im ready to be skinnier!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

im ready to be skinnier!

Post  cheeps on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:51 am

My doctor has been nagging me to do this for about a year so I'm ready now. My motivator is knee replacement surgery on July 6th, 2011. I weigh 222 now...I did weigh 252 at my highest weight two years ago.

I've been eating a modified 5 bite for months. B-5, l-5 and then eating whatever for dinner....so it's time to get serious. alien And I am so NOT a serious person. jocolor Sara

cheeps

Back to top Go down

Re: im ready to be skinnier!

Post  Dmac on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your weight loss. did your doctor recommend the five bite diet ?
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the Forum. I'm glad to read that you're not "serious." An old expression says that "Angels can FLY because they 'take themselves' lightly." When you've made yourself Light, you'll be zooming around.

Can I ask, is there some chance that WHEN you reach your true Lower Weight you may be able to skip the surgery? Now THAT would be motivating!! But even if Not, I can see that the less weight you'll be carrying around on that new knee would be easier, both in terms of recovery and for the rest of your life.

But you really CAN and SHOULD trust your body to keep you sane (but Not ""Serious") on this Diet. In the book, the Doc says three days is the MOST you'll feel any hunger, when doing 5 Bites X 2 Meals a day. That's been almost true in my case; I only felt hungry on the First day. He explains that three days is all it takes for our stomachs to adjust to the portion of foods we "habitually" take in, no matter What the amount (even Zero, in the case of fasting).

Please keep us up-to-date on how it's going.

Peace,

Marc
16Again

Back to top Go down

hunger

Post  cheeps on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi marc and dmac....

My doctor does recommend this diet and I have been doing the modified cheat version....kinda like the old carbo addicts diet...
that one was to eat 5 bites B and L and then eat anything you wanted for an hour at dinner. But I want to get the weight off and having the surgery helps me set the goal. I do better when I have a big purpose. I want to wear my clothes again too. I was cleaning out my deceased fathers photo albums and found pix of me in my late 20's....I looked mahhhvolus! So I'll be putting a few of those up for motivation.

I'm used to the hunger feeling and it doesn't bother me much at all. It's easy to do this diet until you leave the house....well, it's like that for me anyways! What a Face

I run out of insurance in September with little chance of affording any until I find a job so I need to go ahead and do the surgery as it's not going to get better even with weight loss. That's a good point though...and I wish I could hold on...I'm bone on bone on the inside of my right knee. Some days it's ok and some I can't walk at all.

Thanks for the welcome....I'm not going anywhere....this seems like a GREAT forum. Sara

cheeps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top