Lisa's daily journal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lisa's daily journal

Post  Lisa on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks for the tips 3jaysmom. I agree, the trick isn't the dinner in and of itself, it's the mindset afterward: whether you can hop back on the diet, or you use veering off as an excuse to pig out. Mostly I've been doing the latter.

Today I had a snickers bar at 3:30 for lunch, and 4 bites of baby ruth at 8:00 for supper. So a 9 bite day, pretty good! I'm so exhausted though!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:09 pm

I find that im less tired if i make a full 5 bite meal all protein- like 5 bites of chicken or something. Before i was eating whatever, and i was getting all weak after 3 days, and then i would lose weight, and then i would be motivated- but i would trip up the diet just cuz i was so tired and needed something to help me out. Give it a shot, it should help
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:26 am

I tried a mostly protein meal at lunch today: chicken caesar salad. It didn't seem to make a difference during the day, but I feel much better this evening. Also I like that my five bites weren't junk.

I just get so sleep-deprived on this diet, I know others have mentioned this as well. I hate laying awake at 1AM staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep, and knowing my alarm will go off at 6:45. I feel like I should harness the extra time I have awake, but it doesn't feel very energetic. I know this is because I'm essentially starting over with the diet again... last week after being on it for 5 or 6 days I felt fantastic. I just have to get back to that point.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 am

Today I failed on the protein part, but I did end the day with only 11 bites.

I had 5 bites of strawberry/pineapple/grape topped with yogurt and granola very early in the day. Then I ate 6 bites of baby ruth bars when I got home around 5:30.

Luckily I have managed to push my dinner dates off into early next week. Unluckily I have a friend who wants to meet for breakfast on Saturday, my youngest brother's birthday on Sunday, a date on Monday and a date on Tuesday. I swear, I'm only this popular when I'm dieting! I think the breakfast will be easy, I'll just have tea or something. The birthday dinner, I'll try to keep to 5 bites and no cake. I don't know where I'm going on Monday or Tuesday yet, so I don't know how I'm going to approach it!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:01 am

Today was ok until about 4 o'clock. Then it was a big failure.

I took a ~3 mile walk tonight, and did some weight training. Hopefully that will erase some of my sins!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

OMG, I had another post here earlier, but today gradually morphed into such an abysmal disaster, what I wrote before doesn't even apply.

Starting over tomorrow, moving my dinner dates to later in the week.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I've been there! I write a post in the afternoon, and then by dinner, things go the exact opposite of what I said before (usually in a bad way, lol) All we can do is do it right the next meal

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:10 am

Oh I know! And I'm stressed about my date (which is now Wednesday), so instead of cutting back, I'm eating more! So stupid...

I think I've got a plan on how to be in the best shape possible by Wednesday. I seem to be able to do 3 days in a row without a problem, especially during the week. So I think I'm going to just ignore the screw-ups of the weekend, and try to keep my bites small, and of innocuous foods. I have a chicken salad from supper tonight that I'll probably be able to stretch until Wednesday. That and doing a little light exercise at the gym should have me as good as I'll get.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:16 am

Today was good. I had a snickers bar for my first meal, and 5 bites of chicken and lettuce for my second meal. Then I went to the gym and worked out for about 45 minutes. I feel good!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:17 pm

great!! the hardest part is getting back on track. I think as long as u can maintain the diet for a few days and then have a semi-bad day but then get RIIIIGHT back on, then its not horrible and ull see weight loss. Its the getting back on ASAP that is tough. Good luck, wednesday isnt far away!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

I know, the worst thing to do on this diet is think that a day is "blown" and then get carried away. The less you eat, the more you lose. Eating an extra 5, or 10, or even 20 bites, is no reason to give up and go for broke!

With that in mind, today I had 5 bites chicken and lettuce, and 2 bites of a mini baby ruth bar, and then for supper had 4 bites of cookie dough, and another 2 of mini baby ruth bar. So I'm at 13. And my blood sugar is low, I'm tired, headachey and crappy feeling... so I know I'm getting past the hump of fat burning.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:29 pm

In a stroke of luck my date got switched from dinner to drinks.

Today I had five bites of a snickers bar for lunch, and 3 bites of peanut butter toast and 3 bites of cookie dough for supper. Obviously I'll have drinks later tonight!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Last night was great. Weighed in this morning at 113. Probably lost some water weight from the alcohol I drank. I'll take it, in any event!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 pm

That's awesome!! whoOO!!!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:51 am

Today didn't go great. I waited until about 3:30 to eat, wasn't hungry but ate anyway, and had about 15 bites! Later I had a roll and a tiny slice of pizza.

I did, however, go clothes shopping tonight, and lo and behold I now fit size 2 jeans! They are tight, but definitely wearable. The 4's were too big, believe it or not. I'm going to try to be really, really good and measure my progress by trying them on!

I'm trying to think of ways that I could go to my parents' house this weekend without overindulging. Since I seem to do it EVERY time (including today), I'm stumped.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Today I have had 5 bites of pineapple for my first meal and 3 bites of cookie dough for my second. In between I had 2 cups of tea, each with about a quarter cup of whole milk and a teaspoon of sugar. That adds about 100 calories to the day, with no bites, but I was SO COLD, and I can't stand black coffee or tea.

My size two jeans are tighter today. Can't wait until they fit perfectly!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 am

Lisa u have been doing great!

Congratulations! Smile
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:41 am

Thanks Phil!

Unfortunately, I got a little cocky about my successes today and overindulged. My scale's battery died, so I don't really know what I'm weighing in at, but I figure a good three days back on plan will erase any damage. Tomorrow is a new day!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:35 am

Got the battery replaced, still weighing in at about 114. Today I went out to lunch, so I had more than I intended. Add to that some candy corn, two apples, two cups of tea and a mini baby ruth bar, and I estimate I took in 1200 calories or so. I did go to the gym tonight and work out, I hope that will offset some of the damage!

Anyway, back on track tomorrow, I threw out my restaurant leftovers!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Ouch, I ate too much again... and this time my stomach hurts because of it! I'm bored, work is tough, and I'm stressing about my exam, so naturally I'm responding with food.

Must stick to 5 and 5 tomorrow, no excuses! I know how much better I'll feel.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:46 am

Hello all!

I've been popping in now and again to see how the board's doing, and suddenly I see all the spam posts are gone and there's a redesign! It certainly makes things easier to read (the spam was ridiculous).

So I've been on and off and on and off again with this diet, but I'd like to start posting here again and try to get back on track. I haven't weighed lately, the last time I did was before Christmas and I was 117. I guarantee I'm a lot higher than that now. The size 4 jeans that I bought which were super baggy are now very snug. Anyway, I hope with the approaching new year some others flock back to the board! I'm going to start again tomorrow, and I'll post here with my progress!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 am

Not a good day 5 bite diet wise, had closer to 20 bites.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Today has been another disaster so far. I do so badly on days when I have nothing scheduled. Today's a vacation day and I can't even enjoy it, I just keep eating!!

Jumping back on now, five for supper.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 am

That's a great attitude!!
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Phil! Are you coming back to the board, or just stopping in? Do we have you to thank for the removal of all the spam posts?

Since it's January 2nd and I fell off the wagon in a major way over the last few days, I think today is a good day to post. So far I've only had lunch: 1 bite of chili, 4 bites of a cookie. I'm going to have some tea with milk in a little bit, because I'm caffeine starved and I don't drink my tea black.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top