Another Newbie....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Newbie....

Post  SaltyDog on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi everyone! New here, but not new to losing. Four years ago I lost 140 lbs on a program and I felt (and looked) amazing. First time in my life that I was ever not overweight and had a healthy bmi. Wellllll, 2 years ago, I got laid off from my job and spent the next year job hunting to no avail. During this time, I hit the fridge hard and put back 50lbs. Looking back, I can't believe I let a stupid job loss send me back to this place. But it stops here and I want to get these 50 off fast. So here I am. Let's go!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Newbie....

Post  spryng on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Welcome Saltydog!!!

It's so nice to meet you! My name is Spryng and Ive been on the 5BD for 18 days now... if you've never been on it before let me just warn you that the first 3-4 days is the hardest. But hang in there because once you are past the fatigue and initial days of hunger its a breeze! you get renewed energy and the hunger level is usually only before meals and tolerable for sure. Feel free to check out my daily journal on the journal page as well. I use it to keep accountable and it's really helped so far. Feel free to start your own too! Smile

I look forward to watching your progress! You can do it!
May I ask what diet you were following to lose 140 lbs? that is amazing!!!
spryng

Back to top Go down

Thanks!

Post  SaltyDog on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Spryng! Thanks for the welcome. About 60lbs I did on my own and the last 80 I did with the help of Medifast. Worked beautifully, as I lost 3-4 lbs a week, but MAN is it expensive. All in all, it took me about a year and four months to lose the 140. I don't have the funds to spend on it again and did some research on 5BD as it had similar results. I am ready to plow through this first week--hunger pangs and all! I've given myself the goal of Christmas, though I think I will hit my goal well before that. Thanksgiving would be GREAT!

My biggest challenge, 'cause I know I can lose the weight, is dealing with the mental baggage I still need to sift through. I can't let outside forces throw me over the edge like this last one did. I don't want to yo-yo again.

How much have you lost in your 18 weeks?

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:46 am

My goal is to be at goal by thanksgiving too! But in the last 18 days I haven't lost too much. 5.6 on week one and only .8 on week two... haven't weighed yet this week but my body is losing SO SLOWLY its really frustrating. So 6.4 in all so far but I think I've lost several inches because my shorts are about to fall off of me and my shirts fit very flattering now.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 pm

No movement on the scale, BUT changes in your clothing is what I used to call 'non-scale victories' and they are AWESOME!!!! Keep rockin' the 5BD! A couple of weeks of no loss is just your body trying to catch up. Next week you'll probably have a BIG ol' loss.....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Boy I hope you are right! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:18 am

Can't wait to see how you did!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down