Under the candles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Under the candles

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 am

156 days into maintenance and doing great. Still keeping my BMI at 18 and eating ANYTHING.

No magic in this portion control diet, the main thing is to keep focus, be consistent in the bites size and just do it.

How bad do I want this? Very badly...
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

One mistake I did while on maintenance

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:49 am

A big mistake I made while on maintenance was to skip a meal and eat 10 bites for the next one.

In my head, it would come down to the same result at the end of one day right? ... wrong...

The stomach will adjust to the volume of food I would eat in one sitting. So if I eat 10 bites in one sitting, the wall of my stomach will adjust itself to receive this volume of food... volume here... not total of calories for the day...

So the next day, my hungerstat would be asking for 10 bites of food in one sitting, not 5. I could not understand why I was still hungry after, lets say 5 days of eating 5 bites twice a day (which I did not eat twice a day, but once a day..).

The volume of food in the stomach is comparable, to me anyway, to a birthday ballon. No air inside the balloon, it is flat. Put air inside the balloon, the walls of the balloon becomes inflated... by volume...

This 5bd is so simple and it is the problem here for me. I seem to look for complicated explaination where in reality, it is sooooo simple to figure this out. I am getting there... I am...

Now I know my mistakes.
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 am

Dmac,

Yes, I had hunger spam but not much of cravings. I welcome hunger with my open arms because this pain is in direct line with my stomach asking for more food. By not giving in food, my hunger turns around and eat out of my fatty cells, the ones in storage in my body.

Doing this way of eating, my body eats up the inside and I get slimmer. What a joy!

As for cravings, I do get cravings here and there. My cravings are always associated with 'emotions'. I have learned to control my emotions to a stable state by eating whatever I want, when it is the time to eat. Meaning, let say I crave donuts at 10ham in the morning. I plan my next meal to include that particular craving, here, a donuts.

I have discovered that cravings are, for me, anyway, a frustration directly to 'not be able to eat ANYTHING'. This portion control diet is, slowly but surely, eliminating the cravings because I can eat anything, anything...

I love salty and sweet food, mixed together. At each meal lately, for the last two weeks, I eat one bite of sweet in the form of cake, cookies, chocolate and one bite of salty food like chips. It does the trick for me.

It took me a while to adjust to this portion control way of eating. So far, I am in control of it.[quote]

Last edited by Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 am

Spryng, the only thing working for me, right now, is keeping Focus on portion control.

I read the forum everyday and watch Dr. Lewis video each week.

I got his book also. Marvellous piece of mind for me.

Last edited by Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:13 am

Amu82,

156 days now done and maintening nicely.

My total bites for one day is between 20 to 25. If I go above this, I will register a gain the day after eating.

I determined this amount of bites by adding slowly food daily, and weighting myself very often during the day. I am still doing lunch and dinner only, my personal preference.

What is important here is knowing how much my body can take, in portion control, without getting above 18.5 of BMI.

Maintenance is going well. I am focusing in total portion control. I prefer to be slim and healthy than having to start all over again, this crazy way of falling of the wagon kind of talking.
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

wow you have done brilliantly well and your story of your weight loss journey is inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I really appreciate you coming back and letting us know how maintenance is going for you it really helps to here frum someone how's maintaining so please continue to stop by it helps thanks
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 pm

it is so great to see a continued success story here!!! I cannot wait to join you in maintenace and 20-25 bites a day sounds lovely! I can't wait to be there!!!! Please come back often to share your maintenance journey Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks so much for the advice that you have given. I am getting close to my goal weight of 115, however if I were to base it on a 18.5 BMI then I should keep going. Reading about your juorney to your 18 BMI amkes me want to keep going-I can't wait until I can start the maintenence plan. You are quite an inspiration and you let me know that this is 100% doable.
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am

212 days done on the 5 bite diet and doing great.

Now it is very important that I do not let it go and that I keep on focusing as if I were overweight. Most of us, when we reach a 'comfort zone' have a tendency to just 'relax and let the belt goes' kind of way. People start to tell us that we do look great, slim, bla bla and more bla, right?

Buckle up and keep speeding. And believe in yourself that you can make it to the finish line. Turn away from negative vibes, put on tight clothing and focus... just focus!

No way I will let anybody tells me what to do, no way now.
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm

Reading about your success and maintenance plan is so motivating, and so helpful. What you said about a comfort zone is soooo true. It's one reason I really don't like when people compliment me on weight loss. I start to feel like I'm doing great, then lose focus and it all goes downhill. Thanks for checking in with us and sharing your experience.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks so much for checking in and congratulations on your continued success with the 5BD!!!!!
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am

Time to update I guess,

257 days done and still doing maintenance. I would not say that maintenance has been a breeze for me. I still have to weight myself every day because if I do not, I am afraid to go too low on the scale.

Yep, I have to pinch myself for writing this but it is true.

This 5bd is addictive in a sense that once I had reached my healthy weight according to my BMI of 18.5, I wanted to see how low I could get to. Right now, I am comfortable where I am, at a BMI of 18.1. My fat cells have moved around and had repositioned itself here and there, where most needed.

My face looks less skin and bone now and my arms are starting to gain a bit of fat again. I was afraid of getting the 'look' of too much skin on my body but with time, it does replace itself. After all, skin is a very thin layer, over the fat cells and if the fat cells are empty, then the skin just repositions itself over that emptiness.

But now, if I do not pay attention much to my eating, I still loose weight. I am struggling a bit here as to know and to recognize the need to eat a bit more than my hunger is telling me. Being at my healthy weight now, my need for food has diminished a great deal and my hunger message send to my brain is less and less frequent.

So for me, maintenance is about knowing when to eat and when to accept the weight I am right now. Amazing this portion control, isn't?
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your maintenance experiences. It's awesome that your skin is tightening up and your hunger levels are reduced. I can't even imagine losing weight by accident! Truly amazing.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed May 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for sharing that! I can't wait to be right there with you! : ))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 on Thu May 31, 2012 2:17 am

Wow that's awesome thank for sharing your experience with us.
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu May 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow.. you are so kind to let us in.. losing weight without even meaning to.. one day me too.. Im in.. Thank you again.. flower Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 am

Important note is don’t eat any breakfast..eat the first of the 5 bites around 1pm the next day.

That way you will have gone almost 18 hours with no fuel in your stomach since you last ate the night before at 7 pm or so.

Your body will be sure to tap into the excess fat reserves for the energy… and the rest is just amazing in loosing the weight.

Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 am

Portion control is the only way to go for me.

First I need to control my hunger so here is what I do for exactly three days :

Breakfast : hot water with lemon juice, no coffee

Lunch : at around noon, 56 gr of food, using a kitchen scale (5 bites of food). I use a very small kitchen scale that fits in my pocket and carry it outside the house when needed. I need that tool because I do not trust myself around social eating. Diabetics people carry their tools with them, I do the same!

Dinner : between 5hpm and 7hpm, 56g of food, using a kitchen scale (5 bites of food) and with that, I am done eating for the day. ONLY WATER IS TAKEN DURING THOSE THREE DAYS, AND WATER WITH NOTHING IN IT, JUST PLAIN ORDINARY WATER.

The same routine is done, very precisely, for three consecutive days. Those three consecutive days are crucial in killing the need to eat all the time and to help me in building up a very stable and a very ‘true’ feeling of hunger.

That way of eating should establish my hunger, bringing down to a minimum of hunger need to eat. Three perfect days of doing so should be enough. The first time I did it, it almost killed huge migraines, fatigue, no energy, very cold, etc... but I was determined to kill that addiction, that 'evil' need living in my head.

Next step, I continue on doing just that, until I have reach a perfect state of health and of desire weight (either by using clothing or a person scale to determine where I want to be). Even when I am 3 or 4 pounds heavier than my 'perfect weight', I know it just by looking at my face and my eyes. It shows.

10 bites of food a day will sustain a 50pds person. So if only 10 bites of food is taken each day, the weight lost will be very drastic and very fast but easy if the hunger has been established during those 3 first days.

The four day, I keep on eating those 10 bites until I am comfortable controlling my hunger. That should be very easy because the body takes only 3 days to establish a stable hunger. But be careful here, if I cheated on one of those three days and ate, lets say 22 bites, my hunger will be at 22 bites. It is like a balloon, it gets bigger depending on the air put inside...

For example here, if my weight is at 170 pounds and I am 5'5'' tall, I perfectly know that I am overweight. I do not need to weight each day to know that. I just need to eat less to loose. Eating less is easier if I establish my 'hunger' prior to eating less. Three days of perfect eating will do just that. It is surprising how fast the body adjusts itself if I do those perfect three days.

Once I am happy at the look, the health and the weight I have reached, I start to eat more, little by little, until I do find the quantity of food (intake) that put my body to a stable health and a stable condition. This step is getting easier and easier as I am learning to see where that fat is going on my body. Being at my perfect 18.5 BMI, I see right away those extra bites taken two days ago, went...

The quantity of food taken after my hunger establishment will be like a 'DNA' to me, as each person has a different build, different foods and different daily life. For sure, my regular intake of food daily right now is very small, because I am very small. I have decided to be at that weight so I have to accept that. I just CANNOT eat like before (quantity here).

One thing to keep in mind is to 'Never try to eat as before doing the 'portion control', in quantity that is', because that way will bring me back to my original problem of having to loose weight.

If, by misfortune, I happen to eat too much one time, I just go back to establish my hunger again for 3 days or less and as soon as my hunger is stable, I start to pay less attention to the quantity and to pay more attention to my hunger. That way, I have a safe way of eating only what my body needs because it is telling me the quantity by using my hunger.

The beauty of portion control to me is : I get to choose what ever I want to eat, so there is not deprivation on the choice made here.

The beauty of portion control to me is : I get to choose the weight I want to be, the perfect state of health for me only.

The beauty of portion control to me is : I know a way out when I eat too much. I can use the three days of '10 bites a day' to get back very fast to my starting point. Three days is nothing but a personal commitment to myself. After those three days, I am ready to face it all.

The beauty of portion control to me is : I am healthier with it, eating what my body is telling me to eat. Some days, I crave for sweets, other days, I crave for something else. I get to choose according to the message of my body to me. That is amazing because after a while of doing so, my intake of food balances itself without the help of extra vitamins here and there.
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Welcome back.. sounds like you really have it all sorted out.. yay cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Nutella, thanks for checking back in and the tip about the lemon water is intriguing. I will for sure weight out 56g to see how it looks...but like I'm not sure if that would work for me completely because it involves weight rather than volume. Like 56g of spinach leaves takes up more volume in your stomach than 56 grams of a snickers bar. But who am I to argue, you're the one with 18.1 bmi? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Would love to see you post your before and after pics or even just an after pic in the pictures section.

Again, thanks for checking in...you are always so inspiring with your insights into the diet and maintenance especially! alien alien alien alien

Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 am

Hi Snow White,

Thank you.

56gr is for when I weight my food, but in any other case, like eating crisps (chips in USA), I go by bites. I basically take few potatoes chips, eat five times that amount and be done with it. The same applies with anything else, I use a regular fork, or a spoon or else and just eat five portion to one sitting.

Yesterday for example, I had a plate of spaghetti for lunch. I took a plastic glass, put it on top of my portable scale and weighted 56 gr. of noodles only. Then, I took my fork, and ate the spaghetti from the plastic glass while counting each bite and the total was 5 bites in the plastic glass. It was precisely five bites.

I do not do that step every time I eat now but I was explaining to somebody that, even if we do not have a food scale in our pocket!!!..., 5 bites twice a day for three days, is possible when eating. Any kind of food eaten can be five bites, even pizza, popcorn and salad. Be consistent and it really works.

As for my lemon water, I do not drink coffee but need something hot in the morning so I drink lemon in hot water. Lemon has calories therefore it does activate my digestive system but now that I am at 18.5BMI, I do not retain water over this little oops.

If only more people would be successful in doing those consecutive three days of suffering and be hungry (to establish the hungerstat), and then be done with it, they would know what 5bdx2 a day is really about.

This portion control is amazing, it works perfectly and the extra pounds go away like that. We have a tendency to make simple things complicated. Re-reading the book from Dr Lewis, every single day, helps a lot also. Keep focus, have it done with it and then, go shopping for that new pair of Jeans!
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Wow that is soooooooooooo great!!!! Have fun with shopping bounce bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Nutella,

Thanks so much for your reply. My problem is I can get through the first 3 days, a full week even and then I just give in and it takes me a while to get going again. I have a lot to lose and I really have a love affair with food that I can't seem to get past completely. I can imitate the diet for at the longest 14 days and then boom, I fail. I say imitate because if I made it a true part of my life I could continue it successfully...yet at the same time I believe in it because I know it works.

About the lemon water...do you use fresh lemons for that?

Thanks so much,

Snow
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum