A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:01 pm

funny you should say that.. My daughter is doing the same.. my husband said the same.. if you can not keep the house under control then you might not be able to work.. lol.. eeeek.. I told him not to worry I find my rythm soon and it will all fall into place.. Smile Let's hope so honey.

I have been also bad a posting as I am so busy.. work is busy but my husband is taking up all the extra time.. he wants to go out all the time.. lol. loves being in Canada.. so sorry if I dont get back to you faster.. Im here though.. hugs..

Have a super duper Thursday!!! sunny
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Just wanted to quickly update

I weighed in at 180.6 yesterday morning but failed to weigh in this morning. Today is officially our first day of Fasting for Ramadan so it's going to be hard, as I have worked nights all week and both of my girls have had strep throat. My yongest(tonsils out) got it and my oldest decided the day she was at the doctor and diagnosed that she would lick her sucker and there ya go both ended up with it. My oldest has had it very bad 103 fever, vomiting and her tonsils are swollen, blister on her throat it's just pitiful so dh has had to stay home with her since this is my first week of work. I have literally had 10 hours sleep in 3 days. When I get home my oldest is awake and will not sleep until like 130am. Anyway keep up the great work all and I look forward to my monday weigh in. I hope I make it to 179 by then..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh my darling girl.. You poor thing.. hugs for your babies and hugs to you and your husband.. I will put you all in my prayers.. Gosh 10 hours in 3 days.. oh dear.. Just do your best .. take your time.. we are all here for you.. xoxoxoxox sunny
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey mommie,

How's it going? Are the fevers down? I'm sure you don't have any downtime to be logging in here, but in case you do, just know you're all in our prayers.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello all, My girls are finally better and I'm trying to focus my energy on work and dieting.. I did weigh in Monday and I was 181.4. Af is visiting right now and I'm hoping on Monday that I can be down to 179. I'm really wishing to be there but this morning I was 182 but I'm bloated like crazy. I hope you all are doing well. I truly miss this board. I'm off tomorrow so I will catch up and post on personal journals..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow!

I'm so inspired by your progress and your weight loss and your commitment to the 5BD! Congratulations! Good for you!!! I can't wait to be approaching the 170s, which I'm hoping to be doing in a month.

I am also an avid exerciser; I need it to feel good, and I like having muscle on my body. So it's nice to have someone here on the boards who does the same, and who has made such awesome progress while doing so - gives me so much hope! I know some people don't advocate it, but I really need it. My body hurts without it. My brain doesn't function, I don't sleep well. Etc.

Looking forward to reading more about your journey, and I'm glad your children are ok.

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello everyone, I'm off today and can actually catch up with this site. I'm excited to see a few new faces, missing some old ones and excited to see my partners in crime.. You all are doing well.. Thanks for the well wishes for my girls, whom are doing well now. I was pretty shocked that my little one would have strep after having her tonsils out, one thing I can say is she bounced back a lot quicker than her sister who stayed sick for 4 days with a fever and huge tonsils.

Work-- wow I'm amazed at what people do on camera.. It really amazes me how many people actually lose their kids as well. It also amazes me that someone will steal something that's 12 dollars and end up with a record and a fine of 500.. so was it really worth it? Honestly I'm not the most trusting person but seeing what goes on behind the scenes makes you really not trust people. I mean people are bold... I am liking it so far but my hours range from 9-5, 11-7,or 2-10.. I work around nothing but boys and when I say boys I mean boys, 24 and under so I'm like the mother hen in there. I feel really comfortable with them though and they seem to feel the same, or so they have said they do.. They all have nick names and they have named me the stealth due to the fact that no one would think I was loss prevention, due to my head scarf and being a female I guess... It's cute though.. The lead LP, my boss, is really nice and has confided in me already, maybe due to my age and being a female, who knows.. I am there to listen and be of assistance.. Anyway so far so good. I do get a lot of walking in due to the Sears having 3 floors and it's one of the biggest in Ontario..

Weight-- I can not seem to get under 180.. I was really hoping Monday would put me under 180 into the 170's so we shall see. I have been on AF this week so that means no fasting, no praying for me so I've tried to stick to the basis of the fast, with the exception of drinking my water.. So probably saturday AF will be out of here and my fast begins again. So that means pretty much my food is consumed in the night to early morning so from 9-3:30am.. I'm trying to eat oatmeal, or egg to keep me full in the morning and breaking it with manjool dates and a small meal.. I will cut that into 5 bites now as I am starting the challenge.

Exercise-- plan on getting back to my body weight work out's and just stick to walking at work for my cardio. I have not consumed enough water for my liking..

So Food intake this morning

B- tea and two pieces of toast
L-nothing
D- plan to eat yogurt and half a pbj sandwich.

WATER, WATER, WATER.....
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Well not much luck on the weight loss this morning. I am weighing my self every day but you all know my weight loss is marked by my monday weigh in.. I'm not feeling all that well today, super sleepy and my tummy seems bloated. I get to start fasting again tomorrow. I know I mentioned that my hubby made a deal with me and I'm starting to think I can reach my 15lb weight loss by Aug. 18th. I think I will still be stuck in the 180's as I can not move down for some reason... I'm at 182.2 this morning. Anyway I wasn't perfect with my food intake yesterday either so that's my down fall. I ended up lunch, which consist of a chicken shwarma. I would say it was about 8 bites not 5 bites. I ate 5 bites of brownie last night before bed. I did drink my water though so that was good.

B- tea and rusk (60 calories)
L- not sure yet.
D- nothing

I honestly do not feel like exercising, I just want to nap, nap, and nap some more..

Water will be drank all day..

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:15 pm

I think you are doing so great with all you have to do. You will find your way out of the 180's soon I am sure.. You nap girl.. take care of you and let your body do what it must.. bounce

Yum on the brownie.. I am going to bake some gluten free ones today..hope they turn out yummy.. Wheat hates me!! lol

Have a super day you cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 pm

All we can do is All We Can Do.

I can only hope that when "Flo" has worn out her welcome and gone, any and all the weight she's demanded that you carry for her (as water), goes With her!

It's great that your head is in the game.

Would you mind if I asked you about your Ramadan fasting? Is about certain hours each day? A number of days in a row? Broken up over a period?

I'm just wondering how this can work FOR you. I understand that it's a spiritual practice (but surely God wants us at the weight we were designed to be.

As-Salāmu `alayki,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:15 am

Marc,I never mind answering questions that are asked,Ramadan is 30 days of fasting food,water, sexual intercourse, back biting or any sinful things from sun up to sun down. I mean we all know not to do sinful things regardless but during Ramadan we try our best to refrain from these things. It is a spiritual time to reflect on our lives and be thankful for what.we have ie food, water and clothes. So since the sun rises by 5 am we have to be done by 4 am eating our breakfast and then at 9pm when the sun has set and the darknes s begins we ahould break the fast with dates and water. so i will just have my 5 bites earlier and later. Ramadan is the Islamic calendar year in which our Holy book was sent down. It.is.30 consecative days but for woman during that time of.the month they are exempt that week. Thanks for.asking.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm

This is like a built in 5 bite diet.. lol.. great job you. How is everything else going honey.. kids better .. all better? We are fighting againts the hot days here.. but still going out.. eeek.. lol cheers Have a great day! sunny
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello all, I have to say that my weight loss has really stalled compared to the first 2months. I have not been exercising as much and my eating is not on par doing the fast, but I'm going to start my exercise again with cardio to see if this puts it back into gear. I also believe most of my 5bites will be protein and less carb, not no carb just less carb. So I weighed in this morning very bloated at 185 which is a gain from the days before but I'm hoping for my weekly weigh in I will either be equal or below what last monday brought. I am also NOT going to be weighing in every day because I'm finding it is starting to become an obsession of mine and making me discouraged to see the weight gain, even though I know it can be gone tomorrow it's still disheartening.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi mommieof2,

I completely Get It about the scales and "discouragement." The Doc recommends "once a week" and that makes sense when we have our Bites (size and count) down to a "science." What difference would it make "when/if/what day" the body may have glitched during the week, if everything's the same -- and at the end it shows a loss?

And, if the Bite count or meal timing is off due to celebration or withholding water, the scale-fluctuation isn't really reading the response to This Diet. [For me, I've got a new drug-regimen, that may or may not be interfering.] Each day could only be showing a response to whatever happened the day before, and it's not in your best interest to be playing a numbers game, if that's what it feels like.

I'm going to continue the Scale, daily, over in the Challenge only to show what CAN be done (with honest hopes that it MAY inspire those who are watching). But if I didn't have that reason behind it, I would weigh myself only once a week, once I knew my Hungerstat was completely regulated.

I also know you LOVE exercise, and that can only help. I'd suggest you not "build-up-an-appetite," though, if you know what I mean.

Blessings,

Marc

16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 am

I get that.. I put my scale away.. I do not want to know what my weight is .. I want to know how I feel.. better or not.. without the scale..I think when we just let go of the stress we will actually find out way.. I hope your going back to working out will help you Very Happy

Have a great day sunny
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello All, I have been super busy; working, shopping, and cleaning up the home. We are leaving very soon and I have to have everything done before we leave in 12 days.

I'm sure you all seen in the Challenge board that I finally got below 180 and this morning on my monday weigh in I am still under 180 so I'm happy with that

Monday Stats
Weight 179.0 down from 182.4 so that's a 3.4lb loss last week
Bmi is at 46.7 down from 47.4 so down .7
Muscle up 31.4 from 31 so I'm up .4 of a lb
Chest Over37.5 down .5 from 38 last week
Chest under 34 same as last week
Waist 33.5 down from 34.5 down 1 inch
Hips 41.5 down from 42 so down .5

So 3.4lbs loss
total inches 2 inches
that's in a week so if I were to go back from when I started 5 bite

206 now 179
Bmi 51.6 now46.7
Chest over 41 now37.5
chest under 37.5 now 34
Waist 38.5 now 33
Hips 46.5 now 41.5

Total lbs loss 27
Bmi down 4.9%
Chest O- 3.5 inches loss
Chest u- 3.5 inches loss
Waist 5.5inchs loss
Hips 5 inches loss.

The above results are from May3rd till now Aug. 6ths so that would be a total of 3 months equals out to 9lbs a month which it so much slower than I would have hoped but it's still coming off and I'm happy that it's slowly going to be gone and hopefully by sept or oct I will be close to my goal weight.

I hope you all are well and keeping to the 5bite schedule...

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

I think with all you have been through with your little ones you have done sooooooooooooooooo great... you are now focused and ready to get to the next goal.. great job cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Sorry if you told me but I do not remember.. where are you going? on Vaca or work stuff?? is this to nosey?? sorry Embarassed

Any ways have the best day ever!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 am

Well I did not weigh in this morning, as I mentioned I really don't want to do it every day . I find it to nerve racking. I did do exercise yesterday and it felt sooooo goooood... I have not done it in at least 2weeks and I missed it.

Debbie We are all going to Pakistan on the 18th so I'm really not looking forward to the heat there and if I'm a bit smaller I can take it easier than if I'm extremely over weight.

Nothing to report today aside from my 30 min run and push ups, sit ups, and plank jacks...

My food intake was a tea and toast and for dinner water, and cottage cheese with a few rice crackers.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh wow.. what a trip that will be.. are you still in the process of Ramadan? I like you menu.. love toast.. and love cottage cheese.. yummmmm the simple foods are always the best..lol

have a super day.. running girl.. how you do that on so little food is shocking affraid but if you are ok with it.. Yay cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi Mommie!

I'm still here!

I got a little derailed with some unpleasantness last week; one of my illnesses (which I have not discussed on these boards) hit me HARD last week, but I'm on new meds that are making me feel better. And I managed to stay on the 5BD the whole time! In the past, feeling terrible would have been an excuse to dive into the cookies and ice cream, thinking I needed it to get by. (I put the details of my progress in my journal; I won't hijack yours with my stats!)

It sounds like you're doing GREAT! Keep it up!! Below 180? Amazing!! I can't wait to join you there!

I, too, am finding that I can workout and workout hard on this diet. My body is just not requiring the food it used to, though I do have an extra bite before I hit the gym. But ONE bite. Seriously. I used to justify eating a lot pre-workout because my body "needed" it, 'cause, you know, I was working out. I truly believe that adding the muscle and the workouts are necessary to keeping weight off long term. Plus, it feels good to have a body that can do things in the world. And it looks better. Very Happy

I struggle with morning hunger, though. I can't wait until maintenance. I plan on adding morning bites and maybe one for afternoon snack for maintenance before I add them to lunch and dinner.

Keep up the amazing progress!! You will feel so much better in the heat in Pakistan...

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 am

Miss you girl.. hope you are having a great weeekend!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Sorry everyone I have been super busy doing last minute shopping for our big vacation starting saturday. I did my weigh in on Monday and was 181 which is typical as TOM is around the corner, most likely the day I leave. Yay me I get to have it the first whole week of vacation. My oldest daughters b-day was on Monday so I spent the day with her. I defiantly missed this forum. I have to work today 11-7. I'm have not been able to stick to my fasting like I wanted to since TOM is close I've been super sick this week. Anyway I will not be able to check in for 3 weeks since I will most likely be in areas without out wifi and I don't think I will have a lot of time due to how busy we will be with shopping and wedding stuff. You guys just keep on rocking it and losing your weight. I didn't reach my 170 goal but before I'm leaving but I'm hoping I will be close to 175 by the time tom is over. My dh has noticed I am losing the weight and is very happy about it and compliments me alot now and I'm not even where I want to be yet. Anyway enjoy your day.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm

You are doing a great job! enjoy your trip! 3 whole weeks, fun!!!! Can't wait until you are back Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:53 pm

You're doing SO GREAT!!!

Have a wonderful time on your vacation, and we'll see you when you're back!!!

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Have the Best Ever Holiday girl.. no worries on the wieght its going to drop off like water.. Yahoooooo!!!!! bounce cheers bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top