The 'Skinny' on getting skinny

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 'Skinny' on getting skinny

Post  thins-in on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:13 am

Hey guys

So I'm currently on day 4 but decided I needed to start being accountable for my self, my eating habits and my weight loss so I thought I would give you a low down on my last few days some successes and some set backs but I'm pretty happy with how I'm going (I have a tendency to give up on days 2 and 3!)

I knew for awhile I had been putting weight on but chose to turn a blind eye to it cause let's face it....I love food just way to much but I found myself in my bathroom sunday looking down on the scales pretty horrified I was up to 69.10 kgs (152ish pounds? ...this is the heaviest I have EVER been) and decided that enough is enough I had to fix this and fast. I had tried this diet before but never got past day 3 but this time was different I didn't have a choice I had to make it work and started. Not sure

And this is what I have been eating...

Day one:
B: I grabbed a diet red bull (red bull is my vice so I switched to sf hoping its the same as diet cola?)
L: decided first two days to stick with a snickers for lunch to get into the swing of things
D: home made chicken burrito didn't pack much in so It would be 5 bite worthy

Day two:
B: sugar free red bull
L: snickers
D: 5 bites butter chicken and rice
(confession: did have a slight binge about 4.30 i was starving and my monthy visitor decided to arrive early which I was not happy about (not sure if this has anything to do with a drastic change in my diet...anyone had a similar experience ? ) And my darling boyfriend was eating a delicious chicken roll in my face and I may have stole a bite...or two and felt really really guilty

Day three: feeling pretty average spent most of the day lounging In bed
B: water
L: another 5 bite burrito
D: was ment to be only 5 bites of a homemade burger, but I'm ashamed to admit food got the better of me and I finished it (was probably 7 or 8 bites and all really healthy ingredients:lean mince, lettuce, tomato, pineapple beetroot etc so felt guilty but not so mad at myself

Day four:
B: sf red bull
L: half a penut butter sandwich no crust
D: not this far yet but will be 5 bites butter chicken and rice.

So that's been my journey so far hasn't been perfect but I am feeling pretty happy and down 2 kilos which is always nice! Although I am aware my slight binges may have set back my hunger stat slightly but it's about this time of the afternoon I start to get ravenous and I feel good so who knows but the ball is in motion and that's all that matters xx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Skinny' on getting skinny

Post  insanity on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Nice loss so far! I also have a tough time once a month. For me, it's the week or so before. I turn into a ravenous beast, I can't think about anything but food. It's awful! I hope to eventually figure out how to overcome the hormones or whatever it is. Keep up the good work!
insanity

Back to top Go down

back and taking a pledge

Post  thins-in on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello my lovelies!

so...i'm back and as much as i would like to list off excuses as to why i didn't meet my goals and why i am heavier then before aren't my fault (magical elves put all my clothes in the dryer and shrunk them, i developed a love affair for ben and jerry's, wine and cheese or my loved ones just didn't understand my diet or my goals) or i can face the truth my willpower got the better of me for almost 12 months and stand up and finally take the action required to feel happy, healthy and proud that i put an end to the cycle. so here i am restarting my mission and posting it all online so i can get what i have always wanted but have lost sight of a few times. So my stats as of Wednesday 6th of February 2013 is 72.2 kilograms or 159 pounds and 175cm or 5'7?.

I will be 56 kilograms or 123.45 pounds at the end of my journey, no longer will i accept poor excuses or losing sight of what i want more then an entire tub of chunky monkey or any other frenemies that will inevitably try and stand in my way including the judgements and opinions of those around me.

I have not yet decided how regularly i will weigh in but i will jump on and share whats on my plate with you all (hopefully) everyday to celebrate, to encourage and most importantly to share in our last weight battles. It is now or never and it is our time to shine.

so after all the rambling let's get into the details of day one,
B- A Large skinny flat white no sugar or sweetner
L- 5 bites of a chicken and salad roll
between lunch and dinner i have a cherry coke zero (brand new and only for a short time in Australia so enjoying it while it is on my shelves!)
D- 5 bites of icecream cake (it is my grandpa's birthday i managed to skip actual dinner and join in for the cake, whilst i am a little hungry now i am still happy with my decision it made me feel a lot more included in the celebration of another birthday!)

surprisingly today went past really smoothly and up until maybe 30 minutes ago not one minute today did i feel hungry (even if my tummy yelled at me to say otherwise) but i also know the plan states black coffee only but i really can't handle black coffee so i am not sure if i should try and kick the habit entirely or if no fat milk can be passed? i think today went a lot more smoothly then i thought because i have tried to reduce calories for a few days prior before finally deciding that 5bd is my best and only real choice to not only meet my goals but also get to them as soon as i can.

I hope that if you are still reading this i didn't bore you too much and you had a great and successful day what ever day of your diet you are on!

lots of love,
Kaila xx

thins-in

Back to top Go down

Welcome back!

Post  120-4life on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi Kaila,

So nice to have you join us again! I love your resolutions and the affirmation "it is our time to shine!" Yes, it is! Good work on your first day's food choices. We CAN do this one day at a time.

Are you sure 123 lbs is your ideal weight at 5'7"? My understanding is 135 lbs. is ideal for that height.

Hugs,

Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Welcome back.. glad to see you again. Nice picture of you. I think 1 cup of coffee or tea with a bit of milk is no harm.. I have had no problem with losing when I am on plan with it.. you will have to see how it works in your system Very Happy

Cheers! Great on plan day.. Debbie
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

yeah welcome back
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hey Guys,

Another successful day for me and this time around the first two days have been quite manageable (not sure what it comes down to "trying to be good" for a few days prior, being crazy busy or my motivation drowning all the negatives out) the hunger can be maintained and blocked out this time i am satisfied after my 5 bites but the habit of the 6th, 7th, 8th, 100th bite and those around me having an opinion on how much i am eating.. blah blah blah (has anyone else realised just how much people watch what you eat since doing this diet?) but figuring that out early and working on getting past that each and every day can only lead me to success!

Also I have decided i will try and weigh myself twice a week on a wednesday and sunday mornings so i can get a good idea of how i am going with the diet but without overdoing the weigh ins.

so heres what food from today...

B- a regular coffee made on skinny (no fat) milk
L- a chicken and avocado sushi hand roll and a coke zero
D- 5 bites of indian chicken curry with rice

A few things that made me happy today.. discovering a hand roll sushi is the perfect 5 bite size, this will probably become a staple for lunches for 2 reasons, 1 i LOVE sushi and enjoying having something at lunch time that feels fresh and wholesome (as much as i love chocolate previously on 5 bite i have felt a tad strange eating a chocolate bar for lunch some times) and 2 which sort of adds on from eating something kinda 'real' if that makes sense is that i also enjoy eating something that is the perfect size so no wastage or left over temptations (i know the dr said to just get rid of any left overs from a normal sized food but i just feel so wasteful!) and the second thing that made me happy was taking my bites at dinner and stopping, finishing my glass of water and moving away and feeling completely happy and satisfied and not wanting to snack, feeling confident i wont be tempted my snacking usually happens within the 1st hour of eating dinner and i have almost passed it with no urges Smile.

Little wins like this in the long run seem so small and relatively insignificant but all the little wins do add up to the big win. hope everyone else's day went smoothly (or goes smoothly if you are on the other side of the world!) i would also like to say thanks for welcoming me back and being so positive looking forward to celebrating the big wins with you all whenever they arrive! Smile

Lots of Love, Kaila x

Ps Lucille, my calculations may be out i am not used to the pounds thing and quite frankly they confuse me! hahah but i have looked on a few different bmi calculators and they are different on what is the healthy range, but most of the ones i have used/seen say that the 56ish kilogram range (is that about 124lbs?) is the tip of 18.5 healthy bmi which is what i am aiming for however once i get down around 60kg/130lbs i will just be assessing from then as to what weight i will stop at/is the right fit for me without being too skinny (won't that be nice to be able to flirt with that idea)! Smile xx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Celebrate on girl.. that will get you to goal so fast. I do not have the problem of anyone and my meals.. I just say I am done and sit back and enjoy every one else in conversation as they eat. I guess some of my friends think what is she up to .. but hey this is my journey and I do not sweat it!! lol.. you are doing so fab.. you should be proud all the way!!! bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Love your post today!

Post  120-4life on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 am

Kaila, what a great success day - looks like big successes to me with being in charge of your choices and not letting anything sway you away from your goal. Good job! Cool You'll reach your goal in record time at this rate! I'm glad to hear you will stop at the right fit for you without being too skinny. My mother instinct takes over sometimes and I apologize if that happens sometimes.
I'm going to do the same and see if I need to stop short of the 120 when I get to that point.

You sound like you 're confident about this being the right thing for you to do for yourself and can stand up for that. I guess people are curious and it makes for an interesting conversation topic when we are eating this way. I find it fun to see their reactions and it makes me laugh out loud. I think if we're confident about what we're doing and just allow them their reactions without having to defend ourselves, people will respect that. And in time the results will speak for themselves.

hugs,

Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:11 am

Hey Guys,

thank you for your cheers ( and mothering lucille Smile ) i enjoy my daily reflections on my day and i really think it's helping me be so confident in what i am doing and sticking to it (here is hoping you don't mind me being so god damn ramblely and long winded...can you tell i never shutup? hahah. I am fighting a bit of a battle of if i should just be quite open about my diet plan with everyone around me so it is out there and that is that nothing you say is going to change it so i would prefer the peace and quiet or just keep it to myself (and use the support of my online cheersquad and my man) i have kept it to myself up to now and other times i start a diet because i do find people tend to try and pull you off track with more food or naughty treats or talk you out of taking a lighter approach to life. Not always intentional but the pressure is still there. however if i just lay all my cards on the table i wouldn't have to do all the excuses for not eating more or skipping the morning/afternoon teas at work etc so what do you guys do? do those around you know you are on plan or do you regularly use the i'm really full, had a big lunch, feeling a bit sick excuses to take the heat off?
anyhow, feeling really happy with my day again i am feeling truly blessed how at ease i have felt this time around and really hope it stays this way because it finally feels like it all clicks, makes sense and like it's my turn to lose the weight that has been eating my self confidence and happiness for a long time. However i know sooner or later my positivity, motivation and will power will slip and so i really need to keep almost overly positive in the meantime to keep me on my high for as long as possible so that when it does crumble slightly i will have come too far to let the negativity get the better of me.

so i had a pretty similar day as yesterday thinking i have created a bit of routine for myself but this is what i ate..

B- regular size coffee made on skim milk
L- a tuna sushi hand roll
D- 5 bites of salmon patty with avocado and tomato

i also consumed about 3litres of water (so proud right now mostly still water but some sparkling) and about half a can of coke zero (also proud i stopped i realised i think i am just drinking it cause i can not because i want/need it so will try to break that habit over the next few days) also pretty proud of myself after i updated yesterday i decided to give that abcoaster i bought and have not used a workout and also did another workout on it this afternoon so hopefully not only will i be lovely and thin soon i might have a flat toned stomach Smile don't know who this crazy motivated girl is that has taken over my body this past few days but i have decided she can stay Very Happy hahaha

cheers to the weekend!

love, Kaila xx

thins-in

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Sounds like you are doing great! Keep on keeping on! cheers
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow you are Rocking it! Keep up the Excellent work girl!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:47 am

Great job keep it up your doing fantastic cheers
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 am

Hey everyone!

Well i am not gonna lie today was HARD! I'm not sure if it was cause i have started to incorporate exercise into my day, not being at work and super busy all day so i had more time to think about it or because i changed up my routine (no coffee this morning and not eating lunch until really really late) but it was a massive struggle not to demolish my 5 bites and everything else around me but i managed to stop myself and stay strong (however i am not sure my 5 bites are quite regulation size they are not huge bites but i am still not sure on the sizing) and kept on track but heading to bed very early as to not undo my hard-work by slipping) feeling very excited and nervous about tomorrows weigh-in because i have tried so hard to stay on track i hope the scales are kind!

so my food diary for today was:
B- nothing just water
L- 5 bites of chicken sub
D- 5 bites of Burrito (he was especially delicious and really wanted me to finish the job but i kicked him to the curb Wink ha!)

thank you for you congratulations they really helped me when i was questioning extra food so thank you thank you thank you Smile

Love, Kaila xx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

HIGH FIVES AND MEGA KUDOS!

Post  120-4life on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 pm

That was a big success day. Congratulation, Kaila! Even if the scale doesn't register as much as you'd like, it's a step closer to your goal to be in charge of your decisions around food and the weight reduction will follow in its own perfect time. That's how I'm talking to myself when I'm tempted to go off plan. cheers! sunny

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Wow you did a fab day staying focused .. you are soooooooooooooooo going to complete this!!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:51 pm

That is some serious self discipline there! Well done :-)
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 am

thank you guys so much for the encouragement! you are all amazing and a massive inspiration to me! i am a little early on the update but i am a little too excited to wait until after dinner to report in (also i am going to ben's parents for dinner so i am not sure i will get much time to write in afterwards, but today being my official weigh in and i am....69.9kgs or 154.1 lbs Very Happy i am out of the 70's this makes me well and truly happy and re-motivated to keep up what i have been doing! I have also made a pact with myself that i am NEVER going back to the 70's however even though i am so stocked with myself i am now zeroing in on my next goal: 65 kilos or 143 lbs getting to this one will be the hard one i think because i always have trouble getting passed 66 it always takes me a long time to get passed it no matter how on track i stay. So i would like to be at or passed this goal by the end of my first two weeks so its about 4.9 kilos in the next ten days Smile

today was sorta weird i was out all day and it was kinda hard but still it's not cause i am hungry but more i just want to eat? if that makes sense but i got through the hard part of the day being around so many delicious cafes and restaurants selling all my favourite foods and even a trip passed McDonald's to get Ben some food and i held it together so yay for me so as long as i don't lose my cool at dinner i should be okay Smile

but heres what i ate today
B- Coffee made with Skim milk no sugar or sweetener
L- A salmon and avocado sushi roll and some coke zero (but i got half way through and no longer felt like it so i gave it away)
D- Yet to eat but it will be 5 bites of curried mince and rice

Smile how did your day go?
keep motivated, the best is yet to come!

Love Kaila. xxx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Awesome! Good Work!

Post  120-4life on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm

You've got the mindset to get this done, Kaila. I agree the hard part comes now after the first 15 lbs come off. That's where I'm at. I'm posting an article I just got in my email for inspiration on dealing with this next challenge under the Miscellaneous Chit Chat category. As you say, there is delicious temptations of food always all around us and we have to find a way to deal with this on a permanent basis. Maybe this article will provide some deeper insight into the problem.

Blessings,

Lucille

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow.. you really have it all going on girl.. You are going to knock it out of the Park... Yay

Lucille- I will go and check out you article later.. cheers

have a super duper day!!

Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am

Hey lovelies

Just a quick one today not much interesting happened today, managed to stay on track and get a workout in so i guess it is a successful day all round! not too many cravings or temptations (despite a birthday at work that had 2 cakes, cheeses, chips and lollies) so that makes me feel pretty good! looking forward to nailing each and everyday so i can get to my goal as soon as possible! i know i haven't been using my 5 bites of anything card much if at all but to be honest i haven't really wanted to all that much i think knowing i have the option makes me feel satisfied and i tend to end up with healthier choices which is a new concept to me but i think the fact i truly want to succeed this time makes all the difference (not just oh i'd love to look like that i feel pretty crap about myself i guess i should diet..) i am finally pointing in the hard yards and i am so determined to succeed! it is going to happen and i am going to maintain my weight and a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life.

B- skim milk coffee
L- 5 bites of teriyaki chicken sushi hand roll (the one i got today and yesterday where a bit bigger so i threw away 1 bite each day)
D- five bites of pork loin with tomato salsa and a rocket and pear salad.
evening snack- diet creaming soda

Happy day for me Smile hope you all had a happy and successful day too! looking forward to wednesday's weigh in and seeing my progress i am feeling a bit lighter and not so frumpy so thats a big boost to keep going! xx
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Post  Challenger on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 pm

You sound so determined and focussed! YES!! Cool Cool Cool
Challenger

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:15 pm

really amazing you !!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce keep going!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  thins-in on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 am

hey guys thank's for the support another day on plan so feeling pretty good! i have felt a lot lighter and less bloated and gross yesterday and today so i couldn't wait till tomorrow to weigh in so i had a sneaky peak at the scales this afternoon after work at am now at 68.8 so like a kilo in 2 days! whoop whoop! Smile really happy with my efforts just got to stick with it now till the end and hopefully the next few kilos will come off just as fast! managed to drink 4 litres of water today i think that is really helping my success so drink up Very Happy

but this is what i consumed today..

B- Coffee with skim milk
L- 5 bites of curried mince toasted sandwich
d- 5 bites of pork with spicy tomato salsa and pear and walnuts

no exercise today except playing around with my puppy in the backyard

hope you guys had a good day sorry i haven't been checking in on everyones pages i have been flat out last few days and just jumping on quickly to write in here to share my progress/keeping myself focused by telling you guys what i am up to!

hopefully things will start to slow down in the next few days and i can show my support (i do find myself wondering throughout the day how you are getting along) so looking forward to sitting down and reading through your entries

xx kaila
thins-in

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Kaila, What a pretty name.. You are in the zone girl.. it will be fall of fast now.. Yay for your great work.. What kind of puppy do you have? Enjoy your play time.. Cheers!! cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top