I lost ten pounds so far

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I lost ten pounds so far

Post  LLJames on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 pm

I lost 10 pounds as of Monday when I took my daughter to see our doctor for a follow up after a severe kidney infection. I am relieved, but, a little batty sometimes, because its like some kind of a race inside of my own head. I feel like I want to lose it all, now. This is the main reason why I don't own a scale or I'd obsess over it.

I go by how my clothes feel on me, am doing leg lifts for my stomach muscles as I had kids and muscles need to be firm, and noticing that my fat in the waist and stomach area is getting lose and flabby.

Dr. Lewis drew a diagram of what it looks like if you were to see your body cut into the side view. He said, the fat against your muscles goes first. So, the remaining fat is under your skin layers. Its right in the subcutaneous tissues.

This is why I'm experiencing my fat that I carried so well and appearing firm and almost tight against my stomach turn into lose flab. I told Dr. Lewis that it feels gross and he said its not gross its just fat that is going away.

Its important to note that Holidays, shorter days and more pressure to eat rich foods are a part of reality this time of year. But, I'm choosing to see it as a challenge rather than an obstacle. You see, people tend to want to start a diet just before summer time. The weight loss adds pop up after December. Not good for those who feel self conscious about being in a bikini. So, starting now and doing it during the most pressure, "The Holidays" is a head start instead of waiting for a New Years resolution that is broken, anyway.

LLJames

Back to top Go down

Re: I lost ten pounds so far

Post  spryng on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:39 pm

I agree with that 100%! I can't wait to emerge into spring next year already at goal and ready for tank top and swimsuit season rather than start in january. Its a huge motivator right now. I'll still need to lose more weight come january 1st but I'll already be down at least 30 lbs so I'll be nearing my goal so I can choose a brand new new years goal this time around, I'm psyched! Congrats on the 10 lbs down!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  shnookie on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Kudos on the 10lb loss Smile
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top