Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Keep on keeping on!!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Wedneday, Mar. 14

Post  Snow White on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm

b- nothing
l- Snickers bar, Coke Zero (I was not hungry at all, but I forced myself to eat this at 2:00...I was soooooo full from eating this. I think maybe my stomach is shrinking!)
I got too hungry waiting for dinner (8:00) and had some chips & dip
d- 1/2 hot dog & a handful of fries (obviously more than 5 bites)

Notes: I had a great day yesterday! No cheating, finally! : )))) Now here's my problem, my date night finally got rescheduled for tomorrow night. So, I'm wondering 2 things. First, what should I eat today? Like apples & celery for my five bites to minimize the damage from the dinner? The second thing I am wondering is about the date night dinner...I just don't think I can be good. So, how should I approach my food: full on binge or eat 1/2 of everything, or count out a certain number of bites. I need some help here about these questions hopefully before I eat my lunch today!

Ok, so I took Rugbygirl's advice and just ate my 5 bites as usual for lunch today. Tomorrow, my plan is to eat 5 bites for lunch and then just enjoy my dinner with my husband (probably eat 1/2 of what is on the plate) and get right back on plan on Friday with measuring my food and not cheating! : )))

I just really need to stick with a regular eating schedule while on this diet. First I ate my lunch at 2:00 then dinner at 8:00. While at the table eating my dinner, I became horribly ill with diarrhea. Uggg! My body loves the 5 bites and is in utter revolt right now. I may just fast tomorrow until dinner so my stomach can settle down.

Last edited by Snow White on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  rugbygirl87 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 pm

The day of i woild treat it as though it were a normal 5 bite day and have 5 bites at lunch. For dinner I would order something small and leaning toward the low calorie veggie side of things. That way if you don't feel comfortable limiting your bites in front of someone you won't feel as bad. Eat it slowly and enjoy it and the company your with and then forget about it. Dont try to over compensate the next day or even the dat of. I would just go back to the five bites as if nothing had happened if you can... I know easier said than done lol
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks for the advice!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Out of town

Post  Snow White on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:57 pm

I have been out of town for a few days and I don't even want to talk about the food I ate! I am completely restarting tomorrow! I did get some exercise playing tennis on Friday and Saturday. Today I did the Bum Bum Rapido workout on the Brazil Butt Lift Workout. I have to weigh in tomorrow, so we will see the damage!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Weekends are a KILLER!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

oh I've seen that workout on tv! You'll have to let us know if it delivers because I'd sure like to firm up my booty too, lol and yes, weekends are rough for sure but just jump back on plan and you'll be back to losing in no time.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 am

Uggg! I have no excuses b/c I've been terrible!

My weight this morning was 194.25, that is over a 6 lb. gain.

I had nothing for breakfast, 5 bites for lunch, then I waited too long for eating dinner and I totally blew it!!! I am going to give up caffeine for the rest of the week and see if that helps with this ridiculous hunger! I am only sabotaging myself with all of this bad behavior! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Don't beat yourself up, we've all been there and most of that gain if not all of it is just water retention and will be gone in a couple of days so hang in there, we all stumble on this plan but everyday we get behind us is one day closer to our goals, you can do it!!! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Tuesday, Mar. 20

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Spryng! I chose not to have any caffeine today and I did not feel near as hungry as I did yesterday. I also had a more filling lunch today. Hopefully I am back on track! : ))))

b-nothing
l- 5 bites ham & cheese sandwich
d- 4 bites chicken biscuit bake, 1 bite crushed pineapple
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 pm

We all have set-backs, it's awesome that you got right back on track! I am drinking alot of diet sodas now, so I'm getting alot of caffeine. I'm curious to see how giving up caffeine works for you.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Wedneday, Mar. 21

Post  Snow White on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks, Insanity! It has only been 2 days, but I do feel a difference in my hunger level. I need to find something besides water to drink, though!

b-nothing
l- 5 bites ham & cheese sandwich
d-4 bites panko parmesan chicken breast, 1 bite french fries

nightcap

Notes: 2 days with no caffeine and I can tell my hunger is reduced! I made some scrambled eggs for my lunch for tomorrow...I measure out 1/3 cup after I scrambled them. Hopefully, I will make it through the night with NO CHEATING!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 pm

You can do it Snow White! And as for drinking something besides water, maybe try diet sprite or something non caffeinated for some flavor Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Food Journal For Thursday, Mar. 8

Post  Snow White on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks Spryng, diet sprite is a great idea! Very Happy

b-nothing
l- 5 bites scrambled eggs w/feta cheese
d- 5 bites pepperoni pizza w/bread stick (I put the bread stick on top of the pizza!)

Notes: I had a Diet Sprite at lunch today and it was very good. I think I will pick up some Diet Sprites and Diet Root Beers on the way home today. I'm trying to abstain from caffeine at least until my next weigh in on Monday.

Last edited by Snow White on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Another calorie-free option is flavored seltzer drinks. I love Adirondack and they have a white chocolate flavor that I like. I just bought a bunch yesterday. It was on sale, so I stocked up! They aren't sweet like Diet Sprite, but they are very fizzy with a hint of flavor. It satisfies my desire for some taste.

I usually find plain water feels more filling than seltzer, but it's nice to have a variety.

I also enjoy Perrier mineral water, but it's a bit expensive. I buy it by the case at Sam's Club, and treat myself to 1 bottle per night, on nights when I feel like having it.

I've also squeezed lemon juice in water, in the past, but it seems like so much trouble! Same with making a cup of hot tea. It's just so much easer to grab a glass of water, or a diet soda or a seltzer or whatever.

Nice job, sticking to the plan!
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I have not heard of the Adirnondak, I'll look for those! They sound yummy! I have had Perrier in the past and I need to get some more of those. Things are going well without the caffeine and I have only had my nightcap one night this week. As it turns out if I eliminate caffeine I don't need a bunch of vodka to put me to sleep! This may really help me get through this slump I have been in!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:25 pm

That is awesome! You are finding new ways to fit this plan into your lifestyle and even your sleep style! Great job! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Win/win, nice! I'm sure dropping the calories from alcohol will help. I've given up alcohol except for once or twice a year, for health and also to reduce calories-in. I sometimes joke that I'm a teetotaler now.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Monday, Mar. 26

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:15 am

weigh in: 192.0
So that's a 2.25 loss and I certainly did not have a perfect week! I can remember doing Weight Watchers perfectly for weeks at a time and only losing 1 pound a week! The 5 bite diet is sooooo awesome, if I could just be more consistent I wouldn't have to stay in this battle so long!

b- nothing
l- 5 bites scrambled eggs with cheese
d- waited too late and blew it!

Notes: I cannot wait until nearly 8:00 to eat dinner b/c of my son's game! He has another game tomorrow night and I'm going to eat my five bites before we go even if it's at 4:30 or 5:00. I eat lunch at 11:15 and that is just too long to wait. I tried to have a diet 7up to tie me over but by the time I finally got in front of some food it was no use! : ((((
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 am

I have been in your situation before and this is when I chose to have a candybar. I ate a peanut butter snicker bar and it really helped out. before I ate it I thought that what I really wanted was "dinner" but once I ate it I was fine and then I didn't end up with a sweet tooth craving later in the evening, so I killed two birds with one stone. i don't know if you would want a candy bar, but even a low sugar excercise/diet bar would probably suffice.
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:54 am

What I normally do is delay lunch until 2pm to 3pm. I just fill up on water and Coke Zero until lunch, and often by 2:30 most physical hunger has passed. Because I often work out in the evening at home, the dojo, or at yoga, sometimes I don't eat dinner until 8pm or even 9pm. I think the candybar suggestion is a good one, anytime we're stuck somewhere. I'll remember that.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:30 pm

I tried the Ziploc bag omelet last night that works great thanks for the idea
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Jesabelle & Insanity, thanks so much for those suggestions! I brought my lunch with me today and I believe I will try to delay eating it until at least 2:00. Hopefully that will go better today. I also love the idea about the candy bar!

Dmac, I'm glad you liked the ziploc omelets...they really are yummy! There are so many different things you can do with them, too! Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah if I eat too late it will lead to a full on binge as I'll be STARVING so I totally understand. You got some great advice so hopefully it works for ya and you are able to get through the day Smile Keep up the great work!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Food Journal for Tuesday, Mar. 27

Post  Snow White on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:39 am

b-nothing
l- at 2:00 5 bites scrambled eggs with cheese (I delayed eating lunch b/c I knew I wouldn't eat dinner until 8:00 or so, then I forgot I had a baby shower at work at 4:00)
d- blew it...but had small portions

Notes: I felt pressured to not be a party pooper at the baby shower and I ate a small amount of celebratory food...I should not have eaten dinner but I did. My son had his game again tonight, so I didn't get to eat until 8:00...I had small portions, but way more than 5 bites. I forgot about the shower and I think that really threw me off, but in the end I chose to eat instead of choosing what was best for me. I'm still hanging in there, not going to give up!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top