View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Herbsgirls journal

Post  rugbygirl87 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Congrats : )
rugbygirl87

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi, I fell off of the wagon again! But Im not giving up. With God's help I can do this!

I gained back up to 181.2 I know it wont take long to get it off again, by eating only when hungry, eating small amount and exercising 2miles day at least...
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 pm

The doctor does not recommend exercise with this diet. He says you diet to lose weight. Your exercise may be causing you to lose your focus. I know exercise makes me much hungrier! If you don't want to give it up entirely, what about just reducing it by maybe cutting it in half or doing it every other day/3 times week
....just a thought Very Happy
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:17 pm

I also gained roughly back to my starting point of low 180's as of last Monday. Hang in there, we can do this.

How are things going?
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi! I got pregnant (planned) in June 2012. Had my sweet little girl March 1st 2013, now Im ready to get my weight off.

Im following a varation of the 5 bite diet, I count bites, but eat a lot more than 10 per day!

I am using Eat Slower Pro App https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eat-slower-pro!/id470583771?mt=8  There is a free one, but this one counts bites, and also keeps track of 90 days of bites in a chart!

This past week I have done around 80 bites, This week is 70 bites and then I can maybe keep going down. Usually 20-45 bites a day is enough for me to get down close to a healthy weight. But gradually is how I am doing it.

I lost 9.7 lbs last week!

I am also doing a mile a day 6x week

I got a Family Circle from  September 1977 that has an article about losing weight counting bites and it is designed by a doctor.  He used it on 200 patients over a 7 year period. There were 3 testemonials on the article.  IT tells how to establish a baseline and how to manage your bite count for maintaining your weight, for losing as fast or slow as you want...  Would anyone be interested in me posting some quotes?
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:05 pm

herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 am

Hi Herbsgirl .. ahhh a sweet little baby girl.. Congratulations bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

I love your idea.. wow you lost a great amount of weight this past week.. I tried 10 bites per meal ..x 3 a day but lost so little. I sit on my butt all day long working but do get in a good 2.5 miles walking my little on back and forth from school. What is your secret..lol.. I will check out your link for sure.

How much weight do you wish to lose over all? Sorry am I to nosey.. Shocked 

Have a great day.. Debbie

Update- I just saw you vlog.. you are so cute.. loved it .. I will fallow you there for sure..cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Thank you Ellabella!

I think it is possible to lose weight with more than 10 bites per day. gradually decreasing 10 bites per week, is working for me so far.

October 10 218.2
October 23 207.2
goal weight 155-170

so Ive lost 11 lbs in 13 days. The 9.7 lbs was a little more than a week I think... an average of around 78 bites last week, now its around 70 bites this week.

Part of the reason I lost so fast might be that I am still pumping breastmilk 3x a day. Im trying to wean, but its so slow, because of mastitis/plugs I have to do it slow. baby is on formula now im just trying to wean.

Also I do Leslie Sansone for exercise. I am doing a mile per day 6x week, then I hope to go to 2 miles then 3 then 4 miles per day....Lord willing.... It burns quite a few calories, you can watch free videos on youtube and its easy anybody can do it, and kinda fun too sometimes. Id rather do that than go to the gym
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

I like you girl lose weight so fast with walking.. I love it and get in at least 3.5kl per day just walking my daughter back and forth to school. I want to add this massive hill in but find I get home and want to eat the fridge.. lol.. I will figure it out though.. You are burning calories so fast girl.. no wonder.. breast feeding is a good 800 a day in full swing.. part swing would be a least 400 .. plus your walking.. Way2Go bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Have a super day.. flower 
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you for the nice comments Ellabella!flower  Walking outside is nice to get out and about.

Breakfast 17 bites 1 egg with cheese part of an apple

Lunch 17 bites recorded  some potato wedges, dipped in ketchup ect, sausage, sweet potato cake

Supper 18 bites recorded chicken noodle casserole, corn, homemade bread with butter/honey applesauce sweet potato cake

bedtime snack 18 bites recorded turtles sweet potato cake and chip sandwhich, some turkey
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm

Down to 206.6 this morning! 11.6 lbs down

I do want to mention I am trying to take smaller average bites so 3 bites of mine might be equal to 1 of someone elses. And I try to eat 1 minute between bites average (eating slower pro app) THis makes me more satisfied with less bites.  My family can eat 3-4 times as much as I can in the same amount of time, when I eat a regular/small average size bite once every minute, then I still have some on my plate as they are finished eating, and I am feeling full/more satisfied. Check out http://www.oneminutebite.com/

I  guess I was confused on the wieght loss times   here is my log from Happy Scale

October 14  218.2
October 15  214.6
October 16  213.6
October 17 211
October 18  210.4
October 19  210.6
October 21  208.4
October 22 208.2
October 23 207.2
October 24 206.6

Breakfast 17 bites aprox sweet potato cake close to two eggs

Lunch

Supper

Bedtime snack

Last edited by herbsgirl on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:53 pm

You are doing sooooooooooooo great.. I WI this morning I am 203. I do not WI often as I just can not handle the stress of it..lol I eat the same way.. chew my food very well.. most bites are larger than I would normally have but getting smaller as I am filling up on less. Great Job Girl:bounce: bounce bounce 
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks!

This morning I was down just a bit. 206.4 lbs Maybe I need to drop my bites again. From 70 to 60. So that is my goal to drop my bites to 60 now. Probably keep dropping them until I get to 30-40. Maybe even 20.

Here is a quote from the counting bites article from Family Circle

NO matter what you eat, if your chart shows no weight loss, you simply have to take fewer bites. Theoretically, you could live on potatoes alone and still lose weight, as soon as you found out the number of bites below the critical level that maintains your weight. NO matter what you eat, you will lose if you eat less of it....

Continue to keep your tally sheet with weight, date and bites per day, reducing or adjusting your bite count till you have the right number to lose weight at the rate you want.
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

You plan soooooooooooo amazing. keep it up. I look forward to seeing it all come together for you .. xoxoxoxo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:52 pm

I like the quote from Family Circle. Also, I'm checking out the one minute bite...that's sounds interesting!

Great job on your weight loss!!!!

Welcome back!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi, Snowhite! I have the full article from Family Circle about counting bites to lose weight if anyone wants a copy I can email it to you sometime.

Thanks Ellabella!!

203.8 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14.4 lbs in 12 days I went ahead and did around 70 bites yesterday, but my stickk.com commitment is to go to 60 bites next week. I even had 1 snicker bar, 2 big cup reeses last night!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMM
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Girl this is amazing.. this is all from 70 bites and walking.. wow.. how much walking are you doing now? Great Job.. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:45 am

And what are you eating?????? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question 

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation 
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Wow!!! That's great! Congratulations!bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks claire1 and snowhite! I am eating normal food, and candy too!

My weight loss came to a screeching halt and I gained a bit, even though I have been faithful to my bites!! But I don't know if I am going to get my period, or what, but I am still faithfully counting bites at 60 or less per day this week. I know If I am faithful and keep decreasing the bites, the weight will come off!
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 am

I think you will back to losing right away. I am sure of it.. you are a machine girl.. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 am

Belated congratulations on your sweet baby girl!  I love how you have adapted your own "bite" plan.  I normally like taking small bites, except when I'm 5-biting, heh.  I'm sure the scale will start showing losses again soon.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 pm

hi , heres a video update, I will post the link to my video when It comes up

Ellabella, thanks for the encouragement:bounce: Very Happy 

Insanity, thank you for the nice comments!Very Happy Smile
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:14 pm

herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Ahhhhhhh.. she is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful just like her mommy.. Great job girl.. xo
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top