Snow White's Journal

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks, Spryng!

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:15 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Do you ever plan to cheat or does it just happen sometimes? I was thinking about maybe occasionally planning a cheat meal like when my husband and I go out for our once in a blue moon date night. What do you think?
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Wedneday, Jan. 18

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:32 am

b- diet cranberry juice (5 calories)
l- 1 bite Snickers bar, 2 bites boneless fried chicken, 2 bites pollo adovado (using up my leftovers for lunch)
d-3 bites bacon, ham, & cheese omelet, 1 bite hash brown patty, 1 bite link sausage

nightcap

Notes: I used the Snickers template for lunch and dinner. After dinner I felt really hungry but I did not eat. It wasn't even a burning or a rumble in my stomach, I just wanted to taste more food. I've tasted enough food and that's what got me into this condition. I am staying strong occupying myself on this site, facebook, and pinterest.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Food Journal For Thursday, Jan. 19

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

b- nothing
l- 3 bites bacon, ham, & cheese omelet, 1 bite sausage link, 1 bite hashbrown patty
d- 4 bites mcrib-like meat, 1 bite stove top stuffing

nightcap

cheat:
1 slice colby jack cheese
1 wedge laughing cow cheese
a handful of mixed nuts
10 pepper jack cheezits

Notes: I used the Snickers template for both meals. As I look back on Tue. & Wed. my evening meals were more protein dense. So I cheated on Mon. and Thurs. and both times I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to eat like my blood sugar was off. I'm going to learn from my mistake of not having enough protein at the evening meal and since apparently I like to cheat with cheese and nuts, maybe I should have cheese and nuts for dinner every few nights to help with these evening cravings.

Last edited by Snow White on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:00 pm

hey great job!!!! cheat days happen- most of the time they are unplanned cuz its a smell, or a stressor, or just a moment where u lost it. Its OKAY. honestly it is. Just dont have the attitude of - well its all over now!! and nom nom on everything you see. Also, dont be discouraged if the next day u gained even if ur calories on ur "cheat" were low- its the body getting confused and retaining water. u did not gain a lb of fat cuz u ate 500 calories.... no way. just be confident that it didnt happen, all is not lost, u are totally doing great and the weight will come off real quick as long as you come right back on it for the next meal. Very Happy
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm

my cheat meals or days are usually planned, I beat myself up with guilt if I have something unplanned and can't justify it. Then that will lead to a binge so I plan my "off plan" meals and know I have plenty of time to work it off before next weigh in Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 am

I planned a cheat day on my birthday. I still didn't eat alot because I didn't want to feel majorly guilty, but I didn't want to stress on that meal. I think that most of us cheated on Thanksgiving. the important thing is that we went straight back to 5 bite after that cheat. Remember not to beat yourself up when you slip and anytime and all of us will be here for support. Very Happy
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 am

I am trying to not have any planned cheats because Thanksgiving was hard to get back on plan and it seems to make the time before the planned meal more difficult also I tend to make the planned meal into meals
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Saturday, Jan. 21

Post  Snow White on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:05 am

b- zero calorie diet peach Snapple tea
l- 4 bites chicken tenders 1 bit french fries
d- 3 bites pizza, 1 bite mozzarella cheese stick, 1 bite chocolate cake

Notes:
I had a cheat dinner last night with my husband for date night and it was fun but there was hell to pay this morning. I had horrific diarrhea 4 times before I finally took some immodium. Clearly my body loves the 5 bite diet and I do, too! Cheating ends in painful results and I am going to try harder to be perfect in my eating from this day on. I know cheats happen, but truly they are not worth it! : ))))) In spite of this I am hoping for another 5 pound weight loss for this week because even with the cheat and 2 small slips I ate significantly less this week than the previous week by using the Snickers template. However, I am on my cycle and you know how that goes with water retention. I weigh in on Monday.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:29 pm

dude thats what i fear the most- keeps me from cheating.
last time i was on this diet i had this happen twice, I cheated the night before and omg vomitting diarrhea just disgusting and horrible. didnt stop till i guess i tired myself out. absolutely the worst. also since i was on a very calorie restrictive diet it was really hard to get better ( i couldnt keep warm even and it was the end of summer). When i want to cheat i think of that and i know that if its a cheat it better not be a binge or else the next day i'll certainly pay for it. I hope your feeling better!!!!
i think the trick is dont go too long without eating, and when u do eat dont eat too much. so if u cheat thats fine but dont binge no matter what you do. (a binge when ur stomach is so small is little more than a normal sized meal)
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Thanks, Tea!

Post  Snow White on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 am

I'm glad I'm not alone in this terrible sickness after cheating. I am feeling better, but that cheat is making this harder for me to snap back. I'm hopeful for tomorrow's weigh in! : )
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Sunday, Jan. 22

Post  Snow White on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 am

b- coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- 5 bites of beef n cheese nachos
d- 1 bite beef taco, 4 bites chicken enchilada, 1 bite rice, 1 bite chocolate cake

nightcap

Notes:
Okay so I had 7 bites for dinner and I'm wondering if putting the chocolate creamer in my coffee this morning just made me hungrier over the whole day. Or it could be my cheat meal I had on Friday still causing me to be tempted. However, we did eat at a buffet for lunch and I did have restraint and held strong with only 5 bites. My weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck! : ))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 am

Control at a buffet now that's impressive I'm always hunger if I take one meal off plan I think that's normal
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Thanks, dmac : )

Post  Snow White on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 am

I'm hoping the cravings will be back in check by tomorrow...glad to hear that's normal! The buffet wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I looked at every single item before I made my choice of what I was going to eat. The nachos looked the best at the time and they were yummy!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Monday, Jan. 23

Post  Snow White on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 am

weigh in: 194 lbs. I lost 2 pounds this last week. I had one huge cheat meal and several slips. So, I am not disappointed because I know I can do better. Dmac has me inspired with the 12 day streak of 100%. I am going to try to stay 100% until my weigh in next week and see what happens with the weight loss.

b-nothing
l- 4 bites bacon, ham, & cheese omelet, 1 bite sausage link
d- 5 bites chicken enchilada

nightcap

Notes: I used the Snickers template to measure my food for both meals. This week I am going to remember that if I feel light headed or that I really need to eat, that is just my body breaking down fat and I must learn to ignore my body's signal to refuel until all of my excess weight is gone.
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

i agree DMAC is certainly motivating me too Smile and yeah i learned that when i work thru the lightheadedness its SO much easier. dude after day 3 i didnt even feel it anymore. and i dont feel weak anymore- just a mind over matter about eating more than 5 bites. thats it!!!! just know that each time you fight thru it ur one step closer to being at your goal!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Tuesday, Jan. 24

Post  Snow White on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 am

b- nothing
l- 5 bites chicken enchiladas
d-3 bites bbq chicken boneless wings, 2 bites tater tots

nightcap

Notes:

Well I finally got my answer about measuring the 5 bites from Tea is my happy place...the five bites are 5 tablespoons, duh! So that's 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon. That is really helpful information to have long term on this diet. I may experiment with having some Greek yogurt or some soup for lunch next week. So far this week I am focused on sticking with this and not cheating. If I can maintain a 7 day 100% perfect streak I am very intrigued to see what the results will be on the scale. This is 2 days down and 5 more to go to see what will happen. : )))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 pm

im glad that was able to quantify things for you. Keep it simple! no matter what that means for you. Just try to keep as focused on your goals as you can. Get thru this first little hump and the rest will be much more easy. bounce
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Wedneday, Jan. 25

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:51 am

b- nothing
l- 2 bites colby jack cheese, 3 bites mixed nuts
d- 2 bites garlic bread, 3 bites lasagne

nightcap

Notes: This is getting hard! My husband is making rotel dip and asking me if I'd like some! Yes! I'd like some, but I'm not going to have that right now!!!! I'm hoping for a 5 pound loss. : ))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:04 pm

yep keep focused on your goal! You can always have a bite or two with lunch today or dinner Smile You are doing so great!!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks, Spryng! I stayed strong and hopefully I can continue this 100% streak through Sunday! I will bring some rotel and chips for lunch tomorrow, great idea! Wink)))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Compliment :))))

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Two people at my work just asked me if I was losing weight! Finally people are starting to notice! I have lost 31 pounds since August. 7 pounds of it in the last 2 weeks on the 5BD. : )))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 pm

That's great! You are doing an amazing job. It feels great when people start to notice and comment on your weight loss. I am sure that you are going to reach your goal rather quickly. Very Happy
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

That is the best feeling!!!! Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Thank you ; )

Post  Snow White on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks so much Spryng & Jesabelle! I still have a lot to lose, but the sooner the better! Thank God for the 5BD!!!!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 pm

were those people blind!!!! 30 lbs is a huge difference!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top