insanity's Restart

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

insanity's Restart

Post  insanity on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm restarting the 5 Bite again. Calorie-counting fell by the wayside and I've been binging quite a bit. I have put running on hold because my left shin is bothering me again (don't want to run myself into a stress fracture again). My cholestrol and triglycerides are both up, and the doc recommended additional medication. It's time for me to get serious about losing weight, get my blood lipid numbers back to normal range, get fit for running and martial arts, and look great naked.

Height: 5'4.5"

Today's weight: 181

Yesterday's food:
B - water, Coke Zero
L - 3 bites Greek yogurt, 2 bites Pepperige Farm Oatmeal Breat
D - 2 bites baked chicken breast, 3 bites pasta mixture (ww rotini, red pepper, spinach, margarine)

Karate class - 1.5 hrs

Last edited by insanity on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added height)
insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: insanity's Restart

Post  AllieT on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Hello!

Im on my third day and so far so good. I lost nearly 4 pounds over the first 2 days and that is soo motivational. I've actually already lost a bunch over the past year with lifestyle changes (231 in feb of last year, 174 now) but had been on about atwo week total stall-hadn't lost an ounce. So to see the scale move again and so rapidly, well... it's awesome.

I hope it goes well for you this time around Smile but it sounds like you have a plan and a goal--deadly weapons, both of those!

Good luck,
Allie

AllieT

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Welcome back Insanity! I love the Look Great Naked you threw in there, lol a nice side bonus to losing weight for sure,lol it's on my top 5 reasons to lose weight list for sure, LOL Your meals look great! Keep it up! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep on going! : ))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 am

Snow White - Thanks for checking in!

spryng - Thanks for the welcome back! Cool that we have a common goal, lol!

AllieT - Amazing loss so far! It's great that you were able to get past the plateau. Way to hang in there! In the past, I've usually gotton frustrated and gave up when I reached a plateau. I hope to power through any future plateaus.

Day 2 wasn't perfect, but wasn't bad.

B - water, Coke Zero
L - water, Coke Zero
D - 1 slice pizza, 2 bites German potato salad
nighttime snack: some Herb Ox chicken broth (~15 calories worth)

45 min - Gilad Total Body Sculpt program (calesthenics + light weights)

Hubby and I stopped by a friend's restaurant and ate there. It was a big slice of pizza, so I had more than 10 bites. But I was happy that I didn't eat more even though plenty of food was available, and I passed on my fav dessert from there. This is ALOT less than I've been eating lately. I got quite hungry tonight, so I had 2 cups of Herb Ox chicken broth plus a couple glasses of water, and I'm feeling quite full now.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

You are doing a great job! It's good that you were able to pass on your favorite dessert. It just shows that your on the right path in regards to your weigh loss and health Very Happy Good for you!!!!!!
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Jesabelle - thanks so much! It took awhile, but I finally got my head back in the game.

Starting weight: ~183
Weight this morning: 177 (hurray! Lost alot of water weight, I'm sure, but it's still very motivating.)

Yesterday was an easy Day 3:

B - water, Coke Zero
L - 4 bites banana, 1 bite almonds
D - 2 bites baked chicken breast, 1 bite spinach, 2 bites ww pasta + red pepper
Hot tea in the evening

Karate - 1.5 hrs

I wasn't as hungry, and both my lunch and dinner felt very filling. It feels like my body remembers the 5 Bite plan.

Now comes the hard part: Staying focused and sticking to the plan long-term.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Water weight is still weight, don't downplay your accomplishments! You're doing great...keep on going! You can do this! : )))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks Snow White. I'm hanging in there.

Today's weight: 175, wow. Down another 2 lbs.

Yesterday's food/exercise:

Karate - 1.5 hrs

B - Endurox R4 (recovery drink, 1 scoop = 135 cals worth, for recovery after karate)
L - 4 bites banana, 1 bite almonds
D - 2 bites steak, 2 bites sweet potato, 1 bite green peas

I wasn't hungry yesterday until about an hour after I had lunch, then I was hungry the rest of the evening! So annoying. I'm happy that I managed to stick to 5 bites for dinner. It was easy, mentally. I am determined to stick to 5 bites.

Today:

Hubby and I were watching Women of Ninja Warrior on G4 today. It's basically a competition held in Japan, a very tough obstacle course. Most of the ladies who participate are so thin, fit, and athletic. Very motivating!

Even so, it was hard for me to stop with my 5 bites at lunch today, I was still hungry right after eating. I'm feeling better now. I'll fill up on calorie-free drinks until dinner. I'm trying to focus on getting through each day, each meal. When I think about how much I need to lose and how long it may take, it's overwhelming. But I know it will be worth it to achieve my goals.

B - hot tea with half-and-half
L - crunchy peanut butter granola bar (4 bites), 1 bite almonds
D - will update later.

insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Ninja Warrior is a great show! : )))) I was really hungry after lunch today, too. Some days this is easier than others. You are doing great! Keep going!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Awesome, another Ninja Warrior fan!

Dinner last night:
2 bites chicken sausage
3 bites ww pasta with pasta sauce, red pepper, and spinach mixed in

Workout yesterday:
Martial Arts practice on my own, Tai Chi ~ 15 min + Karate 30 or 45 min
Gilad Total Body Sculpt (45 min, calesthenics + light weights/bodyweight work)

I was pretty worn out by the time I was done working out last night, but I feel good today.

Weight today was 175. It's awesome that my pants are feeling a bit loose. I can't wait to get back into a smaller size.

insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 pm

You are doing great! I love it when the pants start to get loose too! No better feeling than that! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Keep on!!!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  LillyHouston on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Great Job!!!! What a great feeling. Do you feel hungry during the day?
LillyHouston

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Glad to see your back doing great
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Lilly - I generally feel hungry any time that I'm not overstuffing myself.

Dmac - thanks for stopping by!

I was feeling exceptionally hungry on Tuesday when a craving hit, and I caved. I binged, and felt awful that night. Wednesday I didn't get back on plan. Today I'm back, and will try to stay focused long-term. I find it so difficult, especially when the physical hunger gets bad.

I'm going to stay strong, darn it!

B - water + Coke Zero
L - Slimfast shake (180 cal)
D - 2 bites chicken sausage, 3 large bites steamed cauliflower + margarine

Gilad Total Body Sculpt - 45 min (calesthenics + bodyweight/light weights)
Tai Chi - 1/2 hour at lunch, 20 min in evening

Last edited by insanity on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added dinner and workouts for the date)
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 pm

I've been off and on plan since I last posted. I just found out about a "Biggest Loser" contest at work, which starts Monday. I already joined, $50 for a 10-week competition. Whoever loses the biggest percentage of bodyweight will win. Our first weigh-in is on Monday. So I'm going to go back to a normal "healthy" diet through the rest of this week, then I can start strict 5-Bite from Monday on. I'm excited! Maybe the contest will give me the motivation to stay strict 5-Bite for 10 weeks.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 pm

That is a great motivation! I'd love to win some money for losing weight, it would sure help me stay stronger on the weekends, lol Can't wait until you start again Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:51 am

Sounds great! It would be awesome to win! Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Money helps! I have did somthing similar only put the money on myself
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Insanity, thanks for posting that article about the hungerstat. It was so interesting and cleared up some questions I had about it. Also, the author mentioned 14 days as a time line for shrinking your stomach and I really think this is key for me.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Having done this before what would you say is the hardest part?
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 pm

Spryng - Thanks for stopping in, I'm looking forward to restarting 5 Bite.

Snow White - I'm glad you liked the article. I also enjoyed it. Sometimes I google 5 Bite Diet related topics for motivation, and came across that article.

Herbsgirl - Yes, money is a great motivator. I've tried putting aside my own money for motivation, but it didn't work. I think because really, at any time I could just go spend my money anyway.

rubygirl87 - If you mean what's hardest about 5 Bite.. I think when I'm physically hungry and then a craving hits. At times like that I feel like I'm going to die if I don't stuff my stomach. Of course I won't really die, but I have been reduced to tears at times when I really wanted something and didn't have it. I'm triggered pretty easily. walking by someone's candy dish, seeing my husband have a snack. That time of the month is particularly hard. I think I feel physically hungrier than usual during tha time, plus get cravings. There are very few months were I didn't binge during that TOM. Spending time with family is pretty hard too, it seems all moms want to feed everybody and are hurt if their loved ones don't eat much.

I actually won a biggest loser contest at a different workplace a few years ago. At that time, I simply cut back on the amount of food I was eating. I didn't know about 5 Bite back then. Sadly, after the competition was over I lost my focus and slowly put weight back on. I hope that I can stay on 5 Bite during most or all of my competition and permanently reset my hungerstat.

I want to put the water weight back on for the start of the contest so I'm eating "normal" amounts. Since I started eating more, I feel tired, sluggish, and gross. OTOH, I'm kind of relieved that I don't have to watch my diet too carefully over the next few days. We're having a breakfast at work tomorrow, and hubby and I are spending the weekend with my mother-in-law who loves to cook and feed us. I have yet to spend a few days at my mother-in-law's without indulging. I know I will have to conquer this problem eventually.

insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm

I know exactly what you mean about cravings and feeling like life as you know it will be over unless you have it right then! I'm still learning how to deal with those cravings myself. I'm fortunate that most of the womshould be able to do that en in my family have their own weird issues with food so I don't get a lot of pressure. On the other side of that though is issues with food can be very difficult to deal with and being around it growing up plus whatever can be passed down genetically there have been times in my life where I felt everything was just stacked so I would never be thin. I used to here all these thins girls alk about how they could eat whatever they want and never gain weight and I was like well I should be able to do that too!
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 am

Tell me about it, it seems so unfair that some people can eat whatever they want without worrying. Also about genetics. I remember my mother going through cycles of eating very little, then other times eating too much junk. When I was young I didn't understand why she did that. Now I find myself doing the same thing.

Anyway, let's stay positive. We can do this.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top