Lisa's daily journal

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lisa's daily journal

Post  Lisa on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:03 am

Today was great, successfully skipped lunch altogether. I had 5 bites of a turkey sandwich for supper. I'm just starting to feel hungry now (9PM).

Tomorrow we have a birthday breakfast at work, so I'll have five bites there and call it lunch. If for some reason I go over the five bites, I'll just try to rein it in at the supper.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 am

Today was awesome!

I had five bites of coffee cake at about 9:00, and then not another bite until five bites of grilled cheese at supper! Then I walked on the treadmill at the gym for a half hour.

This morning I weighed 117. Not quite a starting weight (since I've been kinda sorta on the diet for a few days), but it provides an idea. I would be so excited to lose even just 7 pounds or so to get to 110! I wonder how long it will take to get to my goal of 105...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:32 am

Today was day 3, and I just finished my 10th bite!

I had 5 bites of coffee cake at lunch, and 5 bites of rice, broccoli and sesame chicken for supper.

This morning I was 116. I'm not at home this weekend, so I won't bother weighing on a different scale. I'll weigh Monday morning though!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:16 am

Day 4 today.

I had 5 bites of an apple cider doughnut for lunch (delicious).

I slipped up a little and had a chunk of fudge and about a quarter of an apple (3 or 4 bites total) throughout the afternoon.

Supper just happened, and it was 4 bites of stir-fry.

Worst case scenario: 13 bites, so I think I'm ok.

Can't wait to weigh in on Monday!!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:23 am

Oh no, I spoke too soon. I thought it would be ok to have a little bite of apple pie, and then another.... before I knew it I'd had over half a piece. Stupid!

Fresh start, right now. I'll still weigh in Monday!

ETA: I removed myself from the situation and went back to my place. No apple pie here, or cider doughnuts. I'll be able to easily stick to 5 and 5.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:14 pm

I weighed in this morning (Sunday) anyway, and guess what!? I'm down to 114.5!

What with my screwup yesterday, perhaps it's a flushing of water weight (I'd been feeling floaty in my legs and arms), which I've heard can happen.

Anyway, I hope tomorrow is another loss, but I won't be surprised if it's not. Still, can't wait!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:19 am

I had 4 bites for lunch and another 4 for supper. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I was 114 this morning. I had 5 bites of sandwich at lunch, and 5 bites for supper. I had an 11th bite of mozzarella, too. I feel very tired and weak, and a little spacey too. I haven't been sleeping all that well.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:08 pm

I hope you sleep better today. I know how that feels, I have the worst insomnia! It sucks Crying or Very sad

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 am

yeah, thats the ONE huge drawback i get from this diet... sleep is hard coming, and even when im SO tired, ill have trouble falling asleep and then ill wake up way early in the morning too.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I keep staying up so late, and waking well before my alarm.

This morning I weighed 114 again. I went out to lunch with a friend today and fully intended to only have 5 bites, but had a lot more than that!

Anyway, I'm jumping right back on the wagon, I'll only have 5 bites for supper. I have a date next week, I need to be in tip top shape!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Yesterday was kind of a failure. I had more bites than I should have for lunch, and then had snacks too.

Didn't weigh in this morning. My jeans are still loose, but I definitely gained.

Today I had about 5 bites of Italian food at lunch, and then 5 bites of leftovers from yesterday's lunch. I also had 2 bites of a baby ruth bar. Will weigh in tomorrow, I hope I like what I see....

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 pm

just sit tight- keep in mind, when on this diet and weighing in, ur more or less an empty vessel. When u mess up- u filled it right up, so when u see a little half lb gain or whatever dont freak out cuz it just may be the weight of the food itself that hasnt been eliminated. For that reason when i do mess up this diet i definitely give myself a few days to just even out and let my body come back to the state that it was in pre-mess up. That's the only way to keep this fair. Yes u might have gained a LITTLE bit, but in reality it probably wont be as much as u see on that scale even if u did go even 1000 calories over ur metabolic normal (which is WAY more than what 5 bite asks for- so for most people on a normal 1500-2000 calorie diet- 2500 after being on 5 bite for a while seems like a binge). Also consider than it takes 3500 calories to lose a lb but also 3500 to GAIN a lb of fat. so even a day of bad behavior cant make u gain a whole lb, maybe a little bit- but the weight ur seeing is most likely all the weight of the food.

you have to be fair when ur weighing in, otherwise ur beating urself up for no reason. Just hang in there, get back on the diet, focus in and the rest will be fine
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Tea, as usual you're right. After all, even Dr. Lewis says to just stick to the diet and not weigh, right? With that in mind, I think I won't weigh tomorrow. In fact, I was 114 on Tuesday morning, so I'll weigh in next Tuesday morning and see how much I lost. And in between then and now I'll be a good girl and won't slip up!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Tea, I like what you said about 2500 feeling like a binge when you've been on this diet. I feel like I totally "binged" today, but I bet its only 1000 calories, totally salvageable. Its great to come on here and get reality checks from everyone. It keeps me going! Ok, 5 bite dinner. I promise, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:18 pm

u bet ladies.. u can do this. just focus in.
I totally blew it today... but i had a "girl" diet-break day so i didnt kill myself over it. i ate whatever i wanted cuz u KNOW how those days are... its totally fine, i ran this morning and i played tennis this evening while having an afternoon filled with 4 hours of pain... so screw it, i ate some chocolate and i ate some cookies and i ate some chicken... once i month is not going to do me in. Yea sure ill feel gross for doing it now, but at the time i was like whatever makes me feel better is happeninggggg. so its okay, i have to take my own advice and just CHILL and do the best that i can and then tomorrow understand that the excuse for being a pig is over and its back on track time.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:03 am

Oh Tea... me too. Today was bad. I'm trying to be gentle with myself, I have been feeling unhappy about my ended relationship the past few days. Even though I ended it, he really did a number on me. And I'm still reeling. Probably will be for a while. Six and a half years, gone! I am not going to fix my feelings overnight.

Even though food is soothing, it's not my friend, and it's definitely not a good boyfriend substitute! I need to remember this next time I reach for cake...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:22 am

aawww 6 and a half years is a really long time..... its not going to be easy, but the second u wake up knee deep in icecream buckets ur not going to feel any better!!!! just take the time that u need, it happens to everyone and it sucks but just always remember, ur not dead, and ur going to find something that u feel great in, and now ur free to find it. Best of luck, we're here if u need to vent out! objective support is always here.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 am

Thanks Tea Smile

Well today was another bad day! I had 5 bites at lunch, and then 4 bites for supper. Then I went to my parents and had some chicken pot pie, some pretzel sticks, a breadstick.... cookie batter..... yuck. I feel a little sick.

Tomorrow's a brand new day!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Isn't it funny how sometimes this diet is incredibly easy to follow, and other times it's just impossible? I'm going through an impossible phase right now. The only way I can think to break it is to decide right NOW that I'm jumping back on board. That means: 5 bites per meal from here on out. That means no more snacking and saying I'll start again tomorrow. It means NOW. I seriously have to do it. I know how much better it will make me feel.

OK, starting now!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:50 am

OK, had 5 bites for supper after my disastrous earlier day. Back on track (fingers crossed).

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 am

YOU GO LISA!!!! just act like that bad patch didn't happen!
Phil
Admin

http://5bitediet.find-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks Phil, but I lapsed again!

I've had 29 bites already today (at least I'm counting?)! I need to stay away from my parents' house, that's it.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 am

So today I had a funeral to go to, and then a luncheon afterward where there was ridiculous amounts of delicious food. I intended to have 5 bites of carrot cake, but then my father offered me chicken, and my mother offered me pumpkin cake, and then I had more carrot cake.... cut to tonight and I'd eaten so much.

Now tomorrow, I think I can FINALLY get back on track. I was supposed to have a dinner date or two this week, I wonder if I can find a way to five bite through them? Or maybe put them off? I still think I'm a good 2 or 3 weeks from hitting my goal weight...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:53 pm

As far as the dinner dAtes are concerened, I did as "perfect" as possible during the week, and then end up taking the dinner out off. when i go, i just make sure to take a few bites of what i want, i dont count, but i try not to strech my stomach out too much. i dont waste bites on veggies,lol. i also went right back to 5bite the next meal. on the weeks i did that, i either still lost or at least maintained. you have to make sure that you dont use it as a reason to make the next meal bad. the times that i did that, i ended up taking a few days to get back on track, and ended up gaining.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top