Round 2- 6 weeks to make this happen.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Round 2- 6 weeks to make this happen.

Post  insanity on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 pm

You made your goal for today, that awesome! I'm so happy for you!
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 am

insanity wrote:You made your goal for today, that awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Your doing great tea
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:20 pm

yay go tea you are doing awesome! cheers
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks Dmac and Starbucks!!! tongue This diet gets easier when u dont allow urself a set back. I dont think i've ever been on this diet this rigidly for this long, and wow it really does get a lot easier. at this point im really discouraged from going over my bites at all cuz i dont want to go backwards and trigger my hunger again. since starting this diet, no binges and no out of control moments!

weighed in today at 114.6 i cant believe it, past 115! so happy!

Just got back from a night call, slept and now im all messed up with my 5 bite timings. I just decided ill have a little 5 bite granola bar and some tea. Im halfway thru both and im not hungry anymore... I will give it a few minutes and then ill finish it.

Lunch- (4:30) 5 bite granola bar (100 cal) + Tea (10 cal with creamer and splenda)
Dinner- (7:15) 1 medium apple (about 10 bites eaten slowly- 80 calories)

=== total 15 bites 190 cal ===
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 am

wow under 115 im so proud of you! and a little jealous Wink lol hopefully il be joining you very soon!
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 am

114.3 today, not much of a change despite the fact that ive been rigid (if not more so) yesterday with so few calories consumed. I'm going to try to be strict again today, but im actually feeling quite weak today which is uncool. I have another 12 hour shift coming up, but i may have a decent dinner tonite when i come home (maybe take in 10 bites rather than 5) just to try to get myself back to normal.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 pm

yesterday i had

breakfast- 1 granola bar (5bites 100 cal)
lunch- 1 granola bar (5 bites 100 cal)
and dinner i went to costco and got a chicken bake (no idea how many bites- about 770 calories)

okay why did i do that u ask? - simple, the day/night before i was feeling really drained and i couldnt sleep at night, i was so weak that i couldnt flip my body over when i was sleeping to toss and turn! and thats really stupid. That was a huge red flag that i needed to give my body a little break or else i would just be hurting myself. So yesterday despite my diet judgement screaming at me to stop and dont eat it, i did have a chicken bake, and i ate it slowly and i enjoyed it. It was not a binge, it was a dinner to give my body some nutrition so that i could get an awesome sleep today and then have reserves to go another week of strict weight loss. Despite this i weight in today at 115.3. A lb up, BUT the chicken bake was also about a lb or 2 (those things are heavy). I weighed myself right after i ate it (including my tea i followed it with, i know that sounds funny). and i was only 115 (lower than now, so a lot of the weight has to be water), I highly doubt that the entire chicken bake is attached to some part of my body right now, and i know that its the weight of the food, and water weight cuz it was a truck load of sodium.

I have been extremely strict with this diet for the last week or so and i have lost about 4 lbs, but i need to also make sure that i dont do damage to my body during this time. SO im not hard on myself right now, im not upset and im not beating myself up over this. It was a calculated move that i did cuz i was getting scared with how fast my body was losing weight and how drained i was feeling and i acted. Today on the other hand after the best sleep i've had in a while, i feel great. More than that my chicken bake is no longer busting thru my shrunk stomach like it was last night (haha) and i also dont feel deprived cuz i ate exactly what i had been craving for and i ate it like a normal person. Im jumping right back onto the diet today (i only bought one chicken bake so i could eat it then and not have it around the house for a repeat offense) and its totally okay cuz i know that one lb is not a real one lb.

i just wanted to be honest about yesterday and to tell u guys that have been on the diet for a little while that if u feel like ur body needs to get some nutrition on this diet u need to listen to it. Dont go off on a food bender and binge the night away, but just eat something that has lots of flavor with protein and some fats and some carbs and eat it and enjoy it. Dont rush it down, put it in a plate, eat it with a knife and fork to slow u down and just be okay with what your doing. Just make sure that the next meal is 5 bites and u will be totally fine. I think the fact that i emotionally accepted what i was doing really kept me from feeling bingey and nutsy. After uve been on the diet for a week or so u mentally dont want anything to do with non-5 bite meals, u only have one body and you cant afford to damage it, you cant always see damage immediately.

=== ~ 40 bites 900 calories ===

today will be:
Lunch (2:30)= 5 bite granola bar + tea (110 cal)
Dinner= after i had my granola bar im actually kinda not hungry, i think i will just have some tea and/chug some water or something for dinner time. Im glad to see that my stomach is STILL small and gets filled up easily. (i always fear that im going to have to start at day 1 again after larger meals on this diet)

i will also include a little walk today to get my body to use up what it's newly acquired. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  morethanbooks on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:46 pm

I understand your reasoning, and you're right, your health is important. Keep going strong, you were one of the main reasons why I joined this site!
morethanbooks

Back to top Go down

week 2

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 pm

more than books, thats really sweet and i hope i can keep motivating you! The weight comes off faster than you think it will - especially if u keep urself motivated and eliminate as many obstacles as possible. Hearing all you guys chime in and stuff really keeps me motivated and strong, I am ever grateful for all your support Smile

Sometimes u just have to listen to your body. The last time i was on this diet i lost a lot of weight really fast, but i also had some cheat days (not always were they cheat days that were calculated for Embarassed ) none the less, cheat days whether we like it or not are times when our body gets to top off its stores. The important thing is to understand that you gave ur body what it needed, if it keeps asking for it u have to take a step back and say "okay do u what to go kitchen crazy cuz ur actually deficient in something or other, or cuz ur just being a fatty?" If you are physically not doing so hot, then screw it and protect your health, but there is no reason for you body to be asking for a repeat offense the next day. Today I have been perfectly 5 biting, and im happy. okay yesterday i might not have lost weight, but today i will. I minor set back, but i have my energy back and im feeling much better! I's 115 now, and i have 5 weeks to lose anywhere between 8-10 lbs (as long as im under the 110 mark by the time i go to that wedding, ill be happy, and the rest i can get off ASAP following that time goal) I lost 4 lbs last week, as long as i keep it up i should not have a problem making that mark. I'm hoping for 110 by this saturday. Lets see if i can make goal # 2 happen. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

lunch= granola bar (5 bites 100 calories) + tea (20)
dinner = skipped (a few cups of tea 50 cals?)

== 5 bites 170 calories ==

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:15 am

I think you made the right decision to have some planned extra calories. Good idea to listen to your body.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks guys! So as promised yesterday I just had a granola bar for lunch and skipped dinner. Despite this my weight is still 115.3 so that's kinda weird. None the less, today I plan on doing the best I can. I had a 5 bite protein bar (180 cal) for lunch followed by coffee at 12:00pm. I will see if I'm hungry for dinner tonite, but at this point I am more sleepy than hungry, I might just crash when I get off my shift. Also, my mother sent me a snack package in the mail that im expecting tomorrow, so I'm going to have to figure out a strategy to deal with her baked love. I think I'm going to take all of it and chop it up into bite sizes, stick it in containers and deal with it that way, otherwise it's too easy to binge on it all. I'm determined to stay on this diet as strict as I have been, so I will keep u all updated with what works!

lunch - protein bar (5 bites 180 cal) + coffee (20)
dinner- 2 bites prunes (80 calories) + coffee (20)
+ tea (30)

== 7 bites, 330 calories total ==

when i came home i was back down to 114.6 (yay) and that was after drinking alot of coffee to try to get rid of the water weight, and after eating a protein bar and whatever else, so im happy enough. had a few bites of prunes to keep the system moving and to give myself some energy to sleep restfully

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Tea I wouldn't wory about your weight staying the same sometimes I will do the diet perfectly and stay at the same weight for up to 5 days then loose up to 5 lbs. The next and it usually happens about 5 to 7 days in to being strict for me just follow the plan even though its hard when u don't c a change on the scale I think its just water retain
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks dmac. I agree. It makes no sense to maintain ur weight on so few calories so I'm just going to go with that. hopefully in a few days I will see it happen for me too. I can't remember if I read it on this forum or some other site. But there was an article written on why u get a plateau and then almost overnight u lose a bunch of weight. It is water weight, I just have to stick with it!! Thanks for the advice!
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:02 pm

today: 114.3

i little loss, but at least its going in the right direction. i dont think im going to make my 110 goal by this weekend Sad , but i will try my best to get as close a possible and take it day by day. Next time i feel like i need to have a "nutritional" day i will try to pick something less intense Wink then maybe i wont take 2 days to get back to my starting point like this week. Its okay, i learned and its perfectly alright. i hope at least im around 112 or so by the weekend that would be sweet Like a Star @ heaven

Breakfast= Tea with creamer (10 cal)
Lunch (2:00)= (my mom's snack pack arrived in the mail)- 3 bites carrot pudding + 2 bites banana nut muffin (i dont really know the calorie count of home made stuff so im just going to record the bites) + tea with creamer (20 calories)
Dinner (6:15)=4 bites carrot pudding + 1 bite banana nut muffin

=== 10 bites === im counting the pudding bites with a tablespoon and eating it in little nibbles to enjoy it and at the same time limit myself with legitimate bites. I also cut the muffins up into bite sizes and stuck it in a tupper ware, so i can just pick out 5 pieces, put them on a plate then nibble on them.

so i need to just vent a little-- i hate when my mom sends me packages cuz i LOVE and MISS her cooking so much when im away from home, and i just want to gobble it all up in a huge binge. I love that she makes the effort, and i love getting packages, and i love her food, but omg i hate what it does to my diet and my self control. I also refuse to be wasteful and unappreciative of her and throw it all out and lie to her about keeping it SO im going to use this as a challenge situation. Thus far on this diet i have had 0 binge days and im very very proud of that (binging is always a huge road block for me on this diet), but i also cleared away all points of temptation in my house too, so im sure that has a huge effect. Now that i have all this delicious stuff around i am really trying to focus on maintaining my commitment to this diet and maintaining my discipline, and so until this food is all eaten up i challenge myself to not binge at all or go over 10 bites any one day. If i feel like i need a "nutrition" day i will not binge, i will make a calculated move and handle myself. I will maintain my strategies to combating munchy feelings and i will not deviate. This is a huge task for me, but if i dont do this and i stupidly binge i will put on all the weight that i spent the week trying to lose and i will not come even close to my goal in the time i have. I know what the consequences are of eating all that food, and even if i do spend one day being a moron, the next day and the next and the next after that are going to be harder and harder to come back to this diet. This is the final 4.5 week stretch that i have and i refuse to cave in. I need your help nibblers, keep my accountable!!! What a Face

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 pm

weight- 113.9lbs (horray!)

Breakfast= Tea with creamer (20 cal)
lunch (2:30)= 2 bites carrot pudding (50 cal) + 3 bites banana nut muffin ( 100 cal?)
dinner (5:30)= 4 big bites spicy pita (140 cal) + 1 bite carrot pudding (25 cal)

i feel like i binged at dinner cuz i had such big bites of that pita (i folded it up and then took 4 bites of it), but it was still 5 bites!!! i threw out the rest and i just went to go check the pieces that i threw out just to verify how much i actually ate (i know, crazy), and i only ate about 2/3 of the pita (about 140 calories i guess if i assume that 1 is about 240 calories, its oily).. not horrible. im going to just chug some water and tea for the rest of the night and hit the sack early tonite. i hope i lost some weight by tomorrow!!! Shocked Shocked

=== 10 bites approx 315 calories ===
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:50 am

weight= 114.2
i dont think i ate enough yesterday to actually gain weight. so... yea i dont know what happened there. Maybe i ate alot of salt? that stuff i ate was kinda dense so maybe its the weight of the food itself still weighing me down?
im kinda bummed that i didnt even get to 112! but its alright, it happens sometimes so im just going to stick to my guns and do what i can. i dont think i look fatter, my hip bones are actually sticking out a little more than yesterday, so who knows. I only have 4 weeks left, i think i can get close to 105 but i dont know if ill make it exactly. and thats okay too.

Breakfast= tea with creamer (10) + brought a coffee to work with me for later (20)
Lunch= granola bar (100)
Dinner= TBA
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 pm

so i dont even celebrate easter, but yea the weekend was not so great. I didnt exactly binge, but i def ate way more than i should have. BUT the good news is all of my mommy's snacks have been all eaten up so i have a nice clean slate again. Additionally i bough more prunes- i think my diet went kinda south once i stopped eating them so i plan on keeping them around.
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 pm

We can totally get back on track! It's great when all the snacks are out of the house.
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top