Spryng into my journey with me

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  ElleBella on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:50 am

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for you 7.6lbs.. Wow.. you did soooooooooooooooooooooo great cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I like the Nos diet.. have a great time with it. You are so amazing.. bounce bounce bounce bounce

Yay...

have a super duper day. Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Ya way to go spryng 20 days perfect 5 bite is a challenge for shur congratulations you did fantastic Very Happy
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks Deb and Dmac!

I tell ya, it was kinda hard coming OFF the diet on sat and sun.. my mind did NOT wanna eat more I can tell ya that. I still skipped breakfast both days and saturday we went out to red lobster as hubby wanted their all you can eat shrimp fest and I got a lobster/shrimp pasta and picked at it.. I might have had 8-10 bites total and I felt like a slob.. soooo full. Dinner was the same.. but my husband was so proud of me for my challenge accomplishment that he let me go on a mini shopping spree! So I was able to buy a new pair of jeans and 3 tops... I know 7 lbs doesn't sound like too much but my stomach has really thinned down so my shirts and jeans fit me just right.. I don't wanna lose that feeling for sure. So my plan for this week is to stick to my NO S diet but I do it on salad plates as my plate, not regular dinner plates so it's still not too much food and I should continue to lose weight, albeit very slowly but I'll lose weight then I'll ramp it up again in my next 5 bite challenge which I'm thinking will be Sept 14th-21st 7 whole days of 5 bites so maybe by then some on here will wanna join me Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Spryng -

7.6 pounds - that ROCKS!!!!!!!!! You kicked ass, girl!!! That IS a lot, particularly on someone as small as you are. So cool that your clothes are fitting comfortably. Enjoy buying some new ones! You deserve it!

Having that beautiful focus for 20 days is a major accomplishment, and yes - you should be SO proud of yourself!!

I hear ya on trying to eat more, giving yourself permission to eat more, and YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT!! I've had that experience a couple of times in my (almost) 7 weeks here, and it's remarkable. THAT is the gift of this diet. It really does change your entire relationship to food. The real battle is the battle between your body, which is completely changed, and those cravings you mention. That need to eat, to be putting something in your mouth. That's how I know this diet works long term, and why you can maintain weight when you're finished losing. I've done things like Weight Watchers in the past (is that what Wendie's is? What is Wendies?) and all I do is find ways to get the maximum amount of food for as little points as possible. So when I would come off that diet, and eat whatever I wanted when the cravings got the best of me, I had a ton of stomach room - but I was putting really bad food in. Which would mean I gained it back. I know we've all done this...

Not to mention, I feel the same way about "diets" and counting, measuring, restricting - who needs it?! It's not a way to live. Drives me crazy. I don't want to think that much. I don't have to think on this diet. Just eat when it's time, my body shuts off the hunger, and I go about the rest of my life. There's a lot more room for a lot more life when you're not spending days obsessed about food and counting points and calories and carbs.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you'll be sticking around.

It's been lovely being on your journey with you. Smile Looking forward to more...

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Yay I am in all the way.. working daily to be a 5 biter.... slip ups or not.. just working on it.. a full week challenge is always welcome!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 am

You're doing great!!!! What is your final goal????
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi everyone!!

Snow White my final goal will be 120. I want to be 120 by Jlu of 2012 so I'm not in a huge rush but I definitely want to get there Smile

Ok just as a reminder, this friday, the 14th starts my 7 day 5 bite challenge so for those of you who are having a hard time sticking to this 100%, it's just 7 days of perfect 5 biting so I'll start my journal up then for daily check ins again. Why did I choose a friday start day? Because we are always starting monday,lol and we only have to give up one whole weekend and it might be easier to give up our first weekend when we are all gung ho and motivated then the last weekend when we start second guessing ourselves or getting weaker.. so it will run from fri to fri, our final 7 day weigh in on fri the 21st, I'm so hoping to lose at least another 5 lbs or so. I'll post my starting weight friday morning as I'm up right now just from going back to No Sing.. crazy how we gain from that extra meal a day plus more sodium etc.. everytime I go back to maintenance I put on 4-5 lbs right away and it just sticks..

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

No kidding..me too 5lbs eeek.. ok this Friday.. Yay Hope you have a great day!!
Deb
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 am

You mean July 2013 to be 120?

I'm trying to get as many perfect days as humanly possible! I may see about checking out your challenge! : )))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am

I posted the challenge in our challenge forum as well so we can all post there starting friday too Smile and yes 120 by July 2013 as that is our huge family reunion in california so I want to be looking amazing by then Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:13 pm

You already look amazing but I so get what you mean.. yay.. 120 it is then.. Cheers!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:19 am

So you're at 136-137, that's only 16 or 17 pounds until you reach your goal! That is wonderful! You can do this!!!!! Working toward an event goal like that will keep you motivated for sure! : ))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Challenge is ON!!
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Day 1 of challenge is TODAY! woo hoo! ok yeah I put on some weight since I left off on my last challenge.. on my 20 day challenge I was 137.2 today I'm 146.2 ... grrrr! but I've been super bad this week.. been stressed and binging etc as TOM has been visiting.. so I'm hoping most of that is just water weight and bloating and will be gone in no time. I'm hoping to lose at least 6 lbs this challenge.. so lets get this show on the road! I'll be posting my daily weigh ins etc in the challenge thread and I'll summarize here in a week, I don't wanna double post so find me over there, thanks! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I've gained 10 pounds in 2 or 3 days of undisciplined eating and bingeing. You'll get that weight off in no time! : ))))))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Yes you will..You have already around this block before.. game on ladies!! Very Happy
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it Smile The challenge is going well so far so I'm excited about that. All the details are posted on the challenge thread but I was doing some research today, trying to think ahead about what I want to do once this 7 day challenge is over. The 5 bite diet is so simple and fits into my lifestyle perfectly but as you've seen I can't do it longer than 7 days as my body figures out what I'm doing and comes to a HALT lol it's frustrating to say the least and I hate calorie counting and I'm never doing low carb again as it created 30 day TOMS for me so what is left? I want to finish my weight loss journey and I'd like to do it before the end of this year. I know I said I had until July of next year, and I do. Our big family reunion is July 20, 2013 and as long as I'm at goal and maintaining I'll be a happy woman but I don't want to keep dragging this out. I think after awhile we all just get burnt out on dieting in general.. it's like a second job at times. So the 5 bite is perfect as it's suppose to be QUICK.. well not for me lol Even if I'm 100% perfect on it I'll barely lose anything from days 8 forward.. and if I'm only gonna lose 1 lb a week I'd rather do it on a less restrictive diet, you know? But that is not what I'm talking about right now.. so per my internet research today I was looking at new diet books out, nothing was speaking to me.. then I was reading some weightloss blogs... again, not speaking to me.. then I found some info on calorie shifting! for those with sluggish metabolisms like myself! it's for those that if they stick to the same amount of calories or carbs a day the body will slow or even stop losing after a week or two.. described me for sure! I think I have found my backup plan to try! And the best part? I can convert those calories into bites so I'm not counting tedious calories but bites only each day/meal but shuffling my numbers each day to keep my body guessing and trick it into continuous weightloss.. it's perfect!
So how many calories are in a bite?? From Dr lewis I think he said it's about 50? that we are consuming about 500 cals a day on this plan but that wouldn't be right for me as he also says a snicker bar is 5 bites and I can eat it in 3.. yes I have a big mouth apparently lol so I'm changing a bite to be around 70 calories each so here is what a potential week could look like for me:
mon- 10 bites
Tues- 10 bites
Weds- 30 bites
Thu- 20 bites
Fri- 10 bites
Sat- 20 bites
Sun- 12 bites

this adds up to a weekly total of 112 bites per week (I got this number from finding my BMR and subtracting 3500 calories a week from it then converting into "bites" ) so anyway, I plan on adding in some exercise on my higher bite days to increase my losses from 1 lb a week to more than 1 etc.. I'm gonna start this on the 24th oh and every 12 days I get two whole days off the plan, this came from a diet called fat loss 4 idiots (it's an online calorie shifting plan you have to pay for but their idea is calorie shift for 11 days then take 3 days off, since I want to lose a little faster I'm doing 12 days and two days off ) so it's very doable I think. Anyway, I wanted to post the idea here and see what you all think.. I don't want to get away from the 5 bite idea at all as its helped me be more successful than any other diet I've tried out there and I can still incorporate some 7 day 5 bite challenges as well for an added boost.. maybe this way I can be at my goal of 120 by xmas???? Its so close I can almost taste it!! lol ok thanks for letting me ramble., I get excited when I research new ideas lol
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:08 am

Day 01= (0.0)=00.0lbs loss current weight: 146.2 (Beginning weight)
Day 02= (2.6)=02.6lbs loss current weight: 143.6 (a great start!)
Day 03= (2.6)=05.2lbs loss current weight: 141.0 (whoa mama! happy dance!)
Day 04= (1.2)=06.4lbs loss current weight: 139.8 (woo hoo!)
Day 05= (0.4)=06.8lbs loss current weight: 139.4 (I was wondering when it would slow down)
Day 06= (0.4)=07.2lbs loss current weight: 139.0 ( )
Day 07= (0.4)=07.6lbs loss current weight: 138.6 (I'll take it)
Final =(0.4)=08.0lbs loss current weight: 138.2

8 lbs lost this last week on the 7 day challenge. I am so happy with that. As my highest I've every lost in 7 days on 5 bite is 5.6 lbs this is just amazing!

So now I'm 18.2 lbs from my goal of 120.. so what is next for me? Well first I'll be doing a monthly 7 day challenge so you all look for one to come sometime in October! I think these are nice boosts for anyone. In the meantime I plan on "bite cycling" or shifting.. zig zagging.. its called a few different things on the web. Basically I'm going to switch up my calories daily to keep my body "tricked" so it continues to lose weight without stalls or slow downs. I'm converting my calories into Bites as you see from my previous post to make it simple as I hate hate hate to track calories.. that can be tedious.. bites are so much easier and I can just track them on my 80 bite app on my phone.

So my question is this.. would you mind if I still posted here, maybe not daily but at least weekly etc to keep my progress in print? I have come to love this forum so much and I know I won't technically be doing 5 bites but I am still tracking bites and weight loss but I don't want to stumble anyone either by eating more bites a day and others are struggling with 5 bites... I don't want to discourage anyone that is for sure. I know how tough the 5 bite diet is and I'm only supportive to those who are on it.. so please just be honest and let me know, you won't hurt my feelings I promise Smile

So anyway, today is day 1 of a whole new chapter for me. The way I have my new plan designed is to work it 100% for 12 days then take 2 whole days off. That idea was taken from a diet called Fat loss 4 Idiots.. it was summed up on this webpage:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4452835_shifting-plan-lose-weight-real.html so that fat loss 4 idiots is actually 11 days on 3 days off but since I'd like to be at goal by Xmas I'm gonna move that to 2 days off and since we are just coming off an extreme challenge I'm taking tomorrow off, it's my dads bday and we are taking him out to dinner etc so one night off isn't going to set me back, in fact after 7 days of being so strict my body will probably thank me lol So anyway today the plan is 20 bites.. tomorrow off.. then sunday 20 bites.. monday 10 bites.. tues 10 bites.. you get the picture.. keep my bites changing each day to keep my body guess but all the while I'm staying within my calorie deficit each week to lose 1-2 lbs consistantly. So this is all in theory right now as we'll see how it works in REAL LIFE lol with MY body.. goodness knows my body has a mind of it's own and does it's own thing but after hours and hours of research I truly believe this "shifting" will do the trick and of course putting in a monthly 7 day 5 bite challenge will be just the boost I need I think. So anyway, let me know what you think about this. Any feedback would be great!
Well I'm gonna get ready for work now, have an amazing Friday and thanks again for all who did the 5 bite challenge with me! It was a great week and I can't wait to do it again! Smile

spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:04 am

18 pounds to goal!!! That is incredibly close! I know how hard this diet is....but if I were that close I would just keep going w/ 5 bites...you could in reality be there in a month and you're on such a great roll right now!!! I was thinking about the egg diet you did before...I was thinking about doing it for lunch and then regular foods for dinner...I don't know! I'm with you whatever you decide to do! You're doing great and I'm sooooooooo proud of you! : ))))))))))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Snow White! If I thought my body would actually cooperate I would totally just stick to the 5 bite until goal but as you know once my body hits days 7+ it stalls out on this plan. It gets too used to the 10 bites a day and I'll go to losing 1/2 lb a week and if I'm only gonna lose 1/2 lb a week I wanna do it on a plan where I get a bit more food lol So that is why I'm shifting my bites now, to trick it and keep it guessing so it doesn't stall on me and I'll do a 7 day 5 bite challenge each month as well for a nice boost in there. I WILL hit my goal this year and it's gonna be with the help of 5 bite for sure Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 am

Yay for your plan.. and WOW for you amazing results.. love your energy.. stay with us no matter what plan you are on.. I have been away this past week or so.. sorry will try to be more on plan.. Hugs Zig zagging works really well I find.. done it many times for a quick drop in weight.. good luck! bounce
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:57 pm

I definitely plan on staying around Smile and thanks for the encouragement! I wish I could just do 5 bites and hit my goal quick but my body does not do that lol But so far this week has been great, I did 10 bites yesterday and again today and tomorrow is my 30 bite day, cant wait! Smile I will weigh each saturday so I'll post my loss or lack there of each week.
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 am

I can't wait to see how it works out for you! : ))))))))))))))))))
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:05 am

Yay for staying.. Thank you for replying to my blog.. her is mine;

Its sounds like you have Illeus.. I have a friend that has the same problems you do.. almost to a t.. You sound like you also have leaky gut love.. that is when you are a celiac.. the more you eat gluten the worse you will get.. you not being able to eat fat is due to your liver bile and gallbladder bile.. so a liver cleanse would do you well.. I am gluten intolerant.. but dr. thinks it is celiac.. I am not interested in having any more tests as I am sooooooooooooo done with that for now..lol..

the liver cleanse is simple but very effective.. Most of us have blocked liver ducts(stones block them up) and that is why we do not digest our food correctly.. mostly wheat, dairy and fat are the problem..

What you need: 1 1/2 gallons of water of apple juice
4 TBLS Epsom salt,
1/2 cup cold pressed virgin olive oil, or any clean tasty oil that is not vegetable.. like coconut, peanut or wallnut
2/3 glass of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice or lemon and orange juice combined.

Drink 32 oz (one quart)(4cups) of apple juice every day for 6 days. The malic acid softens the stones to make them easier to pass. (eat as usual)

On the 6th day of drinking apple juice, drink the apple juice in the morning, eat lightly and only drink water after 1:30 PM.

6:00 PM Prepare a jar of 32 oz. of water mixed with 4 TBLS of epsom salt (yuck!). Drink 8 oz. of the jar at 6. they suggests drinking it with a straw or your nose pinched to bypass some of the nasty taste.

8:00 Drink 8 more ounces of the salt water

9:30 they strongly suggests you do an enema or colonic at this point. ( this step I miss)

9:45 Squeeze the citrus and mix thoroughly with the 1/2 cup of EVVO.

10:00 Drink the EVVO/juice mixture as quickly as possible and lay down immediately. He says to either lay on your back with your head propped above your abdomen. Or lie on your right side with your knees pulled toward your head. Lie perfectly still for at least 20 minutes.

Stay by the toilet as you might have to evacuate before bed.. most suggest you just go to sleep till it wakes you up.. 6am.. or so..

Now if you chose to do this I have to tell you that some people do complain of throwing up and dumping.. but when you are ready to release the stones it happens all day.. take it easy for sure.. they can be lime in color or dark green.. large or small.. it is not painfull but feels strange lol..

Once you have done one most wish to do more to completely rid their livers of stones.. this changes digestion to heal and people say you will be able to consume wheat, dairy and fat again.. ? This is my first one.. my liver hates me right now so I wish to bring it back to the love me state.. lol

I am so sorry for your illness girl.. so not fun for sure.. hugs..

Its funny but when I do the 5 bite diet I always do the same as you .. 30 bites.. then 15 .. then 40 then 10 so on... its can work well..

Good luck with all.. Cheers! cheers
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Wow, that is quite the program to flush your liver but it sounds effective! Have you tried it yet and did it work?

So sorry I've been MIA.. I kinda botched last week, TOM was about to hit and I was craving salt and grease so bad it was driving me crazy so I caved a few times.. so by my weigh in saturday I was up 1.6 lbs.. I am happy to report though I got right back on plan and I'm down 1.4 of that gain as of today, my official weigh in isn't until saturday so I'm hoping to lose the other .2 plus some new lbs Smile So I'm happy to be back on track and this bite shifting is seeming to work, I like knowing I have a couple "high bite" days each week to make those low bite days of 10 bites not seem so bad to get through at all.. it's very doable and I have new incentive to keep at this as I'll be traveling for the first time for business come December and I really really really want to be able to buy a new outfit in a perfect size 6.. if I keep going I could be around 125ish and that would definitely put me in a 6 so I have to stay focused and I think between my bite shifting and then my 7 day 5 bite challenges each month I should get there with no problems, which reminds me, I added the new challenge for Oct on the challenge thread. I hope you all can join me! Smile
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top