Hi - I'm new!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi - I'm new!

Post  pinklipstick on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Just wanted to say hello I am a 38 yo working mum of one and I have been overweight/obese since my early twenties...although in my late teens I was anorexic....I went from anorexia to a brief period of normal eating to binge eating and so have never been able to get on top of my disordered eating despite being accomplished and successful in many other areas of my life....I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in my early thirties and I am sure the disordered eating and my mental health issues are connected...

I am one of those people who has tried every diet going without success....this year alone I have gone from Weightwatchers to My Fitness Pal to 80 bites a day and now here I am Smile

All of the above worked for me...in the short term....but calculating points or calories is complicated and time consuming....and my weight loss on 80 bites a day is way too slow for me.....it's lose a pound....gain a pound....you get the picture...

I know from past experience that the ideal rate of weight loss to keep me motivated and keep me sticking to a diet is 1 lb a day....and for it to stay off!

at 18st 3 and 5'8 I am currently obese and could choose to undergo gastric band surgery....so the idea of following the diet that gastric band patients follow without having to undergo the surgery part makes a lot of sense to me....

so tomorrow I start on the 5 bites diet - wish me luck - lets hope this works for me - I could do with losing around 8 stones as well as beating my overeating once and for all....

wish me luck!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi - I'm new!

Post  spryng on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Welcome!!! I have the 80 bite app on my phone, thought it might be a good plan to use for maintenance after finishing the 5 bite diet. I agree, it's hard to stay focused if you are losing 1lb or less a week, easy to get distracted and disheartened for sure. I look forward to following your journey here! Feel free to start your own journal on the journal page so we can follow along with ya Smile
On that 80 bite diet, do you know how they track drinks? I know you can have caloric drinks but no idea how they count them? do you know?
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome post! Smile I've seen your photos you posted and you look absolutely amazing!

As far as the 80 bites a day diet goes, there are 2 versions one where you eat what you want and one where you follow a diet plan at the same time as counting your bites - I was doing the one where you eat what you want - I think you are right it would be a good plan to follow for maintenance maybe - I'm not sure how drinks are to be counted on the stricter plan I guess you would find that information in the diet plan that accompanies the app? not sure where you would get hold of it but it is probably online somewhere? I understand that if you follow the stricter 80 bites per day you take in around 1100 calories....but the downside is you cant eat what you want there is a plan you have to follow.....

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

yeah following a structured plan doesn't work for me, I like to know nothing is off limits, LOL and thanks for the compliments! I still have 23 lbs to go but I'm getting there each week, at this point it might take me until May but I'll get there Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum