Moonie's journal *^.^*

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moonie's journal *^.^*

Post  Moonie on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:59 am

I was on the no dinner diet for a few days and decided to make a transition into the 5 bite diet but Im not sure if I can endure the hungry pangs so I plan to let my body adjust to the new smaller stomach gradually. I will be adding agar agar powder (a kind of seaweed based gelatin powder that has almost 0 calories and very high in water soluble fibre. ) in between meals if I'm feeling too hungry.

I hope I'm not being too ambitious by wanting to lose 45 lbs in 3 months..... Embarassed

5'2
S.W 145 lb.
G.W 100 lb.

Today I had half a sandwich for lunch and half for dinner but it was def more than 5 bites each. tongue
For tomorrow, I prepared a smoked salmon wrap which is def 10 bites or less in total so there's no way for me to take more than 5 bites. Razz

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonie's journal *^.^*

Post  Dmac on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Welcome moonie did u do good on no dinner diet ? I hadn't herd of that diet before do u just skip dinner and that's it?
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 pm

hi welcome and good luck!
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Welcome!!! I haven't heard of the no dinner diet either, please tell us more about it! I love learning about new plans.

With the 5 bites don't feel like you can't throw part of your food out if it goes over 5 bites, in fact its a nice feeling to eat 5 bites and chunk the rest Smile I think 45 lbs in 3 months is doable but you'll have to stick to the 5bites at lunch and dinner 100%, no extra bites Smile Good luck and I can't wait to follow your journey!!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 am

Thanks alot for the support! You ladies made me feel so welcomed Razz

The no dinner works pretty well for me except that it kinda kills my social life. Normally people meet up for dinner to catch up and everything. It seems rude to not eat or if u tried to explain that ur on this no dinner diet, they might make discouraging comments. So I wanted to find another alternative to diet.=\

I lost 6 lbs in about 1 week and a half on the no dinner diet. But I am not a breakfast person so I was only surviving on lunch alone.

Basically, just skip dinner totally. I don't think it would work well if you are used to having big lunches and breakfasts.
I was inspired by this guy named daniel tanner to do the no dinner diet. I can't seem to post up his link.

Was just wondering if anyone fce any problems with constipation since there so little input daily. Question

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:50 am

no constipation problems but you will go less as there is less to get rid of so that is normal Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:37 am

as to the toilet question i haven't really been going that much but think spryng is right about its because we are not really putting much in!

hey also just thought you might find it interesting that there is also a dinner only diet out there - i'm pretty sure its called warrior diet where you only eat dinner and no lunch or breakfast.

I guess all diets work in the long run because you end up eating less calories and best weight loss strategy is one you can stick to/find easiest!
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for the replies!

Hope I can stick to this diet, I wanna be able to have lunch and dinner with my family and friends.
It seems that I can learn so much about portion control and re-train my body with this diet.

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:40 am

you can do it! dieting is all a mental game in my opinion. the best thing about this diet is the quick results which encourages you to stick to it.

I would be lying if i said that the hunger goes away in a few days. however you just end up being used to hungry and its not a painful hunger. usually it comes and goes and i find drinking tea and water helps keep it at bay between meals.

starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 am

I agree with starbucks, the hunger is much more manageable now. Its like my body knows when I eat lunch and dinner because I get really hungry about 30 min before each meal now but nothing crazy and I'm not hungry before bed anymore so just a couple times a day and it's just a gnawing hunger, not intense like it is the first 3-4 days. And yes, you can definitely retrain your body with this diet! I'm in my 10th week and it's still adapting but 5bites makes me feel stuffed (who would have thought that 10 weeks ago? LOL not me!) and I don't ever feel deprived and I just enjoy food more now. I stopped cooking for years for various reasons but now I have renewed interest in it to try new things, new dishes, new flavors and I enjoy every bite and have no problem stopping at my 5th bite. So that is major progress on my part, LOL So stay strong, the first 3-4 days are the toughest but you can do it! Once you get past those days it gets so much easier!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:57 am

I'll def be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Today, my colleagues kept trying to get me to eat! They offer me soooooooo much food. Sigh... Sometimes, I think females colleagues can be so scary. Once I announce that I will be on a diet, they start offering me KFC fried chicken, cakes and many snacks and I start to wonder if there is any hidden agenda. Twisted Evil Luckily, I did not succumb to temptations.

I had only what was planned. Half a salmon wrap for lunch and half for dinner.

I have really small bites so I actually can't finish a snickers bar in 5 bites. Is anyone having the same prob? How do u guys gauge your food? Especially sandwiches.

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:02 pm

For me I think my bites are bigger because I can eat a snickers in 3 bites, 4 if I'm being lenient, LOL so I stay away from candy bars but that is mainly because I don't have a sweet tooth, I like savory foods. But you eat your bites the way you normally do, so don't feel like you have to take bigger or smaller bites, just take a bite that is comfortable to you.
and yes! I think women do have hidden agendas, LOL secretly no one wants you to look better than them so although they are probably nice and have good intentions on the surface deep down they wanna see you stay the same, no one likes others to be changing and them to stay the same, LOL it makes them have to think about their own weight or habits etc and of course with this diet people think we are plain crazy! I've only told a couple of people and they immediately think I'm starving myself and want to lecture me or they watch me eat, I hate that, LOL so I only told like two people and no one else knows, they are just gonna see me losing weight and I'll tell them I'm just eating better, case closed, LOL
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Yea! I know what you mean! I get the same reaction and they even tried coaxing me that another few more bite won't make a difference! The best part is most of them are also on a diet! LOL

I'm not used to having dinner yet. So I was wondering if I can take 5 bites for lunch and skip dinner totally.... I feel uncomfortably full even with only 5 bites for dinner.... Would that be too extreme? confused

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:00 pm

you mean skip breakfast and dinner?? I would say if you are honestly not hungry at dinner and can skip it without feeling overly hungry later in the night that might lead to a binge, then skip it. Let your body guide you but 5 bites a day is really low so maybe if you don't want dinner you could have a 5 bite breakfast instead? something with protein to fuel you? but totally up to you.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 am

Ummm.. I don't know if I lost the weight too fast previously but now I seem to be hitting a pleateu. My weight hasn't changed since 2 days ago. Its pretty upsetting. Maybe I'll cut dinner down to 2-3 bites? Gotta work harder!

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 am

how much have you lost since starting? i do find that if i loose alot one day than next few days slows or stops and then picks up again... also taking in more fluides helps me Very Happy
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Didn't you just start this week? what I would do is stop weighing daily. Just weigh once a week if the scale is gonna get you down. I know for me I lost the most weight my first 3 days then it slowed way down the next 4 days.. then picked back up again in week 2 etc. Its just your body figuring out what you are doing. You will lose water weight right away and when you start actually burning fat, by day 3-4 it will slow down and become more even. So hang in there! it's normal to have several days of good losses and several of little to no losses and some people will experiance no losses for awhile and then WHOOSH a big loss. so it will all even out and I'd even encourage you to measure yourself because I found even though I'm losing slower than most I'm losing inches faster than most already gone down 2 sizes in just 8 weeks on this plan, that is fast! so the inches lost might encourage you during those phases the scale is slow.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks for all your support ladies! I lost 6 pounds in about 1 week and a half then it stopped since then. Good news! today i finally dropped another 1 lb!

I actually had a bad day yesterday. We went to a salad bar and had more than 5 bites... Maybe 10.. My colleagues kept telling me i should eat more and got annoyed at me when i didn't. Sigh.. Seems like it's not just a battle with myself.

I'm gonna shut out all these voices and focus on my goal!

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Sabboteurs is what I call them, LOL I know they probably mean well but you are gonna have to just put your foot down and say hey, this is my diet, respect me enough to support it and stop encouraging me to go off plan. We battle our own thoughts enough to stay on plan, we sure don't need our friends or coworkers nudging us to constantly cheat, LOL
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:38 pm

yeah thats why i don't tell people what im doing if i know they are going to be the unsupportive type. then that way when i eat with them i just say i just ate so not that hungry. i think another suggestion from another post was to say your stomach not feeling so well cause no one would get you to eat if you say those things however if you say you are dieting they will start saying all these things and say how unhealthy it is blah blah blah. lol sorry for ranting.

do you know whats also weird... no one ever seems to tell other people that they are eating too much however they are quick to point out people that eat too little...
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonie on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

Lol despite the temptations, I managed to stay strong but not doing too well on the 5 bite cuz my bites are way too small. =\
My one bite is like a few strands of noodle or if I'm having Short cut pasta, it'd be one pasta per bite. I can't really keep going on 5 pieces of pasta.

Breakfast was one fresh date and 1 bite of bun. I had half a bowl of ramen for lunch and a cup of fresh fruit juice. No dinner.

Morning weigh in
143.9 lbs

Had plenty of water.

Hope to be 138 lbs by the end of next week. sunny

Thanks for all the encouragement. I would def just ignore people who try to sabotage me in my diet and focus on my goals.

LOL that's so true. I don't see my colleagues reminding me that I was eating too much before I started on this diet.

Moonie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:29 am

Your doing great keep it up
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 am

Even as far as saboteurs go, why do we feel the need to give in? Have we ever thought that we, ourselves, are our biggest enemy? I need to start putting my foot down.(and my fork) and saying: Hey! This is my choice to eat how I want!

Cheers,

Connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:31 pm

I agree with that 100%, they can pressure us and we are never too old for peer pressure but in the end it's our decision and our willpower that will get us through that meal or not. And coming from personal experience sometimes we win and sometimes we eat too much.. it happens. We just learn to do better at the very next meal, keep going. I feel like I am learning so much about myself on this plan and about food in general. I'm just LOVING it. Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  connie on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm just LOVING it.

Me too!

Connie I love you
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content