Starfish slim down.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starfish slim down.

Post  starfish on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am

If public humiliation doesn't discourage me from not sticking to the diet, I don't know what will.

I am OFFICIALLY starting today. I tried starting two days ago and as some of you saw in my intro in the newbie intro forum, I was extremely undisciplined. I was going just fine (really, not even hungry) until dinner time. I will be in Hawaii for my winter vacation starting Jan 4 - it is time.

Height: 5'5.5''

Current Weight: 134 lbs
Goal Weight (Jan 4 - Hawaii): 120 lbs
Ultimate Goal Weight: 115 lbs

Current waistline: 29 inches
Goal Waistline (Jan 4- Hawaii): 26 inches
Ultimate Goal Waistline: 24 inches

29 days to lose 14 lbs and 3 inches from my waist!

I will post at the end of the day AFTER brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed on how I do. I need all the support (and drilling) that I can get. Inspiration is Dmac here on 5bd forum and Candice Swanopoel of Victoria Secret.

starfish

Back to top Go down

Re: Starfish slim down.

Post  Dmac on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:59 am

I am here and u can do this for sure I'm just starting fresh today again

Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

You can do this! The first 3-4 days are the toughest so hang in there, once you get past them it gets 90% easier I promise Smile

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 am

Day 1:

Start Weight: 134
Today's Weight: 131.5

2.5 lbs loss!!

B: none
L: 4 bites of chili and rice, 1 bite cornbread w/ butter
D: 5 bites garlic prawn pasta
Other: Lemon <--Weird lol

I am so excited but I am trying to contain my excitement for now and wait for my Day 7 results. At the end of the night since I was still so hungry, I saw a lemon and cut it into wedges and ate it like an orange! Idk what got into me but I guess I figured since people put lemon in water as a drink that I would be fine. I guess it worked out ok haha.

Thank you for the support dmac and spryng!!

starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 am

Is 134 what u weighed in the morning and 131.5 that evening? Ether way that's awesome way to go. Just curious because I always way more at night

Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 am

Your first day looks great! Keep up the good work! Smile

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexif424 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Congrats on your loss! You can do it!

Lexif424

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Actually I weighed 131.5 the NEXT morning. BUT, I did weigh myself that night (after having a panic attack from eating the lemon Shocked ) and I actually weighed 132.5 lbs. Pleasantly surprised, definitely.

starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 am

Sorry I forgot to update! Finals time here at my school Sad

Day 2: No weight change! That definitely bothered me a little bit lol.
B- None
L- 3 bites chili, 2 bites banana bread w/ butter
D- 5 bites burrito
Other: glass of white wine <--I feel like this really through me off.

Day 3: After seeing no weight change I think I was a bit discouraged.
B- Coffee
L- 3 bites sausage & cheese sandwich, 2 bites banana bread w/butter
D-5 bites sausage & pepperoni pizza
THEN all hell broke loose Sad --> Whopper, large french fries, tapioca drink, 1 mochi ice cream ball, a sip of vanilla milkshake

^^I am so annoyed with myself. I didn't weigh myself this morning to find out the results of day 3, I am just going to drive on and weigh in on day 7.

Today (day 4) I am jumping right back on the wagon. I do feel like my bites were quite big so today I plan on having a milky way for lunch and milky way for dinner. They are the same size as snickers and I like them a little better.

starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexif424 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:23 am

Glad your back on track! good luck with finals! you can do it!!!!

Lexif424

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:27 am

starfish, maybe stop weighing daily as our weights flucuate so much and yes even as little as one glass of wine can cause a stall for sure, not because it's too many calories but with alochol our bodies will burn it off first which stops it from burning fat. But yes just hop back on the next meal and you will be back on track.

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:56 am

I agree with Spryng. I stopped stressing once I went to aweekly weigh in. You're are doing fine and good luck with finals. That always adds stress, I miss college, but not finals... No

Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will not weigh in until Wednesday because that will enable weekly weigh ins until my "goal day" on Jan 4 which is when I get to Hawaii. So yesterday, I really don't want to talk about. We were doing typical snacking during our studying which obviously is not part of the plan. I am not going out nor studying with others for the rest of the week because I am able to establish self control when I am by myself.

Those of you reading this journal who seem disappointed or even intimidated to try the diet because of my downfall, seriously DON'T BE. I am hopping right back on it. Don't lose sight of your goal and the next time you feel like just saying "screw it, I'm going to just eat", think about how hard it was to stick to the diet 100% those other days - do you really want to just throw all that hard work out the window? That is what is keeping me going today..the first two days I literally felt like I was suffering and I'm not going to let that be for nothing. I will update you on my meals for today tomorrow morning and I WILL be a better example! Smile

starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Uhm, thanks for the spam? Anyways...I feel like my days are messed up but since Wednesday is my day 7 then yesterday and today are my day 4 & 5!

Day 4:

B-Coffee w/soy milk + stevia
L-Snickers
D-5 bites loco moco (hawaiian dish consisting of rice, mac salad, egg, beef patty, and gravy)

Results of day 4: no slip ups and feeling awesome.

Day 5: (Today)

B-None
L- Snickers
D-4 bites bibimbap (korean dish consisting of rice, beef, and veggies), 1 bite spicy soft tofu soup

Results of day 5: I'm doing one last short assignment and then off to bed - way too tired to even THINK about cheating/snacking.

I FEEL GREAT!

starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:46 am

it does feel great to be on plan doesn't it Smile I can just feel your enthusiasm and it's contagious! lol meals look great!

spryng

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top