Rugbygirl87's Journal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rugbygirl87's Journal

Post  rugbygirl87 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Hello! I'm a newbie but I didn't want to post all over the place and confuse myself lol so I thought I'd write my introduction as my first journal:
Stats at a glance:

Female
5' 0-1 " (i've been told both by different doctors lol prob just depends on my posture)
217 lbs (yikes!!!!)

My story:
I've been overweight for as along as I can remember. I even remember being in pre-school looking in the mirror and thinking I was fat. I hit my absolute heaviest of 230 something lbs my senior year of high school. At times I do wonder if I have some degree of a binge eating disorder. When I went to college I got into rugby and was a lot more active and a lot less depressed. To my astonishment without trying I dropped down to 170 lbs. Surprisingly I didn't feel thinner. I still thought I was morbidly obese and looked about the same even though I was six sizeS smaller. However once I graduated college I lost the motivation to work out as much. It's amazing how much easier it is to make yourself workout when you have a coach in full police uniform (weapons and all ) running you through SWAT drills! Ever since then I've been slowly but surely gaining all of the weight back and now none of my clothes fit anymore. I've been aware of the 5 bite diet for a few years now but every time I thought about trying it I would talk my self out of it or just put it off. Today I just decided to go for it... all the way! So after that long winded intro here is my first day:

Breakfast @ 3:45 am Coffee
Mid morning: Diet Dr Pepper and more Coffee
Brunch @ 10am: 5 bites of a sausage McGriddle... five bites almost took the whole thing but not quite and I surprisingly had no trouble throwing the rest away because I felt full.
Afternoon: Coke Zero
Dinner 5pm: 5 bites of a chicken pot pie and a glass of water

One of the things that I feel might help me is that previously whenever I went on diets I would do great until later in the evening/night when I had trouble falling asleep. Well I just started working a job that's ridiculously early in the morning so the latest I stay up anymore is like 8 or 9pm so not a lot of time to graze or even think about an evening binge cause I'm so tired all i want to do is sleep lol.
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Re: Rugbygirl87's Journal

Post  spryng on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Welcome!!!! Your first day looks amazing! How do you feel overall? For me the first 5 days were the toughest, I was ravenous, weak, foggy headed etc, but then once day 6 hit it all lifted, I had more energy than ever, 5 bites didn't just satisfy me but made me feel stuffed! It was easy to get through the day, the head fog was gone etc, it felt amazing. But you just gotta push through those first few days, keep yourself focused on the big picture and constantly remind yourself that this diet is temporary, a means to an end so it's very doable for sure. The fat is gonna melt away at a record speed, the scale just might become your new best friend, lol
So again welcome! I can't wait to follow your journey!
spryng

Back to top Go down

thanks for the reply!

Post  rugbygirl87 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm feeling ok... dinner was a lot more difficult than lunch. After my last bite I was just kind of staring at the rest of my pot pie until I finally just forced myself to put it in some tupperware and put it in the fridge. I'm really tired but that's not unusual for me because I am still getting used to the early mornings especially waking up so early and then working 9 hours. I've always been a bit of an insomniac staying up still 3 or 4 and sleeping in so it's a very different schedule for me. I feel really hungry right now. Far more hungry than I felt after my five bite lunch. So to distract myself I'm just cuddling with my cat and reading different entries on this site!
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am

that is a good plan, also you can brush your teeth, sip something warm, that helps fool your stomach so maybe some decaf coffee or warm tea etc.. I find reading old journals on here incredibly helpful too and another thing to keep you focused, browse some clothes shopping sites, look for outfits you'd love to wear when you hit goal, keep a visual picture in your head to keep you away from the kitchen and of course if all else fails, go to bed early! I go to bed anywhere between 8pm and 9pm each night, mostly because I too get up really early but more sleep does two things, will keep you from late night binging and will also aid in your weightloss, the more sleep you get the more your body will thank you Smile a win win Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am

Hi Rubygirl! I've started back here after 1 1/2 years off, and ready to go! Glad to see others here! Smile

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am

Welcome! The nights are more difficult for me, too. Once you get on a roll the nights will be easier. I am rebounding from a cheat so I'm going through a lot of what you're experiencing right now. I've been having a Coke zero when I feel like I want to eat. You'll do great! Have you read the book?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Hey snow!

Post  rugbygirl87 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 am

I have not read the book. I watched a video about it on YouTube though that described the basics. I figured I would give it a shot and if I had some extra money sometime I'd look into getting the book.
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm

The book is fabulous and can really help you keep going. The youtube video is also awesome! : ))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:43 pm

I have the book and love it for those days I need some extra oomph. Here's a quote to get you started...

"No weight loss plan is enjoyable so the less time spent at it the better. If you plan to lose weight, do it right and do it fast. Then be done. Sprint to the finish line!"

I have that quote on my phone, and I try to read it every once in a while. He's right, We don't want to drag this on forever, lets do it quick and be done. And then enjoy the results Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

day 2!

Post  rugbygirl87 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Today went pretty well. I started off on the wrong foot by weighing myself. I lost 2 lbs since yesterday which is obviously exciting but I had promised myself I wouldn't obsessively weigh myself. It's part of my pattern. I get really excited about a diet and at firs everything is easy and the weights dropping off the first week and then it stops going as fast the second week and thats when the doubt creeps in. The little voice in my head that shows me pictures of all the yummy food I could just shove in my mouth. And I justify it by saying that one day won't hurt. It's okay if I cheat today... regardless that I haven't even been on the diet for more than a week. If that doesn't work some part of me attacks how "healthy" that diet really is for me. For some reason that voice never kicks in when I'm polishing off big mac and eating so many fries my stomach actually hurts. Some part of my mind thinks that's ok. So I'm going to try not to weigh myself more than once a month! Usually on diets I end up weighing myself multiple times a day!
Breakfast: Coffee
Midmorning: Coke Zero and water
Lunch: 5 bites of my chicken pot pie left overs
After noon: Homemade Veggie/Fruit Smoothie. I don't know if this necessarily falls under the 0 calorie drink but it's like %70 kale so I'm counting it lol
Dinner: 5 bites of a beef pot pie and a coke zero
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm

I know all about doubt. Thats good to be down!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Youre doing great rugby girl

Post  cheryle319 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Sounds like youre doing a great job keep it up nights are hard for me too! Drinking alot of water tea whatever helps alot good luck to you Smile
cheryle319

Back to top Go down

Great day but rough day.

Post  rugbygirl87 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:19 pm

So I'm having a really relaxing day in most ways: I only had to work till 8 am so it's almost like having the day off. I've gotten to relax, veg out and I even did some drawings. I'm not a good artist but I find it relaxing anyways. However all this free time is giving me food cravings like crazy! All I can think about is food! When I'm not thinking about food I wonder if I've lost any weight and how badly I want to go weigh myself. I've been doing everything I can to distract myself but man it's been tough!
Breakfast: Coffee, coke zero, water, more coffee
Lunch: 5 bites of my beef pot pie leftovers and a coke zero
Afternoon: water
Dinner: I'm about to have 5 bites of spaghetti squash w/ butter salt and pepper. I made a sort of zero calorie mango lemonade by mixing a packet of zero calorie drink mix and true lemon powder.
Don't know how i'm going to make it through the rest of the night without bingeing or weighing myself once I eat my last meal for the day when the only thing that's really kept me from doing so up till this point was the promise of dinner lol
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 am

Try drinking some ice water...I think those Coke Zeros make my hunger more intense. Find something good to watch on TV. If I were you this is what I would do: do not cheat tonight, then in the morning as a reward I would weigh myself. There is no harm in weighing yourself. I mean you won't gain weight by weighing yourself. I know it's hard, but you can do it! Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:55 am

Dr Lewis does encourage you to weigh daily your first week, he wants you to see the daily weight loss since you'll lose the most the first week anyway, each lb gone will help you want to stick to the plan so don't feel bad if you weigh daily, then starting week 2 only weigh weekly Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

hmmmm

Post  rugbygirl87 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 am

Well I did end up weighing myself.... 212! Maybe I'll try to do that Spryng! I just don't want to get obsessive about it like I have in the past. I'm going to bed soon so I can get up at 3:30 without wanting to throw my phone (aka my alarm clock) across the room and I'm actually not feeling hungry and I can recognize that I'm not hungry. Still having some food cravings though, but not nearly as bad as earlier. I think I made it over the hump so to speak.
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 am

That is 5 lbs gone, yay!!!! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 am

Hello everyone. Today was about the same as yesterday. I weighed myself this morning. Still 212 made me irritated even though I know is silly. I kinda want to with myself tonight but I'm going to try and hold off.
Breakfast: coffee and coke zero
Lunch: five bites of spaghetti squash with butter salt and pepper
Afternoon: veggie fruit smoothie
Dinner: five bites of chicken pot pie coke zero
I'm actually excited to work a full 9 hrs tomorrow even though I have enjoyed my two veg filled days
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Free food is evil!

Post  rugbygirl87 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:27 pm

So I am work right now and there is free food everywhere! Free donuts free cupcakes free chips.... Lol it's like a landline in our break room! Staying strong though I just had four bites of chicken pot pie and 1 bite of a baby bell cheese. I though about eating the whole thing as one bite but it was my last bite and I was kinda full and it was just a smidge too large so I took a bite out of it and threw the extra away so I would be tempted by it! The cupcakes are calling my name but I feel stuffed so I think I'm just gonna send that call to voicemail for now : )
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Great plan! You are doing great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:00 am

So I am on lb light and I got past the free food at work today with no casualties so I feel pretty proud about that!
Breakfast: Coffee, coke zero, water
Lunch: 4 bites chicken pot pie, 1 bite of babybell white cheddar cheese, water
Dinner: 5 bites spaghetti squash with butter salt pepper and sundried tomatoes, coke zero
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 am

Had such a stressful day today! It was one of those days where nothing goes right. Luckily I stuck to my diet. I even was getting something out of my mailbox at work and discovered the wasabi almonds I had in there and even though they are a bit of an obsession for me I wasn't tempted at all by them. I also drank my last coke zero today but instead of buying more I bought a bunch of different flavors of Crystal Light.
Breakfast: Coffee and Coke Zero
Lunch: 5 bites of a beef pot pie and a Diet Mt Dew
Dinner: 5 bites of a soup with tomatoes, corn, beans, lima beans, and a small amount of jalepenos. I made a batch of Crystal light lemonade and have been drinking it all afternoon as well with dinner.
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 am

I don't know if it is my body still adjusting to this diet or what but today I felt so tired and almost like I was high! Or I guess what I imagine being high feels like lol. In the afternoon I felt so hungry. It started almost minutes after I finished my lunch so I almost feel like it had to be a mind thing cause I felt so full after my last bite but the feeling only seemed to last for a few seconds. I cleaned for a while but I was just feeling so hungry and lathargic I decided to just lie down for a bit and I'm prob going to bed even earlier than I normally do but hopefully that means I'll be able to get up and at it a little earlier than I have been. I've courted being late for work a lot this last week. Also this might be tmi... but does anybody else feel like they are constantly going to the restroom on this diet?
Breakfast: 2 mugs of coffee, Orange crystal light
Lunch: 5 bites of Amy's Indian Mataar Paneer, lemonade
Dinner: 5 bites of Amy's India Mataar Paneer w/ some the the tomato mixture I made yesterday mixed in. Crystal light lemondae
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I feel the opposite, I feel like I *never* go. I feel like I'm drinking all day, but when I pee its dark yellow, like I'm dehydrated. This diet definitely does something to the system. Shocked

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Well sometimes you can be drinking all day and still be dehydrated depending on what you are drinking, like caffeine is dehydrating, caffeinated tea is dehydrating.. really need to drink more water than anything else if you want clear urine for sure. Also some vitamins etc can change the color of your urine so you could be drinking plenty and the darker color is coming from the pills, like vit C will make it bright yellow or orange for sure so could be many things Smile But yes, even after 7 months of being on this diet I'm running to the bathroom all day everyday, lol but it's a good thing, means my body is working and clearing itself so I don't mind a bit, except in the middle of the night, lol
and congrats on passing up ALL those temptations! Work treats and being stressed out, most would cave instantly and you held firm! I'm so impressed! Keep up the good work! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top