grow back either! Is there a possibility that they just took 1/2 of them the first time? I know combining the tonsil adnoid surgery is rough, girl...my youngest had that and the recovery is hell and then to add the tubes and an infection on top of it...my prayers are with you and your baby! But once she has recovered, things will be so much better for her and you! This is a time that you really have to nourish your baby and yourself to be able to give all of your emotional energy to the situation, don't be too hard on yourself right now...many things are more important than weight loss...but if you can keep it going through all that, you're one incredible lady. But if you find you need a break here and there you are only doing what makes sense for right now. Again, my prayers are with you! Love & Hugs,
Snow
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks ladies for the kind words.

Snow white her ENT said they can grow back, he said they were small but while he was in there he would just take them out. As far as being hell I'm in it,even though she's a great patient she just does not want to eat or drink for me or even take her medicine like she was doing in the hospital. I've had to pretty much force her to eat freeze pops, and drink some kool aid and also she drank an apple juice. It's super hard.

I'm extremely dizzy today, I'm sure it's due to lack of sleep. I did get to nap an hour today. You know a mother/wifes duties are never completed.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 pm

My baby refused to eat or drink anything while in the hospital and he hated being there a lot!!!! I got so upset and discouraged about it that I resorted to begging them to discharge us so that I could just bring my baby home where he would be more comfortable and where I could take better care of him. I had to feed him water using a syringe. They could see I meant business and they let us go home. On the way home he requested McDonald's chicken nuggets! Once we were home he was fine. He had anxiety about being in that hospital and I knew if could just get him out of there it would be better. Hang in there, friend!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Well I was not able to weigh in today, my poor baby was up last night with a temp of 104 chills and shakes so we are back in the hospital this time the pediatrician said 3 days at least. He said she has an infection in her left ear where the tube is. They have her on sugar water drip and antibiotics. I do hope she is better soon. This mommy is worried sick about her. I hope you all are doing well.

Food intake
B- tea
L- nutella on bread and a chocolate brownie
D- have no clue.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm

I am sending prayers your way! Get that baby well! clown
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you snow white you understand what I'm going through and I wish this on no one.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:55 pm

God Bless you girl.. You are in my prayers.. Healing one honey..My daughters too.. she has the best prayers.. Hugs flower
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello all,

They sent dd home yesterday after only one night stay. Her fever stayed down and she started to eat and drink some. The pediatrician said 2 nights and the ENT said she could leave and he is the one who admitted her. He's a great surgeon but has horrible bed side manners. He told me she had to have been sick because she got the fever so quick after surgery. I was like we had her checked in his offices and for pre op and no one said anything out of the ordinary. He told me because she was sick she now had a 70% chance of bleeding due to the sickness when the scabs fall off. He made me feel like it was all my fault. I have told him every time she's been sick and we have had to cancel it twice already so I would have never had let her have the surgery if she was sick. Anyway I have not weight myself in a few days. I feel very bloated and have not been able to go to the wash room in 3 days. Anyway I will weight in tomorrow and see where I stand. I hope I have not gain anything. Thanks for the prayers ladies.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:32 pm

ahhhhh Honey.. so sorry that the dr was less kind.. its hard when they put the pressure on you when you know you have done everything right.. Hugs.. I wish you a quiet loving day with your family.. don't worry about the scale right now.. just take care of you and yours.. thank you for checking in ... Hugs Very Happy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 am

I'm sooooooooo sorry about that doctor being so nasty! I'm so glad your baby is home. Mommies know their babies best, he's just using his textbook knowledge. Do what's best for your baby and I'm still sending prayers for healing your way. She very well could have gotten the infection in the hospital. It was not your fault at all! Stress can make you retain fluid, too so don't worry about it if you gain. When things level off with the stress everything will get better. I love you I love you I love you
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the support with my daughter ladies, I know for a fact she was not sick and it's not my fault. I believe he is just trying to cover his butt, and I'm not even accusing him of it either it's just something that happens, right? Okay so yesterday was my first day home, like really home, so I tried to stick to the 5 bites (calorie) intake as closely as possible. I just want to say that if you are new and I've missed writing in your journal or welcoming you to the forum it's defiantly because of all this drama(with daughter) that has my mind preoccupied. I wanted to talk about something that's going to go on in my life next month and I have to start preparing now for it twice a week.

So I am a Muslim convert(or revert as we say) I use to be Christian, actually obtaining my ministerial license when I hit a different path and excepted Islam.. I know some people think this is blasphemy, and I feel those people may not have an open mind. I am one who believes those who worship God do so in their own way and there's not just one way to do it. I'm not trying debate religion or beliefs, I just am not that type of person. I'm very open minded. So to get back to my above reason for typing this. As a Muslim we fast for 30 days during the month of Ramadan, during this fast we abstain from food, water, gossip, sex, and anything sinful and try to pray, learn, and reflect upon God and His word from sun up to sun down. So July 19th is when this begins so I will be fasting the entire day. I will most likely eat my five bites before sun up at 4am and eat my second 5 bites at sun down which is close to 9pm and the rest of the day I will intake nothing. So starting next week on Tuesday and Thursday I start preparing my body for this so it's not in shock come July. I hope this is not offensive to anyone and I will still be on the five bites they will just be very far apart. I'm hoping in this time I will see many wonderful things happen in my life and those around me. Again this is not ment to offend anyone and I'm always open for conversations if anyone is curious. I just do not like to debate my Religion or have to defend my Religion every time I turn around. I just feel you ladies are so supportive that I can share this with you all. So I will still be here to support you girls ever through my fast because I believe 5 bite diet is my new life style.

So for all of you who have prayed for my little one and sent happy thoughts thank you so much , as I know those things have been heard.

Speaking of her her scabs are starting to fall off and she's in much more pain but hopefully in 3 days or so the pain will be finished.

Food intake

B- tea and 2 slice flax seed bread with light butter
L-turkey sandwich on flax seed bread and a brownie(my weakness)
D-nothing

Exercise 30 mins running, push ups, plank jacks, sit ups and mountain climbers.

Weigh in

Thanks again ladies and lurkers.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. I know very little about your religion.. but I must say I don't worry about it.. I am like you .. my journey is mine and I do not wish to explain or be judged on it.. God bless you girl... Respect for what you are about to do.. yay you are staying with us.. yay happy dance bounce

I will keep your little one in my prayers honey.. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello all,

Sorry for not posting my stats yesterday but I was super busy with things and I was also fasting so I was trying to keep myself busy from thinking about being so hungry, believe it or not it was not the hunger that bothered me it was the thirst. I was sooooo thirsty and when I broke my fast I drank a liter of water in 15mins, that's how thirsty I was. I planted a garden in my back yard and let the kids play in the sprinkler. So I did my weekly measurements and weight and I think I'm going to stick with weekly because when I weight daily it's kind of bumper to see myself go up on Monday.

Weekly stats

Weight 189.8 from 190.2
BMI 49.2 from 49.3
Muscle 30.7 from 30.6
Chest under 35 (Same) over 38 from39
Waist 34.75 from 35.50
Hips 43 (same)

total weight loss .4
BMI .1%
Muscle .1% gain
total inches. 1.75 loss

Not very good stats but with all I had going on last week at least I did not gain 20lbs and I still lost even thought I ate waaaay to much.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 pm

You're doing great and it is wonderful that your body is adjusting by not gaining even though you ate more! Great job! I hope things are better for you and your baby! Exclamation
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello All,

Well this morning I was down 1.1lbs to 188.8 but again this daily weighing doesn't mean that's what I will be come Monday. Tomorrow will be my fasting day again so I will weigh in early morning say 4:30am so we shall see what it say then.

Food intake
B-tea, rusk
L-pizza pocket (240), brownie (214)
D-nothing

water all day and worked in the yard. I have not done much exercise since sunday as Monday I fasted and made a flower garden in my back yard, yesterday I finished getting things done outside and cleaning my garage. I just stayed busy.

weigh in
from 189.9
1.1lb loss.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Please share what you are doing with your fasting. I'm experimenting with that right now and would love to hear what you are doing. You are doing great and are still in the 180s!!!!! Great job and keep on going!!!!! cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:48 am

hello everyone,

So sorry I was busy yesterday I'm cleaning like a mad woman for some reason I keep getting this burst of energy and I'm doing all my spring cleaning, getting rid of a lot of stuff. Yesterday I was fasting so this morning I'm eating the 5 bite again well I eat the 5 bite while fasting as well.

Food intake
B-tea, oatmeal
L- nothing
D- nutella sandwich, and greek yogurt 1 liter of water, then some lemonaid

Exercise, just cleaning and working out in the yard.

Weigh in
1.9 lb loss.

I have not used the washroom and my stomach is waaaay bloated, my dh asked last night if Aunt Flo was near because of the bloating. I do believe she's due in about a week or so.

Snow white, according to our religion, well most religions it's good to fast, I have started fast two times a week on Monday and Thursday during this time I have to wake for morning prayer at 4 am I eat my 5 bites and then pray and I break my fast at 9pm with my next 5 bites and pray. We pray 5 times daily, where we have to stop what we are doing and focus solely on God through out the day we can pray our normal little prayers in our heart kind of like Christians do.

During Ramadan, which starts July 19th or 20th depending on the moon, we fast every day from sun up to sun down and during this time we do not eat, drink, have ill feelings, back bite, and we abstain from sexual intercourse as well. So we are pretty much fasting for 16hrs a day for 30 days. It's a spiritual thing, were we are suppose to feel like those who on a daily basis can not have food or water at there every turn. So I started to fast to prepare for Ramadan.

I have found that the not eating is okay but I'm dying of thirst by 9pm, it's like I'm good for 15hrs but the last one hour it's like I'm slowly going toward that water image in the desert lol.

I am thinking that I will start trying to eat more fruit, yogurt , and less breads for my 5 bites to see if I can jump start my weight again.

I mean I'm losing but nothing like I lost the first month it's kind of like I'm on a weight watchers diet and losing my 1 lb a week and I want to lose 5lbs a week so starting tomorrow I will start this no bread and I will eat more protein.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Wow.. bless you for the AMAZING thing you are doing.. I had a friend in school who also took part in this spiritual journey.. Very Happy

Yay for cleaning .. I am doing the same right now.. I can not believe that is two weeks school is done.. omgoodness.. Sticking to p
rotien will help you stay fuller longer also..you are doing so great!

Happy Friday to you! bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks for sharing that info about your fasting process! I totally agree that reducing your bread and increasing your protein will be big help to expedite your weight loss. Are you able to eat meat at all or do you have to stick to veggie or dairy proteins??? I know beans have a lot of protein and I don't know if you'd ever tried edamame (sp), but it's really good with some sea salt...If I were going to eat that for my 5 bites, I'd probably measure a very tight 1/2 cup b/c you don't eat the outer shell. They sell them in these steam-in bags now at Walmart. Beans/legumes might help with the restroom problem. I'm still struggling with that as well. But I really think it's because that we are not eating very much that we don't have to go. I'm trying not to worry about it unless I'm in pain from it.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Snow white I can have meat it just has to be blessed, kind of the kosher way but we call it Halal. So I am serious going to do low carbs starting tomorrow. Today has been a disaster for some reason I'm craving sweets and salt well probably aunt flo I had 2 squares of pizza and several debbie cakes Embarassed like 2 oatmeal pies, 2 zebra cakes and a brownie yeah that's right horrible horrible horrible but no dinner for me. I think what I've eaten is like 4 days of 5 bites. I will exercise so at least some of those calories will be gone. Tomorrow is a new day so low carb strict 5 bites. I am going to skip breakfast just my tea.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:23 pm

I am also all over the place.. lol.. two snickers today.. gluten free but not low carb.. lol Tomorrow is another day honey.. we all go sweet salty some times.. Smile
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Morning all,

Debbie, thanks for the encouragement. I really was horrible yesterday, but that is really my first really bad binge, I pretty much ate an entire box of debbie snacks. I don't know why I bring oatmeal pies in the house I can not resist them, it's like crack. I ate pizza as well which ended with 3 full squares and one without cheese my dd didn't eat.

Snow white your welcome, there's a few in my family that thinks it's not healthy to fast like that but I say it has been done through out life. The one thing I can't understand about some people is our ancestor's didn't stop at McDonald's drive through or hit up the dairy queen for their sweet desert. I try to explain to them they had to hunt, kill and eat what they had so their bodies were in tip top shape, ketosis gave them everything they needed to stay healthy it kept their insulin levels normal and help to maintain their body weight. Now a days people think if you go below 1000 calories you are STARVING yourself and it's not healthy but what I think is what I ate yesterday and what others eat on a daily basis is not healthy. (sorry for the rant) I do think your right about or bathroom issue we aren't taking in to much food so how would we use it on a daily basis.

As for me you all can see how bad my eating habits were yesterday and I'm was regretting it last night. I was sooooo sick at my stomach, food was right in my throat all night, I felt like my blood pressure was up due to all the salt from the pizza. I am swollen this morning. My weight went up by a lbs, which is not bad but I think it's really due to the swelling. Today is a new day and I'm going at it low carb and might even try Debbie's gluten free diet it can't hurt, right?

Food intake yesterday
B-tea and rusk
L- Entirely to much just look above.
D- a cup of apple sauce and another oatmeal pie Embarassed

exercise- running for 30 mins and push ups only

Weight
a 1lb gain from yesterday.

So I will be starting the LC 5 bite challenge at 189.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top