My introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My introduction

Post  notwhoIam on Fri May 07, 2010 7:18 am

Hi all,
I hope I'm doing this right.
A little bit of background info on me: I gained about 50 pounds when I got pregnant and have managed to lose 35 so far. However, (and this one hurts) I have read that it takes nine months to gain the weight so it should only take that long to lose the weight. My daughter is 10 months old today, and I have been stuck at this weight for a few months. I have started this diet before but was so hungry that I failed. I will start over again tomorrow and could use some words of wisdom. Thanks everyone.

notwhoIam

Back to top Go down

Re: My introduction

Post  kelleep26 on Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello:)
I think we as women are a bit too hard on ourselves. 9 months to put on and I would say about a year to take it off. Heck maybe even a bit longer.If you think about it the first 5 months you are not sleeping and just getting to know your baby's schedule and personality.
The five bite worked for me in the baby weight department. I hope that you experience the same thing. I will say that there will be times you will flub up. Just go forward from it and say I'll keep trying. I had a time that in a split second I had an entire sleeve of girl scout cookies in my mouth! I felt insane!!
Congratulation on you wonderful baby and good luck with you weight loss!!
Kellee
kelleep26

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 pm

great advice.
baby weight is rough, i mean its not like u gain it and then wake up and then u have all the time in the world to figure out how to lose it. u have a BABY to take care of. personally i have not had any kids YET, but my mom has had 4, and i know that after the first 2 she lost MOST of the weight pretty well, but there was also 4 years between the 1st and the second and 5 years between the 2nd and the 3rd. According to her, it took her about a year or 2 to lose all of it, cuz u have work, and a baby, and everything else to deal with. The third and fourth were a year and a half apart so all that running around taking care of 4 kids helped lose the weight over time, but its not easy- she power walks everywhere!!!

dont be hard on ureself. u lost so much of it already, and im sure that in itself feels great! and u have a little darling to boot.

I think stick to the diet as best u can. for sure it works, u have to have discipline. but have patience! just the other day i was like UGH why wont this weight leave meee, cuz i hit a plateau and was having some trouble, (in addition to a little binge day) but u have to stick with it. Try to plan out your day, and stay away from snacking!!

you can do this, and this forum is a great way to keep motivated, everyone here is very supportive!
keep us updated Wink
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Welcome and good luck to you!
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down