Someone experienced, please help me with the math ... "how much weight can you lose in a week?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Someone experienced, please help me with the math ... "how much weight can you lose in a week?"

Post  Ivanabskinny on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:08 pm

On another website they totaled my calorie burn per day as 2054.
If I eat 500 calories a day I am burning 1554 a day

To lose one pound I must burn 3500 calories. So 7 days of burning 1554 each = 10878.00 calories burned in a week
10878 calories burned divided by 3500 is 3.11 pounds lost in a week.
That's if I strictly keep it under 500.

Is my math wrong? How are you supposed to lose more than that? Walking one mile only burns 150 calories.
Ok let's add in 2 miles 5 x a week... 300 calories x 5 days a week = 1500 calories. That's not even half a pound.

I'm not discouraged, but I'm disheartened at Dr What'shisname's claim to lose a lot of weight quickly.

Anyone wanna clue me in please?
Ivanabskinny

Back to top Go down

hi

Post  Phil on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 am

Hey Ivana,

No one can give you an exact number since everyone is so different!

I know with me when I actually stuck to this (im horrible at this diet and a constant epic fail) for 2 weeks i lost 17lbs the first week and about 10lbs the week after (though i screwed it up as well)

At any rate, don't get discouraged and keep going if you can, i wish i can get my head in the game Sad
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Someone experienced, please help me with the math ... "how much weight can you lose in a week?"

Post  Shabnam_93 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 am

Hey Phil can you please help me I have a feeling that I'm doing the 5 bite diet wrong and it hurts after starving so much. Since you lost an incredible 17lbs in one week, I'd love some of your advice. I've been doing the 5BD for two days. I eat at 7pm every night x2 snicker bars so fast for 24 hours. I have my coffee an s multivitamin and have one diet soda. I do 30 mins of walking and burn 250 cal. Please help me? I don't know where I'm
Going wrong and I don't have the book to verify

Shabnam_93

Back to top Go down

Re: Someone experienced, please help me with the math ... "how much weight can you lose in a week?"

Post  Shabnam_93 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 am

I've only lost 1lbs in two days :/

Shabnam_93

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:17 am

Shabnam_93 wrote:Hey Phil can you please help me I have a feeling that I'm doing the 5 bite diet wrong and it hurts after starving so much. Since you lost an incredible 17lbs in one week, I'd love some of your advice. I've been doing the 5BD for two days. I eat at 7pm every night x2 snicker bars so fast for 24 hours. I have my coffee an s multivitamin and have one diet soda. I do 30 mins of walking and burn 250 cal. Please help me? I don't know where I'm
Going wrong and I don't have the book to verify

I'm not Phil, but let me see if I can help you out.
You are not doing anything wrong, per se, but I would advice you to spread your 10 bites into two meals (so 5 bites per meal) as instructioned by Dr Lewis. Doing 24 hour fasts every day is usually very tough even when you are eating "normal" amount of food, so I really advice you to eat 5 bites for lunch, then maybe 5-6 hours later 5 bites for dinner.

If you haven't been walking/exercising before starting the diet, I would suggest to refrain from it for awhile, until your body gets used to the amount of food consumed.

1 pound in two days is awesome, and how fast you lose weight is not exact science. Sometimes I lose a pound, sometimes I lose 7. Don't be discouraged by the results, but instead focus on the process. Focus on doing the diet to the point and you will see results. It may start out slow and end up getting faster. I am very positive about that.

By the way, you're born 1993? Me too! Buddies!
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Shabnam_93 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11 am

Hahah thank you so much! Yes working to drop the weight for my 21st! So last question. My sleeping routine is a bit messed up.. I wake up at two.. Is that still considered as I was fasting, and so if I had my lunch straight after I wake up at 2pm would that be fine? Or should I wait until 6pm to have it? U was thinking wrong at 2pm and at 6pm and that's it. But I only wake up at 2 coz I sleep at 2. It's just coz I'm on holiday

Shabnam_93

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 am

Shabnam_93 wrote:Hahah thank you so much! Yes working to drop the weight for my 21st! So last question. My sleeping routine is a bit messed up.. I wake up at two.. Is that still considered as I was fasting, and so if  I had my lunch straight after I wake up at 2pm would that be fine? Or should I wait until 6pm to have it? U was thinking wrong at 2pm and at 6pm and that's it. But I only wake up at 2 coz I sleep at 2. It's just coz I'm on holiday

I'm not sure I understood but, yeah sleeping or not sleeping, it is a fast if you are not eating.
By the way, fasting affects your circadian rhythm (your body's internal sleeping clock), so doing long fasts (24 hours and up) affect your sleeping rhythm.

When is your birthday? Smile
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Shabnam_93 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Oh I didn't know that! It's on the 3rd of November! I weight 58kg I want to be 45 by September 14th! Wbu? Btw how's your progress?

Shabnam_93

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Shabnam_93 wrote:Oh I didn't know that! It's on the 3rd of November! I weight 58kg I want to be 45 by September 14th! Wbu? Btw how's your progress?

Well I think pre-congratulations are in order Very Happy
I think that is very doable goal!

You can find my thread in the daily journals, but in short I'm doing good. Smile
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Shabnam_93 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you! I've loved your support and help! What's your thread called? I'd love to read it?

Shabnam_93

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Shabnam_93 wrote:Thank you! I've loved your support and help! What's your thread called? I'd love to read it?

Beeonne's daily journal Smile

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net/t840-beeonnes-daily-journal
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 pm

New here and trying to find current threads to follow because I feel that will help keep me motivated. But all the ones I am com ing across seem outdated. Anyone who is currently here and would like to friend me, would love the help and support. thanks Embarassed
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top