Trying to lose the weight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to lose the weight

Post  ultimate weightloss on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi,

My name is Katie and I have been trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember. I found out about this diet a couple of years ago and I have been trying to completely follow it but can never make it pass the 4th day. I need to finally just start and stick to it. I am so depressed and frustrated with my weight. Since graduating from college I have gained so much more weight and I am the heaviest I have ever been Crying or Very sad I am 5'6 and weigh 180. I have gained the weight so fast and none of my clothes fit anymore. I don't have a lot of money to buy new clothes and I am scared that if I do then I will never lose the weight. Buying new clothes is the sign for me to finally give up. I DON'T want to give up. My problem with following this diet is that when I take an extra bite, just one extra bite, I go food crazy and eat everything. I tell myself that I will follow the diet tomorrow and today will my last day of eating bad. Since its my "last day" I can have whatever I want. I tend to do that everyday and its a cycle that I can't seem to stop. I am so uncomfortable with my weight that I stopped attending social events. I have missed so much parties because I feel so bad with how I look and nothing fits anymore. I just turn 24 I don't want to waste my life hiding in my room. I just want to finally lose the weight. Sorry for the rant, if you guys can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

ultimate weightloss

Back to top Go down

Re: Trying to lose the weight

Post  spryng on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome!!! I totally understand the cycle you are stuck in right now, I've been there a few times myself. I think maybe something that might help is writing down some goals for yourself, maybe 5 top reasons you want to lose the weight, put it on a sticky note or something and put it on your fridge, your pantry door, your bathroom mirror etc, places you can see it several times a day to remind yourself WHY you want to lose the weight, something visual to keep you focused. Then as far as the diet, you'll just have to DO IT.. even if you take an extra bite you will still lose weight so don't let that deter you, eat your 5 bites and scrape the rest of the food off into the trash and read your list of why you want to lose weight and keep your mind busy between meals so you aren't just thinking about food constantly.
I look forward to following your progress, feel free to start up a journal in the journal page so we can encourage you along the way Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top