A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Journey to a healthier ME!!

Post  Snow White on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 pm

My unsolicited advice here it to not talk to your family or friends about the diet...people just don't understand it. When I am asked, I just say I am reducing processed carbs and doing portion control. Once you have lost all of your weight and they really want to know exactly how you did it, I would tell them then. Right now you need all of your energy focused in a positive way to remain on plan. I have found that if you start talking about it, it opens up a lot of negative conversations and puts you on the defense. My husband knows, but no one else. When the time is right I will have the great reveal!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 am

Hello everyone,

Snow white thanks so much for the advice. My family doesn't really know about the 5 bite they are more concerned with the fasting as they all know we do that every year and every year they complain how unhealthy it is. If they aren't religious they don't understand the fasting process and why we do it.

I felt pretty good yesterday and I ate my first 5 bites around 1130 and then my next 5 at 5:00pm it was pretty feeling and I was good to go.

That's a 1.6lb loss...

Food intake
B- tea with 1% half and half
L- 1/2 a pb&j sandwich and applesauce
D-1 apple, yogurt,

No exercise just kept busy and I'm starving this morning for some reason.. Anyway happy 5 biting all..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:31 pm

I love pbj.. really the best every sandwich.. yummm,.. I am sorry your family and friends are having a hard time working through this.. it is a good place to sit on the outside and just love them as they do this.. You do not owe anyone reasons.... You are doing something to be so respected and you will be. Just smile and say I understand You are having a problem with this.. but I am doing great thank you.. cleansing.. lol

Yay for your starting the challenge honey.. I am on it and doing fine... gluten free crackers and soup day.. Laughing

Have a wonderufl day .. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Debbie I love PBJ's so much so at my first wedding that's one of the finger foods that was served and it was the one that was finished lol. Yay for being on the challenge with us.

Ok so yesterday I didn't eat anything in the morning, however we wen to his uncles home and in there culture it's customary that you eat or they see it as being rude and not liking their food. I did eat but very small portions I really tried to just eat with my little one so it looked as though I was eating a good bit but didn't. So I was really happy with my results this morning. I just wish I could get the rest of this fat off my hips I haven't lost any inches on it in 2 weeks. Here are my results.

Weekly Weigh in
W- 186.6 from 191.2 that's a 4.6lb loss in a week
Bmi 48.5 from 49.2 1.6 % gone
Muscle 30.8 from 30.7 so up .1%
Chest under 35(same) over 38.50 up .50inch
Waist 35(same)
Hips 43(same)

so really no inches lost but my chest went up

Food intake

B- tea with 1% 1/2 and 1/2
L- 3 of chicken breast. 2 bites rice, at least 6 bites salad
D- nothing
Water Water Water

Exercise- none

So my carb's were maybe not hugely low but still less than normal. I'm still happy with the results know that Aunt Flo is on her way by the end of the week, which could be why my breast are a bit swollen. If I could lose another 4-5 lbs this week I will be at 180 possibly 179 to be where I wanted for graduation.

Fasting--I am not fasting today as I didn't get much sleep due to my little one. I swear the doctor took out her good parts and left her bad one's she has been sooooo bad since the surgery. I will most likely fast tomorrow and Thursday then next week I am planning to fast sun, mon, tues I have learned during this month(rahjab islamic calendar) I am suppose to fast those three days up until Ramadan starts in July.

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Yay for pbj at your Wedding.. way to cool.

Being gluten free you are naturally lower carb honey.. rice, corn are the only grains you eat.. the rest like quinio (spelling?) are actually fruit.. lol.. as you are only eating a few bites.. its low carb naturally.. Great Job cheers

Yay for a great day!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Hello all,

I have to say I did not weigh myself this morning out of sheer rushing out the door. My parents are coming in today for my Graduation on Friday. I had to take our car to get serviced and take my daughter to school, and had to pick up her two friends because their mom's car broke down. I woke up, made breakfast, vacuumed and left. I have not eaten anything yet. I plan to have a snickers for lunch and I am making fajita's for dinner so I will have 5 bites of that.

Food intake
B- tea, egg and cheese biscuit
L-nothing
D-nothing
I did drink a coke zero and water the rest of the day.

Exercise running for 30 mins, sit ups push ups plank jacks and burpees so I burnt off my biscuit.

Weight
None to report I will weigh in in the morning.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:31 pm

You go girl.. goodness.. busy busy.. Enjoy your snickers.. Laughing Have a super Run!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Graduation is such a busy time! I'm so proud of you and your weight loss! : ))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Hello All,

My parents arrived yesterday so it's been pretty busy. I am up a couple pounds. I'm sure it's fluid because I ate fajita's and it's had soya sauce which is full of sodium.

B- tea
L- snickers
D- 2 fajita's with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream

188.4 up from 186.6
1.8 gain but I'm hoping to be right back down tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm

You'll get that gain off quick! You're so focused and doing so well! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes you will ... if is not the Nasty salt.. its the Nasty TOM that gets us beauties.. Evil or Very Mad .. No worries though.. put on your Warpaint and kick it to the curb.. Laughing

Cheers.. Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks ladies

So yesterday was so stinking HOT, I told my mom she brought that southern weather up here. I hate the heat that's why I move to the great white north, well aside from my dh being here. Having my parents here has me eating more western food, which is not that good for me as I loooooove it so much, dh is more into his pakistani dishes so it's more healthier and I don't eat it as much. My parents bring a lot of junk with them as well. My house looks like a desert shoppe. I've been staying away from the sweets as much as possible. I had a cheeseburger last night and dh said to try and eat more veggies, he's such a great help in keeping me focused but at times I just feel like he doesn't want me having any good food b/c he thinks I'm going to gain all my weight back in two bites. Anyway I had my cheeseburger which wasn't the lowest of carbs because I did have a bun and I ate 5 tators in the oven with a bit of Ketchup.

Food intake
B-tea a few rusk (120 cals)
L- water, pepsi 0, a coconut cookie (35 calories)
D- cheese burger, and 5 tators in the oven ( bun 180 cals, 34 carbs, shredded cheese 40 cals not sure about the meat's calories)

If I had to guess I would say my calorie intake was at least 800 calories

Exercise, 30 min run, push ups, sit ups, plank jacks and mountain climbers calories burned 492 calories.

Weigh in
187.4 from 188.4
1lb loss but still up.6 of a lb which is nothing. I will exercise again today but leave out the body weight part.

So I have not fasted this week, 1 because it's been super hot and 2 because my parents are here and they just don't get it. I will resume next week once they leave. I was hoping to be at 180 by tomorrow but I didn't make it but at least I'm not 211 that's still a majour accomplishment.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Michelle, you're doing so well! You're right you have to look at how far you've come! We set goals, but sometimes our body has a different idea! We just keep going! Also, it can be tough with the family visiting. Typically when families gather it becomes a food fest! ; )))))) Keep low carbing even if you can't 5 bite it, and you'll do great! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Michelle.. Where in the great white north? I am like you .. I hate the heat.. I already am counting down to fall.. lol.. My daughter loves it though.. when we go to the beach.. I sit under a umbrella and keep covered as I burn really bad.. lol..

While your parents are around it will be really hard to stick to the perfect plan.. just do the best you can.. cheers

Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 am

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have not posted in a couple of days. I've been super busy with my parents and graduations.. I am officially a college graduate and I also have an interview for a job on Tuesday, well I actually have the job she just wants me to come in and see if that store is somewhere I would like to work. It's a job in Loss prevention and part time which is ideal for me when I start my graduate study in Sept. Anyway my food has not been super low carb but I have not been gorging myself on food. I have added a few pounds but I seriously think that's do to Aunt flo as she showed up yesterday and my retaining fluid. So I will do my official weigh in on monday but as of right now I'm still up from 187.4 to 189 this morning. I'm sure it will be lower on Monday but right now it's not and I feel like crap. I can't wait to be strictly back on the diet, but with my parents and all this food it's really hard. My mom did say that she's super proud of me because I have not been eating a ton of food like I normally would.

mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Again.. what a nice picture honey..lovely..

cheers you are done with school.. onto work cheers you did it.. Wahoooooooo!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

The rest in life now is all yours.. you can do anything your heart desires and more.. Great Job..

I think we all need to start again on the challenge .. we are moving on and off a few lbs .. maybe we should all start fresh tomorrow?? I am not sure but why not.. Very Happy

Cheers!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:48 am

Debbie thanks so much for your kind enthusiasm it's wonderful. I am done with school for the moment, I plan to go back in Sept. for a graduate study but I have to go look at a store that has asked me if I would come and see if I would like working at that store, which is great that I know I have a job if I want it. How awesome is that to be offered a job with never even meeting this woman, I was pre-screened at a job fair at my school.

Okay so for my Monday weigh in I have gained weight, which i knew I would, due to aunt flo. I hate that but oh well it's life.

My eating habits have not been the best but I have not been binging.

Weekly Weigh in
Weight: 191.6 up from 186.6 for that 5lb gain
BMI 49.2 up from48.5 up 1.3%
Muscle 30.7 down from 30.8 so.1% loss
Chest: under 35.5 up .5 from 35. over 39 up .5 from 38.5
Waist 36 up 1 in from 35
Hips 43.5 up .5 from 43

So weight gain 5bls
inches up 4.9 inches

so this was a gain in every way inches and weight.

Yesterday I did exercise and I plan to do so today as well.

So far no food. I'm going back to my 5 bite. If I can't stick to the diet with family here, how am I ever going to be able to lose weight if I'm temped by every situation. Anyway here's to a new day and hopefully back down to the 180's next monday.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Michelle you are doing great! And not binging is something to be celebrated! We're taking this in baby steps here and that's good b/c it means that we will make lasting changes. Anyone can change for the moment, but that's not what we're trying to do here, right?

The 180s are a killer...I mean this weight just wants to linger around. I think our bodies are starting to realize that we are really doing this...we are really making some changes and now our bodies have started making some changes too in an attempt to compensate for what we are doing with our food intake. Eventually it will level off and we will have the breakthroughs we want and deserve. This process has taught me that you really have to monitor your weight. It's a lot easier to lose 5 pounds than it is to lose 80 pounds. Once I reach my goal, I'm going to stay there no matter what b/c this is just so hard to keep sustaining for such a long period.

I, too am making poor choices and being tempting at events and our Friday night Mexican dinners. But this must stop if I'm going to reach my goal. I have to stop this cycle b/c seriously in America there is a food fest holiday for every month of the year except August and one of my son's birthdays is in August, so there you go...a "reason" to eat crazy at least once month for the entire year...and then throw in all the birthdays, the anniversary, and we have a lot of showers for people at work aka a food fest, and we even have a full out pot luck buffet at work once month for no reason at all!!!! All of this is part of why I think America has such a problem with obesity. I know it has contributed to mine!!! What to do, though?????
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm

You two are so correct.. Micheller you are doing so great with all you have been going through.. you will find your nitch fast now..

Girls I must tell you the only diet that worked for me and I have kept my loss off all this time was Weight Watchers.. but old plan.. this one is the best ever drop 10 in a few days when you need to.. but for me to lose 87lbs its gonna take a bit longer...

yay for getting back on plan..for us all! Have a super day you!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Michelle, where are you? We are dropping like flies around here!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Snow white I'm here just been super busy and haven't weigh in my machine needs batteries. My parents just left yesterday and today was busy because it's a long weekend here in Canada. It's our independence day on July 1st. Sorry to scare ya but I'm here just haven't had time to post in a couple of days. I've also been under the weather with a cold so I've been hitting the bed early.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 am

Hope you feel better... and that your scale feels better, too.

Have a Great Weekend! Happy Holiday!!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am

Michelle.. Happy Canada Day..well on the 1st that is.. lol We are going to a bbq then to fireworks..what are you up to?
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks Marc, I have been doctoring up so I'm much better today.

Debbie back at ya, we are not really doing much this weekend. We are going to be bbq on Monday. I will most likely not eat anything because I will be fasting on monday.

Okay so I wrote this big response over on the challenge board so I will spare you here. I will say that Ramadan starts around the 19th so my plans are still to fast a few days here and there up to the date it starts. My plan will change a bit as my 5bites will be around 2am and my second 5 bite will be at 9pm so it will be pretty stretched out. My plan for fasting is a bowl of oatmeal and cup of tea along with a glass or two of water. Break my fast with water and a date then eat 5 bites of something.

So I weighed in at 190.0 this morning so I plan a 3 day fast as we are suppose to do sunday, monday, tuesday and then the rest of the week we do not fast so that's my plan this week. Hopefully it will jump start my weight loss again due to the fact I've been eating more.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi honey,

I did purchased my Jeep she is a beauty,.. thank you.. Nina and I are doing great and My Husband will be here in 14 days.. Wow.. so great..with the 28lb loss I have had so fare sinse he last saw me I am sure it will shock him..lol..Maybe I can get another 2 lbs off to make it a even 30.. Very Happy

Wow you are so inspiring.. fasting here and there preparing for the big days of Ramadan.. Great job girl. Your girls must be happy to be free from school to enjoy their summer vacation. Are you going anywhere this summer?

You will get to your goal with your great focus honey bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top