Kalliopikat's Journal

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kalliopikat's Journal

Post  Kaliopikat on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

Hi there, got home way too late last night, just went straight to bed.

YESTERDAY:
B- coffee
L- Banana
D- 5B Munster cheese and Pastrami...and then my friends wanted to go out after the wine class, and ended up eating a couple of small ribs.

It was fun evening, so I don't care too much. One thing I have learned this week is that if I focus on eating a light lunch or even no lunch, I feel MUCH better, and seem to do better at dinner with controlling food. I think it's all mental. Of course, I didn't do fantastic at dinners this week, but I've been out a lot more than normal, and for the next few days I have nothing planned out w/friends, so I want to test my theory out Fri, Sat Sun, and hopefully keep it up from there. Food is evil. It's like you allow yourself one tasty bite, and body freaks out you want more more more...must be that stupid hunter gatherer in each of that people keep talking about.

Today new day. Ribs were fairly lousy last night, wish they'd been super good, but on the really dry side. Wine class was very fun, it was a nice, fun young guy doing it...quite cute with a nice Chilean accent, and most of us were nice people there, so it was fun. One guy was an ass, but there always has to be one, it seems. Learned a lot, actually. I'm clueless about wine, just know what I like, but can't really tell you why. lol.

Yes, I'm not a housewife or mom. I was married for 10 years, but we never had children. Divorced 14 years ago. I know people always say you want what you can't have, but I do wish I'd had a family and things had worked out better as far as married life, but oh well, that's how the ball bounces. I am grateful for my peaceful life, my job, and do totally enjoy my freedom. Haven't met the right person, so if you all have found him...you're lucky. : )

Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:46 pm

And I guess you're not going to find Mr. Right at the police station! Most of them are probably already married anyway. It's good that you are getting and meeting new people like at the wine tasting. But if you're happy with your life and it sounds like you are, I would just enjoy being happy and not try to push yourself into something you think society or your parents expect. People can live very happy, sometimes more happy on their own. : )))))))))))))))))) Sounds like you had a great time at the wine tasting and that sounds like something I would really enjoy, too! : )))))))))))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks, Snow White. Yes, I appreciate every day what I have. I went from no peace when married, to very peaceful and I love it. I would only remarry if I could find someone on the same page as me, so I'm in no hurry, that's for sure.

I have to write early today because I don't want to screw up again. Getting tired of this...! I'm feeling nervous today because I have nothing to do really except clean my house, so have to focus on NOT eating past the rules. lol.

B- coffee w/a little half/half. I decided today that I don't want to give up the half/half. Plain coffee is so dull to me, and a drop of half/half makes it SO much more happy for me, so there you go. I know it's against the rules...but I'm ok w/that.
L- Most of a Snikers bar, minus a small bite from last night.
D-Ate the sausage and mustard. But also 2 slices of provolone and a bit of ham. I kept calories under 1000 today, so ok.
Exercised for 15 mins jogging on trampoline, a bit of weights.

Overall, not unhappy with the day.

Hope you are all had a very happy Friday.
Kat

Last edited by Kaliopikat on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Kat I second what snow white said. I was married 10year divorced and remarried, not that I don't love my hubby but I would NEVER marry again I just feel like being a lone with my kids is a lot more peaceful. Good luck tonight with dinner.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Ok.. really.. I third it loves.. I have been married for 12yrs and I live in Canada while my husband lives in our house in Germany.. We can not seam to get it going on in the same country.. shame really.. he is moving here in the next 20 months and I have to say I am not so sure I want him to.. as I love my peace.. my daughter and I have a really great day always.. Good for you for knowing what you want and sticking to it!

Wine is sooooooooooooooooooo good.. drunken yum.. glad you enjoyed it!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Kat, what time do you eat lunch usually? Could you try pushing it back a little later to make waiting for dinner easier? Also, is there something zero calorie that you could have between dinner and bedtime like a beverage that you don't usually have that could be just for that time...something to look forward to maybe. Diet root beer, club soda w/lemon or lime & splenda, diet cherry 7up? Something without caffeine or a 5 calorie sugar free lemon drop or life saver?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 am

Hi...wow, thanks for the relationship comments from all of you. You make me appreciate even more what I have, thank you! The reminders from all of you is very very good for me. : )

Yes, pushing lunch back does seem to work better for me. I failed today, actually had it at 11 am Embarassed , but have kept myself out of the house & busy all day since. So tonight I will try the 6 pm dinner goal. And my "sausage & mustard" chant seems to be working, I want to stop there.

I'm not a big soda drinker, but when at work, I make myself drink a diet root beer, like you suggest, and you're right, that is incredibly filling. Someone on another journal said something about the bubbles...impressive!

Anyway, here's to a good night to all of us! : )
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:49 pm

I never ever drank any kind of soda's untill I found out about my condition.. Now I drink even more since coming here.. for sure it keeps me feeling a bit fuller longer.. lol.. Never would have thought I would drink it.. but hey.. geek it just works!

I hope you had a much better day on plan today! flower
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 am

Hi All,

I did TERRIBLE this weekend. Just awful. I'm sorry, but I'm going to stop for a few weeks, try something I had thought about, but hadn't actually tried. I'll check back in here and there, see how you're all doing. You are such a wonderful bunch of women, I wish you all the best both in weight loss, and with everything else you're all dealing with. I have to try this other thing to get it out of my system, but I'm sure I'll be back. I'm just so disgusted w/myself! I know you all know how I feel.

Keep up the excellent work, Kat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 am

Dear Kat,

Sorry you are having such a hard time..bless you girl while you go into your next journey...please do check in you will be missed for sure. If you need a friend to chat with you can email me at ElleBella1@gmail.com any time.. Hugs.. take care.. flower
Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Kat, good luck to you on your new journey. Do stay in touch so we can see your success.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 am

Thank you, Michelle and Debbie, I will. : )
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm

((((((((((( Big Hugs)))))))))))))))))!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Wow! I'm disappointed! You will be missed...it will be harder without you! Good luck and come back soon! : ))))))) You could always up the bites to something that is more do-able for you....just a thought. : )))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top