SaltyDogs 5 Gnaw Journal....

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SaltyDogs 5 Gnaw Journal....

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh, I am SO focused today. I have an added challenge today, too. There was a breakfast at my daughters school and I'm had my first 5 bites there instead of lunchtime, so the afternoon is gonna be FUN! I already have lots of water planned....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Good luck! You can do it! bounce

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 pm

yeah just stay busy and those hours between meals will fly Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Had a great day yesterday.....I had a breakfast to go to, so I used my first 5 bites there and knew that lots of liquids thru the day would carry me thru to dinner. It worked fine. I didn't even really get hungry until I started fixing dinner.....

(8/26)
B: 5 bites cinnamon scone
L: water/coffee
D: 5 bites Italian Sausage & Red Bell Pepper
h2o: 80 oz

I haven't weighed in a couple of days b/c of a few extra bites one day, but I did this morning and I'm down another 2 1/2 lbs! Very Happy GREAT way to start week #2!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:04 pm

that is fantastic for week two! congrats!!! soooo exciting!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 am

I'm sooo excited for you, What a way to keep on losing :0

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:55 am

Thanks, Spryng and Ewhet!! That was nice to see this morning....

today's bites:

B: coffee/water
L: 5 bites chicken on tortilla
D: 5 bites turkey ham with melted cheese
and......1 bite chocolate chip cookie dough. (I had to)
h20: 100oz (at least)

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:35 am

ahhhhh, a great achievement day for me today. I went to the movies today around lunch time, brought my own Snickers bar and had lunch while watching the movie. I know you're not suppose to bring your own food into the theatres, but I knew it was 5 bites and I can't be trusted at the movies, to be honest with you. Movies mean a large popcorn and a large diet coke for me. Everytime. That is a habit I need to break. My friend asked if I wanted to get a small popcorn and I said 'No' 'cause when it comes to movie theatre popcorn, I have no control and knew that I would not be able to stop at 5 bites of it. When I hit goal, I will work movie popcorn back into my life (a small, thank you!), but for now.....nope. My friend sat next to me (she does not know I am on the 5BD) with her big ol' platter of nachos with cheese and I wasn't phased really. Well into the movie I had to remind myself to eat my Snickers so I wouldn't be eating it too close to dinner time. It's been a long time since I had to 'remind myself to eat' anything! That Snickers was so yummy. I am still blown away at the freedom of this diet....no more denial! *sweet freedom*

I went to see 'The Help', btw and it was AWESOME. I highly recommend it!

So today:
B: coffee
L: 5B Snickers
D: 5B Chicken Salad and Red Bell Peppers on Whole Wheat tortilla
h20: 40 oz so far....more to come....

My weigh in this morning had me down another .5 lb for 10 day total of 12lbs lost. Every little bit helps! Still in my size 14 jeans though. Really wanna get down to those 12's. I say another 10 lbs and I'll get there. I DID wear a shirt to church last night I haven't worn in over a 1 1/2 years because it was too tight. yay! Another non-scale victory! Very Happy

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Keep up the great work! 12 lbs is amazing!!! You'll be seeing those 12's in no time. Maybe another 5 lbs or so.

Great NSV as well! that is quite an accomplishment at the theater! My family always has to have popcorn with extra butter etc too so I know those smells and such you had to endure but that snickers was a perfect idea for in there!!! Great job!!!

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks, Spryng! Not such a good day today. Had a few more bites here and there. Nothing that'll blow me out of the water, but I'm sure there will be no loss tomorrow. No biggie. Back on it strict tomorrow....

B: Coffee/water
L: 5B egg salad sammich
4B chocolate chocolate chip cookie
D: 7B chicken sammich
h2o: 80 oz

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Yep all we can do is keep moving forward and starting over at our very next meal and from the looks of it you didn't go crazy so I'm sure it won't set you back much if any Smile Here is to a great on plan day! we can do it today!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 pm

salty, that's kind of how my day went. I'm going to weigh tomorrow and do 5 bites x2 like usual and just keep on a rollin'. You are doing awesome by the way.

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks, Spryng and ewhetstone.....you guys are awesome cheerleaders! I see we have Shnookie on here too...so YAY for another one to add to the team!

So Spryng was an inspiration for me to make a minor alteration to my meals on Tuesdays. She is lunching on fruit to cut calories a little more and I am doing that for dinner on Tuesdays b/c it is the one night a week we enjoy dessert as a family. We always get frozen yogurt from this little place near us and, instead of the 'medium-size' one I used to get pre-5BD, I now get the smallest size available, the 'mini'-size. It is 4oz and 160 calories. I don't want to feel deprived and not be able to enjoy this little tradition we have, so I have to account for it somehow. So now on Tuesday nights for dinner, I am doing all low-cal, low fat veggies. No carbs, no meat, etc. In my head, I think the two will balance out. I'll find out tomorrow morning when I weigh if my thinking is correct! Unlike today though, I'll need to make sure my lunch has some protein in it, as per the book suggestions.....

My meals for today:
L: 5B Snickers bar
D: 5B Steamed Broccoli
h2o: yep, 80oz
AND 45 minutes on the treadmill....

I went to Old Navy with my hubby today and found a little t-shirt I liked. I was able to buy it in a medium again (I used to wear M and have been back up to XL's!) Now if I can just get the 'junk out of my trunk', I'll be very happy!! Laughing

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm

I think that is a great idea! Then there is no disrupt to your tuesday tradition which I think is cool btw, LOL Let us know how it works out Smile eating brocoli for dinner, did it make you very hungry by bed time?
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:12 pm

No hunger last night, but getting to lunchtime today has been ROUGH! Stomach started growling at 9am. Eating lunch a little early today.

No loss this morning either, which kinda surprised me 'cause my clothes are really starting to hang on me. Oh well....Non Scale Victories!!!!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 pm

yeah I was ravenous this morning too!!! My stomach was growling from around 8am on, I ate lunch at 11 (fruit) and I'm hungry already for dinner... I keep telling myself to enjoy those hunger pangs, know they will revert to eating my fat stores so let it grumble away! it's working pretty good actually, LOL
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 pm

spryng, you're doing so good! I have had a rough day and ate what I wanted ;(

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

Great day today! No loss, but I can so tell in the way my clothes fit and my side-view in the mirrow...it's comin' off!

L: 5B Chicken & Cheese quesadilla
D: 5B Snickers bar
H2o: 80 oz

Dinner was not planned to be a candy bar, but I am glad I have a stash in my purse! I have a thing at my daughters' school this evening, so dinner is kinda not happening. I wasn't very hungry, but knew I needed to eat something quick....and there ya go. At least I got some protein in at lunch.....

A LOSS TOMORROW MORNING WOULD BE NICE!!!!!! (I yell that out to the 5BD gods in hope they hear!) sunny

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:37 pm

How did today go? Thinking about ya! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 am

So today was the end of week #2 and I had no loss....again. For week #2 I lost a total of 3lbs. BUT, looking at the big picture, I have lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks and I am THRILLED with that. If I lose another 15 over the next two weeks, that is 30lbs in a month and that is HUGE! (and gets me realllly close to my goal.) I know that with my previous weightloss adventure, after the initial large loss in week #1, your body slows in week 2 and sometimes doesn't lose anything, so I'm gonna be happy with that 3lbs. Here I go marching on into week #3!!!!!! Very Happy

Today:
B: coffee
L: 5B PB&J sammich
D: 5B Oven baked chicken tender
h2o: 40oz....so far....more to come.

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  shnookie on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am

Week 3 Very Happy Good for you, and after reading old posts from people, they would have a huge loss in week 1 and week 2 was around 1 pound, so the 3 pounds is great!
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm

yes 15 lbs in a huge accomplishment!! You are doing fantastic!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support.

I've decided not to do daily weigh-ins anymore, because I get kinda bummed if there is no loss. So once a week....maybe twice if I gotta, but that is it. I also bought some protein bars today to have around instead of Snickers bars. I figure something with low sugar, high protein and still five bites is a lot better for me than a Snickers bar. I had my first one today for lunch and they are actually very tasty and not icky-sugary sweet like a candy bar. I was afraid they were gonna taste like cardboard. They are called 'Pure Protein' and this box comes with Peanut Butter, Chewy Chocolate Chip and Super Chocolate. I bought these from Costco if you are interested.

Will check in later!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 pm

I think the protein bars sound like a great idea along with less weighing. I had to stop weighing daily too because even though you can rationalize the no loss or little loss it's still hard to swallow so that is why I went to once or twice a week as well.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:49 am

Congratulations on the 15lb that's fantastic an average of 1 lb a day I think is hard to beet keep up the good work
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top