Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  Snow White on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Glad you're back Michelle!!! I was worried! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello All,

So I've been MIA here and there for the last 2 weeks but as I've stated before I've been super busy,as we all are,I'm sure. So I'm back on track now. Yesterday was my Monday weigh in but I was not able to get on to really write about it. We had a bbq but I was fasting so that really helped me on the eating part. I took a 2 hr nap which I do not usually do but I have been super sleepy with the fasting, going to bed after my Isha (11pm) prayer and waking at fajr(3am) prayer and starting of the fast. My kids still come and get in my bed so it disturbs my sleep as well. I really thought my 3yr old would get out of it once she had her surgery but she still wakes and gets in the bed with me. My 6yr comes in only if she has a night mare. Okay so my dh is really being very sweet with the weight loss comments. He really is noticing that I'm shrinking as he calls it- so that gives me a majour boost for sure.

Food intake yesterday
B-(3am) water and snickers
L-nothing
D-(9pm) nutella on bread, yogurt and 2 dates a few bites of pineapple.
total cals under 600.

Exercise-- not to much just walking and house work, it's really hard to exercise while fasting but I will start doing that soon.

Weigh in (stats from Monday) and this morning weight was the same.
Weight 185.6 from 191.6 6lb weight loss
Bmi 48% from 49.2 so that's a 1.2% loss
Muscle 30.9 up from 30.7 so that's a .2% gain
chest under 36 up .5 from 35.5 last week
chest over 39 same as last week
Waist 35 down from 36 so 1in loss
Hips 42.5 down from 43.5 so another 1 in loss

so that 6lbs is from my parents visit and aunt flo so if i would have been at 185 I would now be in the 170's which was my goal by the end of june, well I'm shooting for that this month. I'm sure I will make it.

Total inches loss 2inches, total fat loss 1.2% which is pretty good.

So this morning(Tuesday) I'm still 185.6 so I'm hoping to be down tomorrow. I can defiantly feel it in my stomach that the fat is melting, because it's shrinking even more..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Michelle! I'm soooooooo proud of you!!!!! Our weight is pretty much neck and neck now! Let's rock it into the 170s and then 160s as quick as we can girl!!! I know we can do this!!!! : ))))))))))))))))))))

Also, I know what you mean about sleep being disrupted by little ones. My youngest son who is 10 years old (he is also the one that had tonsil and adnoid problems) just stopped coming into our room at night recently. I thought he would be in there during high school! I didn't think he'd ever be able to sleep on his own. I think something must have suddenly changed for him and I wish I could tell you what it was. But it really isn't normal when a child wakes up enough to leave their room in the middle of the night every single night. Most people wake up and just roll over and go back to sleep. I never could figure it out for him and we tried everything, even giving him melatonin and 2 hours later he would wake up and come in our room. None of my other kids did this, so I think it may have something to do with just a feeling of insecurity that kids with health problems have about their safety and security. Because of this, my husband and I agreed that we would be there for him as long and he needed us and when he was ready he would stay in his own room. He always started out in his room, but he always ended up in our room and then just suddenly it stopped. I hope things get better for you and your baby soon. Because you know it can't be healthy for the baby's sleep to be disrupted like that also. The only thing I can say is that eventually it will end! : )))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Michelle... Wow girl you are doing great! I agree you will lose a lot really fast now.. Nina can not sleep in my bed if she could she would.. she is allergic to my mattress.. such a shame I miss here in my bed.. When we build our new house.. or buy?? I will get a new mattress so she can come and lie in it with me.. I always end up in her bed.. the one good thing is we both get a good nights sleep. Naps are great for you with all the lack of sleep you get.. Laughing

Have a super day!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks ladies for your encouragement, people in my family tend to have something to say when they hear I'm laying with them or they are sleeping with me. I get this you need them out of your bed, you shouldn't lay with them to put them to sleep. I am such an over protective parent, so much so I had a tree cut down in the back yard that was close to their window so No one could climb in it. I just hate the fact that you have to be so careful with your kids now a days with all the pervs out there. My kids might think I'm crazy as I don't let them play unless I'm with them out side or if my dd wants to ride her bike around the neighborhood I'm walking with her. One of my neighbors lets their 6yr old roam the neighborhood in a string bikini I mean come on they need to be protected. (just my opinion and it's a very strong one).

Okay on to the food and weigh in. My food intake yesterday was pretty good, not low carb of course but defiantly not a lot of food. So I did fast yesterday and the rest of this week is food as usual and exercise. I have not been doing much exercise during the fast since I can not drink water I would get so dehydrated, speaking of dehydration I was watching extreme weight loss edition and the trainer said if you want to rehydrate yourself quickly drink really cold water, but if you want to stay fuller longer drink warm-room temp water. Just a little fyi I didn't know. I always drink cold water though the colder the better for me.

Food intake
B- snickers and water
L-fasting
D-2 dates, water, a piece of pineapple and a bowl of cereal.

Weigh in
from 185.6
sot that is a 2.4lb loss which is AWESOME... I'm hoping to be 30lbs lighter in the next 6wks before my trip to Pakistan with the family. The skinner the better for me.

Debbie I looked up my body weight and it said for my height and age I should be around 135 lowest 110 highest 145 so I want to be between 135 and 140 by the end of all of this hopefully by sept.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

You are doing so well!!!! I am sooooooooooo proud of you!!!!! : ))))))))))))))))

I saw that also about the water on extreme weight loss and another thing I thought of from watching that show was how the people lose the weight so quickly that they need the skin removal surgery. I feel like what we have done with as you said two steps forward and one step back has allowed us to lose it a little slower and keep our skin tight. The scars left from that skin removal surgery are awful. You will reach your goal! Just keep on going! : ))))))))))) Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Wow you are doing soooooooooooo amazing.. never mind what others say about how to raise your kids.. just go with your heart, you are truely a wonderful mom.. No way would my 7 year old be aloud outside alone in a bikini.. oh my....XO
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello all,

I hope all is well with everyone. I have gain a lb since the other day, but I'm sure that it will be down by monday. I have been eating more fruit lately it has been sooooo hot here. It reminds me of down south weather. My dh was telling me it's 52 degrees in Pakistan, which I'm not looking forward to. They loose power every few hours, well not lo0se, but the government shuts it off foe a few hours at a time. Anyway.

Food intake
b-tea with rusk 200cals
l- a few bites of pineapple
d-a few bites of grapes and pineapple

water all day

Exercise-- none

weigh in
up 1.2 lbs from two days ago.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Wow.. that is hot ..My husband was in China and it was just as hot.. Asia is a cooking pot.. lol..

Now worries on the 1lb.. I am sure you are right and it will be gone super fast.. Very Happy

Its well into the upper 30's today.. hot enough for me.. eeeek

Cheeers girl
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:01 pm

The gain is probably just water weight retention from the fruit or even the heat. It has been horribly hot here...unable to play tennis at all and if we are outside, we are in the pool! I'm sure you'll be down and then some for your Monday weigh-in. Forge ahead MIGHTY WARRIOR!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello everyone, So today is an exhausting day so far. My sleep is sooo interrupted by my three year old, fasting and waking for my daily morning prayer. It wouldn't be so bad if my little one would not wake up and want to stay up for 2hrs and then when we finally go back to sleep it's time for me to get up and make breakfast for dh before he goes to work. I really wish she would sleep better. The bad thing about it is the last prayer of the night is at 2300 hours and the first prayer of the morning is at 3:50am so that's a 4 hr sleep period before you have to get up to pray and start the fast. The summer hours are the worse for the fasting and next year it will be the end of June to July so the days are just as long. I don't mean to complain as there are people out there that have no place to lay their heads or food to put in their bellies yet they still have very strong faith.. At least I can nap if I need to. Today I'm pretty hungry, I guess that's my belly saying the food from yesterday is gone. I have a bm yesterday that must have emptied it completely out.

So today is another fast day for me, I'm not sure if I will fast tomorrow or not. I want to fast all next week and take the weekend off before the true 30 day fast begins. Yesterday I decided that I would exercise and oh boy was I dying of thirst. I was looking at how our fast is and it's similar to the Warrior diet or the fast five diet however I'm using my five bites in those hours instead of feasting.. Okay so here are the stats for this week.

Monday stats
Weight 185.6 same as last week
Bmi 47.8% down .2% from 48 last week
Muscle 30.9% same as last week
Chest under 35.5 down .5 from 36
chest over 38.5 down .5 from 39
Waist 34.5 down .5 from 35
Hips 42.5 same as last week.

Week 1.5 inch lost not weight gain but no loss either.

So I thought I would look back from when I actually started this journey of 5 biting to keep myself motivated and here are my stats

Weight was 206
Bmi was 51.6
muscle was 30.3
chest under 37.5
chest over 41
waist was 38.5
Hips was 46.5

2months and 1 week later
Weight total loss 20.4 lbs loss
Bmi total loss 3.8%
Muscle total gain.6%
Chest under total loss 2'
chest over total loss 3.5'
Waist total loss 4'
Hips total loss 4 '

lbs 20.4 inches 13.5 inches not to shabby I mean I wish it were 60lbs but of course we all know how I've cheated and gained then loss.. Still pretty good.

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 pm

You are doing great! When you started you were over 200 and now you are waaaaaaaaaaaay under 200 and you are not going back there, ever! Just keep on going, friend! sunny sunny sunny sunny
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Not to Shabby GIRL....WOW you are so doing it.. so loving yourself, so getting it done!

The journey you are is very honest and very challenging.. having your little one living on your time clock must be a great challenge.. Hugs.. It really is ok to complain if you need to, to us we will just hold you up when it seams to hard.. just refocus on your goal and face forward,..

Thank you for sharing Michelle.. its helps me to look deeper in my own life to keep motivated and keep going.. flower
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Weeeellll hello all... I have to say I can not seem to get under 185, only that one time when I hit 183 but anyway I'm stuck so I'm hoping to break through this plateau soon. I weighed in this morning and I was at 185.4 which is a .2 ounce actually not even lb loss... Anyway my fast starts next week and I plan to do exercise after breaking it around 9:30pm so I'm hoping this will speed up my weight loss. Funny thing is I can tell I'm losing as my tummy is flat and I can feel my hips and see that I'm losing but I would love to see my weight drop to 140 where I would love to be. It's just 45 more lbs and that really isn't that far of a reach for me to get there. I was hoping by Aug. 18th I would be in the 160 possibly 150 on the higher end of the 150's but right now I cant see losing 30lbs in 5 weeks because of my plateau. Anyway I hope you all are doing well and keep up that Warrior spirit you all have.. Sooner or later the numbers have to fall...
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 pm

I just wonder if the exercise isn't holding you back...I know that sounds strange but it could be true...I really believe that for exercise to have any difference at all is like on the Biggest Loser or on Extreme Make Over where they literally exercise 4 hours a day otherwise I think in terms of weight loss it just causes water retention. I'm not saying it's not good for you....just that I don't think it really helps you lose weight...just a thought! You know I support you all the way no matter what...but I'm not exercising and I haven't even played tennis in weeks b/c it has been too hot. Would you consider not doing any exercise for 7 days and just 5 bite and see if it makes any difference?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:36 am

I agree with Snow honey.. it also can be that due to your changes in sleep paterns and eating schedule can cause your metabolism to miss fire and hold onto fat.. I hope you can move off your plateau.. Suspect Hugs
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

Thank you ladies for you support and suggesting. Next week I start my fasting and I'm thinking of just fasting noooo exercise at all because I don't think I can handle it. I remember the last time I did a low cal diet like Dr. Bernsteins diet they said absolutely no exercise and I lost 35lbs in 2months so I would think it could defiantly be the exercise. The only problem is I love to exercise it's such a stress reliever. Anyway I will take your advice and try and not exercise. My dh asked me every day though did you exercise you need to exercise so I'm not sure what to do there.

Okay so I'm up a 1.4lbs i just realized after typing in the challenge what I ate and I forgot I had a subway veggie sub yesterday for lunch with sub sauce so I'm sure that help with the water retention as well. I also drank 1 diet dr. and 2 coke zeros which I hardly drink soda's but I was craving yesterday. I know I should not be trying to make excuses as to why my weight is up but I'm hoping this is the case. I walked to my bank which was a 40 min round trip walk. If I do any exercise I will just do walking and possibly push ups I do not want to lose my upper arm strength. So I have orientation for my job today so I will be busy.

Food intake so far this morning
b-tea with milk, and 2 cake rust(like biscotti) 240cals
L-nothing just water
d- plan to have 5 bites of pasta salad.

weigh 186.8 up 1.4lbs from 185.4
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:52 pm

You're not making excuses....you're just trying to figure this out...I mean we don't want to be accidentally sabotaging ourselves, right??? I'm with you, pinpoint what you can so you can deal with it. I think walking and push ups are fine, but 40 minutes is too much and in the heat? I would limit to 15 or 20 minutes of walking and 10 or 15 push ups. And when your husband asks you if you exercised, you can confidently answer yes (compared to Snow White, I exercised a lot! Ha!)---Like you said with that other diet, they wanted you to do absolutely no exercise....I really feel this diet is that way too. I think when you start exercising with this diet, your body gets confused and tries to hold onto fat b/c it senses the stress from the exercise aka "being chased by a tiger" and so little food aka "famine." I think this causes your metabolism to slow even more which cause fat to stay put. Does that make sense?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Im with Snow on that honey.. you have so much on your plate.. along with a lack of sleep.. and food.. exercies is so not a good idea right now.. besides walking is exercise.. Wow.. one more week huh.. Cool wow.. How are you doing today with all.. I have 3 crazy kids out side playing in the pool.. small kids pool.. they are having a blast while I bake and clean.. Summer is so much fun for the kids.. I remember when I used to love it.. lol This heat not though..lol

Happy Friday! flower
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:43 am

Morning all,

You will see my weight in the challenge and this is probably going to be more of a repeat of words, but I'm up 4lbs to 190.6 and I know it's due to af but I swear I want to be in the 160s by aug18th. I know it's obtainable but this is simply frustrating me that my body screws me up and makes me depressed enough that I just want to eat the whole frickin house... Anyway I know by next week when she arrives I will be back down to my normal 185 hopefully even less but for this week with my hormones and weight it makes me sad and leaves me feeling hopeless. Oh well chin up butter cup I need to know it's just a set back but God willing it will be back to where I want to be..

So i start my new job next tuesday I will be working every day for the next two weeks to prepare me for the job since I will be leaving for 3weeks they want me ready when I get back so I can just work and they can leave me to it.

Anyway I also have to get my bowels moving they have not moved in 5 days so I will tackle that obstacle tonight with and enema(i know to much info) this is the only thing about the diet I need to work on is putting a higher count of fiber in each bite.

Have an awesome day everyone..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Hello all I did my Monday morning routine and I'm just sick that I have to post a 5lb gain,I know it's Pre AF bloating and water weight but I hate it.. I'm not going to post all my measurements as they really haven't changed much from last week.

But my weight from Last monday

Weight this morning

Exactly 5lbs

B- tea and toast with butter
L- nothing
D- haven't decided

Water, and some walking and upper body exercise.. I'm going to lay off on the running until I get smaller because I think Snow is right it's my bodies way of storing fat as it thinks I'm on the hunt.. Have a good Monday ladies and gents.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

Hello all,, Well I am back down thank God

Weight is 185.0
from 190.6

so 5.6lb loss

Food intake
b-tea and toast
L-not sure
D-not sure

water and walking
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:45 pm

That is great.. You got back down honey.. I am sorry I have not been around.. My husband coming in has kept me busy. Shocked lol

I understand how hard it is to post a gain.. but we all know how Tom can cause bloating.. lol You just keep doing what you are doing and all will fall off.. sunny

Cheers!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 pm

You are doing great! You will make it to your goal....just keep on going! : )))))))))))))))) I gained, too but I'm on my way back down and so are you! : )))))) We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Hey ladies, I'm sorry I've been gone but I started the new job Tuesday and it's kept me busy. I will say this I'm finally back to 183.6 this morning so I'm hoping by monday to be in the 170's. My kids have been really bad, as they are not away from me, my almost 7yr was literally hyperventilating yesterday when I was leaving. She made her self so sick just thinking about me leaving it's crazy. My hubby has been so stressed with them not sleeping, which in turns stresses me out because he is telling me I can't work if it's going to be like this. Anyway it's just frustrating.

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top