Alexis' 5-bite Journey

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alexis' 5-bite Journey

Post  mommieof2 on Sat May 19, 2012 11:20 am

Alexis, I'm in with you and snow white, let's get it done... I wish I could eat those LC meals but I can only eat the veggie ones we can eat the meats from the stores, we get ours from a meat market because it's (Halal/Kosher). I would be 600lbs literally if I could be eating at Mcdonalds, burger king, chick fila, toco bell, trust me most of my fat comes from cereals, sweets, and chips, of course due to over eating. We eat a lot of Asian and Middle Eastern foods in our house. We cook everything so that's why my food intake is so boring with the sandwiches and yogurts because it's easier for me to keep up with my bites and calories. Anyway back to you.. Awesome job on the game plan and sticking to it. I can't wait to see what your weight is monday I know it will be a good number.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!

Post  Alexis2012 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:33 pm

OMG!!!!

239lbs today gals (and lurking gents lol).

Just to be sure I weighed myself 3 times lol. I was scared to death that it was a fluke but my scale is always reliable but sometimes I am still in shock. The weirdest thing is that this is exactly what happened last weekend. I was down 10 241 and then BAM the next day I was 239lbs. I hope this is my body (and the universe's) way of giving me a much needed second chance to get it right. I am so motivated to NOT MESS UP this weekend.

I also re-read some of snow whites first journal pages again this morning. I forgot all her good tips from her experience and from the Dr. and needed a refresher lol.

Alright, we are really getting this done. Mommieof2 had some good news this morning too after some slow losing days. Clearly our weekend is off to a good start.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sat May 19, 2012 4:14 pm

bounce bounce cheers cheers bounce bounce That's Awesome Alexis, I do hope that it is you bodies way of thanking you for giving it 5 bites and nothing but fat is going to be melting off you in the following weeks to come.. This is GREAT motivation to keep going..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Half way through the day

Post  Alexis2012 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks mommieof2. I was super excited when I got on the scale this morning.

Well I had some very tempting moments today, but I am so proud of myself for just walking away. I took a stroll through the green market on my way to the park and it was FILLED with yummy stuff. I bought some strawberries and yogurt for one of my 5 bites (5 tablespoons). I did slip and have a taste of 3 tiny pieces of potato chips that I wanted to buy for my family. I bought the bag and just watched my daughter devour it up. It took everything in me not to make 5 potato chips my 5 bites LOL. I knew I'd be starving all day if I did that. I also had a sip of some juice I was interested in buying. I realized today that before 5 bites that stroll through the market that we usually do every weekend could have easily been 20 BITES between all the tasting, sampling, and nibbling on "healthy goodies". As healthy and organic as it all is, there is still calories and a lot of calories in the treats. Wow, I got a good look at just how my calorie count gets so high without my noticing.

I hope everyone is doing well. The day is almost done. We can do this.

B: nothing
L: I am not hungry yet but it will be 5 spoons of straight off the farm vanilla yogurt with fresh huge strawberries pieces.
D: not sure. Probably an LC since I haven't cooked.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm

I am sooooooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I know that must have felt fabulous this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on going, girl you are on a roll now!!!!!!!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 am

Ok, I am about to have my last set of 5-bites now. I waited till very late to minimize possible binge. I feel so FANTASTIC about surviving today and there is nothing in the fridge to wake up during the night to eat LOL.

I was getting a lil antsy so I decided to watch a movie until dinner time and it worked. I think there was a list around here about what to do when you just want to eat but know u either already ate or need to wait out. I did drink a diet pepsi though. It's weird because I was never a soda drinker (regular or diet) since I don't like fizz. I bought some yesterday to help me through the weekend lol. I was serious about being on the offensive this time. Weekends always ruin diets for me because I am usually a little depressed about my weight on the weekend cuz that's when people invite me to stuff and I have to look for things to wear that don't make me looK AS fat and all of that just frustrates me. It's all getting better though. Those things usually bother me more when I am not dieting since I usually feel worse if I am not actively working on being smaller.

Alright, guys, thanks for the support. It means the world to me that you take time out to drop me a line or two and read all of my silly and sometimes long posts.

Update: I had my 5-bites and brushed my teeth, took my shower, and changed to PJ's. I am mentally trying to change the snacking all night habit that I've had since middle school lol. I think it's working though. Brushing teeth was also on the list lol.

Last edited by Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add an update)
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 am

Alexis, you are a precious person and it makes me very sad to hear about the stress you go under trying to find something to wear for your weekend occasions. It makes me think that no one ever really knows what other people go through...I mean the private battles and struggles that each person faces. It makes me want to just stop and reflect on the fact that we should treat all people with the utmost kindness and understanding b/c we never really know what a person in really going through in their private life. Being overweight is one of the hardest challenges in life. If we were heroin addicts we could just remove ourselves from that culture and that would help overcome a lot of struggles. Not with our problem, we must come face to face with food at least twice a day for the rest of our lives and learn to deal with it in a better way. But we will and all of this will be over soon! Keep going and we'll get there together and we'll do things differently as we move forward and enter the next chapter of our lives: the Skinny Chapter!!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:23 am

Alexis I couldn't agree more with Snow White.. People truly do not know the struggles, we as over weight people feel. I will say this every pound whether it be 10 lbs over weight or 310lbs over weight we all feel that insecurity. I have a lot of addiction that runs in my father's side and I always say I'm thankful that I'm not addicted to drugs, alcohol,but sometime my addiction feels worse as I am addicted to food and this diet is truly helping me to see that I don't need it to be happy. The feeling of being thin whether it's just in my mind or actually because I'm losing weight is what is keeping me straight and on the path, even with our slip ups its not like we have destroyed all of our hard work as the calories are still lower.

I'm very proud of the way you have handled your weekend, thinking of things to keep your mind occupied to keep away from those extra bites. You are doing awesome and I'm sure the scale will show that. I hope you found or find a great bra. I have told my dear hubby that I am fixing the girls once my weight drops to where I want it, it's horrible to feel so self conscious about my girls even with the weight loss I hate the way they look and that's the only thing I think can make me feel better about them.

I bet you look amazing in your clothes, you just feel like you don't and now that your losing weight it as to feel great to be comfortable in them. Keep up the great work and we will finish this journey all together..
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks so much snow white and mommieof2. Your posts was like a big cyber hug and I really needed that. Another thing that I am realizing for the first time in my life is that I am losing "real weight". I am not using a "trick" that I will have to do for the rest of my life. When I was on Zero carb (all meat not low carb) I was losing fast and a lot but with each passing day I grew fearful that if one carb made it's way into my mouth it would all be over. Of course when one carb did make it into my mouth, a ton of others followed and all my weight was back on prob in a few months tops. Low carb I do generally believe in and think it can be very sustainable. Zero cab; however, was too extreme and not sustainable (for me at least).

With this way of eating I feel as if I am learning more and more about how to PREVENT this kind of massive weight gain in the future. I feel stronger as the days pass and wiser. I think as an overweight person we usually know the most about weight gain and it's a scary scary thing to have our lives manipulated by weight loss scams and gimmicks over and over again. We never know who to really trust and spend $$$$ trying to get much needed help only to be swindled at times. When I heard the Dr. speak I was so impressed because he pretty much spelled out the ENTIRE plan in the video. He isn't selling supplements, drinks, bars, etc. His bar is a snickers bar LOL. Anyway, I am pretty much just saying that I am finding a big self-esteem and confidence boost from low calorie versus other "plans".

Ok so drum roll please....238lbs. In inches I went from 43.5 waist to 42 and in my lower abdomen (the spare tire) I went from 46 to 44! I really strongly urge everyone to take measurements. Those are the only two I am following. Too busy to check everything else and I mostly care about that dang spare tire lol.

One more day until Monday. Let's make full use of our last weekend day.

Last edited by Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add inches update.)
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun May 20, 2012 3:03 pm

238!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Stay strong today and good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! : ))))))))))))))) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks snow white!! So it's 5PM and it might even be safe to say that the day went SUPER and we are past the binge time. I am feeling good about the weekend so far.

L: 5 bites of a ham and cheese sandwich (I finished the half my daughter didn't eat) 2 diet cokes (i am so creating a habit and I don't even like any kind of soda. not good)
D: hmmmm... I forgot to defrost chicken so I was thinking some rice and veggies. We'll see. My daughter wants mac and cheese and since she has a cold today I might give in. If so, I'll have an LC. The chinese food dishes have been calling my name. hmm, maybe I'll order chinese food and eat the real thing. So many options lol.

I hope everyone is doing well so far. Stay strong.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Alexis, that's Awesome 238 and the inches lost is the greatest part. I am proud of you handling your weekend so well. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holdsm I feel the best way to know your losing weight is to measure. My weight goes up and down so much that inches is the best way to note your weight lose. Keep up the great work Alexis.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Mon May 21, 2012 4:11 am

What I want to remember for this week (again) lol.

Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat on Mon May 21, 2012 9:10 am

Good job, Alexis!
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:14 pm

238lbs this morning. I am happy with that. My 1 goal this morning was just to stay at 239lbs so this is a bonus.

It's another week and another chance to get farther ahead in our journey to Skinny Land.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Way to go Alexis.. You went past your goal so yay for you... I like you list as well.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm

thanks, mommieof2 and Kalliopikat!! I feel fantastic today and think I've got some good momentum going.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 am

Hi all:

I hope everyone is doing well. Today went well despite some serious temptations at the job. There was a goodbye celebration with a cake that I just couldn't pass up lol.

L: 5 bites heavenly cake (this left me starving a couple of hours later btw but it was worth it)
D: I was in the mood for an omelet so I made a cheesy, mexican, type dish with some salsa. It totally hit the spot. No LC dinner tonight!

I really hope the scale has some good news for me tomorrow. I drank tons of water today because I realize that with the diet cokes I haven't been drinking as much water. Someone at work today commented on my sagging slacks. Of course I pretended to be totally shocked, but secretly I was GRINNING from ear to ear on the inside lol.

Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 am

Hey, Alexis! Your omelet sounds yummy! I have been craving pancakes for dinner...maybe tomorrow! : ))))) Congrats on the baggy pants! : )))))))) That is a wonderful feeling! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 am

Alexis,

Yay for the bagging pants. I think it's awesome that your hard work is paying off. Keep up the good work.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Good morning all:

I am not feeling so HOT today lol. I either have bad seasonal allergies today or a yucky cold. I am not which one because I never had allergies until this year so I am still figuring out what it looks like exactly. Last time I was able to take some claritin-D and get some relief. I'll get that today and see what happens. For now I feel like I want to be in bed under the covers ASLEEP.

B: coffee - just needed something to energize me
L: I made that yummy omelet again but forgot to add the salsa (grrr).
D: who knows.

My appetite is gone because I have this awful scratchy throat and can barely breath with a stuff nose. My only worry today is that my 5-bite resolve might be hampered lol. I may see some chocolaty delight and think "what the heck, I feel sucky, why not?" lol. However, I will try to avoid that because I have learned that eating dessert/non-nutritious foods in an attempt to make a sick body feel better is a BAD IDEA. I usually feel twice as bad afterwards and then guilty for my indulgence. TOday is a long day for me and I will have back to back clients pretty much from 2:00 PM -7:00 PM and then be on my way home. I hope I'll be too busy to warp on this allergy/cold stuff.

Scale said 239lbs ( Razz Razz Razz ) sucks seeing old numbers but it's what I get for weighing every.single.day even though I promise myself I wont lol. Alright hope all is well with everyone.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Tue May 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Alexis, ((((Hugs)))) I sure wish you well. I think allergy season this year is going to be bad all over North America. Everyone in my family has allergies(hubby, and daughters) I am starting to have some allergies when out side to long. I'm not sure how I developed them but oh well. I hope it's not a cold. I hear ya on the weighing yourself, I keep saying that to myself but I know MONDAYS are my true weigh in and I'm happy with the 3lbs I've been losing each week. Look at it this way you are out of the 240 into the 30's and before long you will be out of the 200's time and perseverance is the Key... Get well.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Just wanted to post something I read last night that I found motivational. It's about low-carb and atkins the second time around. We are not on low-carb, but I still visit the sites since Low Carb will always have my heart so to speak lol. I highlighted what I found most important to remember. Whwerever it says "Atkins" just substitute for "5-bites" lol.

"It's important to be reasonable and realistic as we deal with this sometimes frustrating and often confusing part of losing weight.

How long did it take?
It took me 9 months to go from 188 to 218. 9 months. 30 lbs. That's about 3.5 lbs per month. I'm now losing about 1 lb per week. I'd guess that I will be losing about 3 lbs per month, perhaps 4. The same rate I gained. That is very reasonable. We should not expect to lose faster than
we gained, necessarily.

"Body Memories"
It is a known fact that for many of us, our bodies will shed weight up to a point, then "pause" at a given point on the scale for up to 2 weeks. The theory is that our bodies get used to a certain weight, and will hang out there for awhile, because it is comfortable. I know that when I started last time, I hovered around 200 lbs for about 3 or 4 weeks, and that 200 had been a place where I'd been for several years before I got my act together and started Atkins. The same thing happened at around 192. I think it is happening to me now at about 207, because for several months, this was where I stuck before popping up to 218.
At first, I just gained about 4 lbs, to 192. Then I went up to 197. Then 204. Then 210. Then 218. It wasn't a pound a day, or even a pound a week. It was jumps like that. I expect the same thing on the way back down.

Inches, Inches, Inches
In addition to figuring how much we gained back, we should be able (if we measured the first time around) to figure out how many INCHES we gained back. I just checked my MyBodyComp.com measurements for the last time I measured last August. I had gained 51.47 inches by June 20. (OY Vey! 30 lbs, but 51.47 inches? That's disgusting!)
Before you get depressed, check how many inches you've lost so far. I personally have lost over 30 inches as of today. That's MORE than half of the inches I had gained!
So I may "only" have lost 11 of the 30 lbs I gained (about 1/3), but I have lost HALF of the inches I gained! Who could complain about THAT?

Atkins is about more than the scale
We know this, because we've done this woe before, but it's important to keep reminding ourselves. Atkins is about fundamentally changing our relationship with food. It is about gaining a relationship with our bodies that we haven't had before. It is about hydrating our bodies (and I don't know about you, but I would go an entire day before, not drinking more than maybe a cup of water) to allow them to work more efficiently and rid ourselves of toxins. It is about exercising our muscles and the heart. It is about getting energy that allows us to do WAY more than we could before. It is about FEELING good, not just looking good.
Whether you are losing slowly or quickly this time around, you should be experiencing all of those things. Just check this forum. We may not all be drinking a full gallon of water a day, but we are consuming vast quantities. We ma not all be running marathons, but we are all working out more than before. We may not all be taking the supplements that others do, but by virtue of eating all these veggies, we're getting better nutrition than before.

The bottom line

First, you cannot eat at or around your bmr, with less than 20 grams of carbs and a high fat and protein percentage, and not lose weight. It's just not possible. So whether you are losing slowly or a lot, you are losing.

Second, inches count more than pounds. We all know this because we are doing the Tape Measure Challenge.

Third, losing weight is not like going from popping popcorn on the burner with the old Jiffy Pop thing to popping popcorn in the microwave (way faster!). Losing weight is the same as gaining. A pound at a time.

Fourth, and most important, a person who gets into ketosis, exercises, and drinks water is going to feel a whole lot better than a person who doesn't. Happier, more energetic, and healthier. And that's where we are. The weight is a lovely side-effect, and whether it is slow or fast, it's still lovely!"

Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue May 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Alexis, I hope you feel better soon! At least since you're so busy at work you won't have time to think about eating...this is a good thing. I'm a teacher and Friday is my last day and then all I will be able to think about is all the food I want to eat!

You know I like to weigh myself everyday even if some days I am retaining water or whatever...it encourages me to drink more water or try not to eat super salty food for both meals. When I gain I can usually pinpoint a real reason for why. You are in the 230s and you are not going back to the 240s and this is a great thing!!!!! : ))))) Don't forget that your body and your mind are fighting a great war right now and to be victorious we must be valiant warriors!!!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 on Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks mommieof2 and snow white for all your encouraging words.

Everything you have said is right on point. All in all, I feel pretty good. The new top I bought last week is really loose on me today (kind exposing my cleavage more though - oops lol). I am in this for the long haul. I think everyday I try to remember that I started at 253lbs and even with some slips I've only gone back up 4 pounds (which I quickly lose again) that alone is amazing. I've only ever LOST & GAINED and I usually spend half the year losing or staying the same consistently with no gains whatsoever as outrageous as that seems. Then that is followed by a year of just throwing in the towel and gaining consistenty until I am back where I started or even worse - up by an additional 20lbs.

This is my first journey where I have had to deal with the UPS & the DOWNS of weight loss and I must say that it has made me a much stronger person. I now understand that it's a WAR and everyday battles are won or lost but the war wages on even after we get to goal. I can't tell you what a difference that has made in my confidence on this journey. This has taught me to handle myself with gentler gloves during slips. I mean just think about it, we lose 5 pounds (255 to 250), put back on 2 (252), lose 3 more (249) and so on and so on. Overall the trend is losing and we are consistently lower than where we started. That is amazing to me because in these last 4 weeks I would have probably ended up at 260 and be more miserable and depressed. I think I understand now that it's a lifetime battle with weight. period. end of story. We have to win more battles than we lose and keep that up FOREVER. That's just fact. That, for some reason, is settling for me because at least I know what I am in for and can prepare for that.

Ok, weird emotional rant over (blame the allergies lol). Let's make it another great day. I have so much respect for your ladies for wagging the war and coming back time after time to get even closer to goal. I am truly inspired.
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top